The Wiltern?

rndmr2

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to DLR and LA in September. I have tickets to a concert at the Wiltern on September 26th (a-ha :love: ) Does anyone know this venue? How is the area? We want to see some of LA and Hollywood, the beach, etc so we were planning a split stay and staying somewhere nearby for the first few days to explore there and then heading to Disney for the rest of the time to concentrate on the parks. I had done a search and came up with the Ramada a few blocks away on Wilshire and the reviews were mostly ok but I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with that hotel and/or the area, maybe even someone has been to a concert/show at that theater.

Thanks in Advance! :flower1:

Not only have I seen concerts and shows there I often work there. It's a beautiful theater. I'm going April 25th.

The area is nice - very close to Korea Town with some great food. Sorry, no experience with hotels - I live just a few miles away.

It's in a decent area. My daughter used to go to concerts there (even took the bus) when she was just out of high school. Take a good look at the facade of the theater when you go, and remember that when you go to California Adventure in the Hollywood area. :)

We haven't seen a concert there in a few years, but I'm thinking we took the metro the last time we went. If you don't mind taking public transit, you could stay at a hotel further away (e.g. near USH) for your Hollywood site seeing and just take the metro to and from your concert (which