The Woman Report- Update 4/24 Final Thoughts p. 74

Linnie The Pooh

Making Fun of Buzz is my Favorite Hobby!!
I turned 40 this year. Kind of a milestone. So we were talking about what we should do for my 40th. Before I get too much further, for those of you who are new, I’ll introduce ourselves.

Me: Linnie, 40, I don’t really know how to describe myself. I’m pretty quirky. Other than that, I don’t really know so I’ll just tell you some things I like. I like crocheting and doing crafts, but mostly crocheting. I like to play the piano and have played since I was 9. I love to read books and learn things. ;)

Buzz: my DH of 14 years. He’s 41 years old. He’s kind of loud, boisterous and a real go getter. Everything I’m not so I guess you could say that opposites attract. In our case, it’s worked for us. I think we’re in it for the long haul. We’re pretty compatible and seem to be the zig when the other zags. :cool2:

Trey: our 8 year little boy, aka Moan Boy. He has a neurological disability that is similar to autism. It primarily affects his communication ability. He’s very sweet and cuddly and loves to be snuggled with. He loves Super Mario and is a whiz at playing that game. :cloud9:

LeeAndra: our 6 year old little girl, aka Loud Girl. She’s a shy, quiet child when outside of the house, but at home, she’s quite loud and outspoken. She’s excellent at gymnastics and playing soccer. She loves Super Mario too and is very good at playing, but the ghost houses and castles still scare her a little bit. :cutie:

We love Disney and always do a Disney World trip in the fall. We’re DVC members and live for these trips! It really helps Trey to make progress for some reason and we just have a great time in Florida!

So --for Buzz’s 40th last year, we had a party. It was a lot of fun. When we started discussing mine, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I didn’t really want a party-I guess I’m not much of a party person. I don’t like being the center of attention so we started thinking of other options.

We live in Montana so we thought of going snowmobiling. That is awesome. We went for our honey moon and that was the last time I’d gone. Excellent idea. However, due to our little Moan Boy’s disability, he doesn’t like to go outside after dark during non-Daylight Savings Time hours. During DST, he’s fine, but during the fall, winter and early spring, forget it. Half of the fun of snowmobiling is taking the night runs. Also a huge concern, what if the kids hate it? Then we’re stuck in a hotel room for a week doing nothing because there is nothing to do in the place we snowmobile except snowmobile. We nixed that idea. Too many variables and unknowns.

Option number 2-something we used to do when our DD was first born. Drive to Disneyland!! We did this after 9/11 as I was too afraid to fly and really didn’t want to bring a baby and a toddler on the plane. Trey was quite challenging at that point and DD was sooo little. Buzz is no help with babies and I didn’t want to get on a flying tube in the sky only to have them freak out for several hours with me frantically trying to pacify them. So we drove to DL instead of flying to WDW.

We have very fond memories of our 2 trips to DL. DD even took her first steps on our first trip to DL. We had a really good time on both trips. Only snag this time is, again, Moan Boy. He needs to know how much time until something is over or until the next event is. I don’t want to drive from Montana to California listening to him constantly asking how much time til we get to the next hotel. Idea nixed.

Back to the party idea. We looked at a few options. Nixed. Not into it. :sad2:

It is now November 2007 and I am 2 months away from the big 40. Buzz’s mom and her husband are in town and I’m chatting with Buzz while they’re out walking about our neighborhood. They’re awesome people btw! So, I mentioned the kids get a spring break this year-something that hasn’t happened in our school district in awhile. Buzz was going to be out of town that week. Geeeeez. I said, “I don’t want to be stuck at home for a week with the kids. Maybe I’ll take them somewhere.” Then I said in a very offhand fashion, “Why don’t we FLY to Disneyland? Could you get out of your trip?” Buzz loved the idea and spent the rest of the day making arrangements! He got out of his trip and made arrangements for ours!! :banana:

So we’re on our way to Disneyland!! I made the countdown chart. It’s our tradition. I make a countdown chart every year-it’s become a great way to alert Trey to how many days are left until our trip. He is a little resistant to the idea of another trip. He loves school and would rather be there. This is also a first for us. He usually hates school, but this year, he has a great teacher that likes him-in fact she said the whole school enjoys Trey. Awesome!

Loud Girl-well, she’s always up for an adventure. Especially after I told her I’d get her a Sponge Bob game for her Game Boy. She’s in. And she’s the one putting stickers on the countdown everyday. She’s a very take-charge type of girl. :thumbsup2

Buzz and I are definitely excited for this trip. I really don’t know the details of it. My job is to just pack for me and the kids and be ready by the date Buzz tells me. I do know we’re staying at the Disney’s Grand Californian and we think we’ll have an awesome time!!

I usually start packing 2 months before our trips, but I haven't packed a dog gone thing yet. Haven't even got the suitcases out. We're 24 days out right now so I better git crackin'. :yay:

Second! Man, when I followed the link over, it made me log in! Stooopid thing!

Yea Linnie!!!!

Can't wait to read of your DL adventures. Never been there, but would love to go sometime!

Yup ... I'm here! But when the heck did you write that Linnie? It says it is now November 2007. Is there some sort of time warp in Montana? Makes sense to me.

Alright...actually got a comment on the first page of the thread. Go me!

I have tried and tried again to get my sister to agree to a DL trip but no dice. It is WDW or nothing.

Yup ... I'm here! But when the heck did you write that Linnie? It says it is now November 2007. Is there some sort of time warp in Montana? Makes sense to me.

I think that's when they decided to "do Disneyland" for her birthday. LOL

But :rotfl: about the timewarp!

Hiya Linnie :wave2:

I'm glad to see you started your own TR!!!

Looking forward to reading it later :woohoo:

Family time for us tonight, we're watching Harry Potter :3dglasses
(even though we've already seen it)

10.gif

I'm here. Great start. Don't thing that is fair Buzz being first. I have this funny suspision that he was next to you when you were starting the thread. :confused3

I've been to WDW 6 times but never been to the west coast. Can't wait. I did learn a few things from the man report (like the awsome margaritas at CJs). Hope to learn a few things about DL in case we decide to go that way. May have to wait for the DVC at GC. popcorn::

Also enjoyed you and buzz on the reports.:rolleyes1

And me too on the first page, WOW. How lucky am I. :banana:

:sad2:

Second! Man, when I followed the link over, it made me log in! Stooopid thing!

That is stooopid!! :headache:

:cheer2: back at ya!!

Yeah! This is a "Mod-Free" Zone!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Uh oh, fasten your seat belts-this could be a rough ride Kids!

Yea Linnie!!!!

Can't wait to read of your DL adventures. Never been there, but would love to go sometime!

It's awesome!! :hug:

Disneyland ROCKS! In 8 days, I rode Soarin at LEAST 25 times!

Wow!! That's cool!! I wonder how many times we can ride it! Probably not that many, but maybe close!!

I'm here! The party can start now! :banana: ;)

Let's get it started! :woohoo:

Sheesh, DM am I going to have explain my posts to you on this thread?! What I meant was we kicked around all those ideas for all of last year and "It's now November" as in we were talking about my b-day in November, but in reality when I wrote that it was January. Sorry for the confusion, I'll try not to be such a fancy writer in the future! J/K. I'm listening to Buzz squeak his way through Guitar Hero. Gets me a little on edge. :scared:

Alright...actually got a comment on the first page of the thread. Go me!

I have tried and tried again to get my sister to agree to a DL trip but no dice. It is WDW or nothing.

Aw, that's too bad. DL is excellent. They have tons of the same attractions and they're all a lot closer together than WDW-not as much walking!

I think that's when they decided to "do Disneyland" for her birthday. LOL

But :rotfl: about the timewarp!

:thumbsup2 You're gud! Don't have to do no explaining to you! (That time warp thing was funny!)

Hiya Linnie :wave2:

I'm glad to see you started your own TR!!!

Looking forward to reading it later :woohoo:

Family time for us tonight, we're watching Harry Potter :3dglasses
(even though we've already seen it)

10.gif

Enjoy the movie and family night! popcorn:: Family time is awesome. Maybe not with my family, but that's another topic altogether....

Oh, I wanted to add we put our Countdown Chart on the wall in the kids' bathrom. Kind of an odd place, but we wanted it somewhere were they'd see it everyday. It seems to be working-they know exactly how many days until we leave.

If anyone wants me to send them postcards from DL, just give me a PM and consider it done!

I am here. Can't wait as I have not been there in 14 years.

I`m here Linnie! Great start! Great writing! I thought you were actually going to drive again this time! :scared1: Good to know your flying. how long is the drive? :confused3

I would of been here sooner ,but I had to work tonite. I was all excited and ready to get on the DIS after work, I made my first margarita in a week, :woohoo: was geeting ready at the computer and Sam knocked it over!! :mad: ahhhh,,Dont mess with my margaritas!!! o-well,,looking forward to the pictures from DL. I dont really know anything about it, so this will be good!!v

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter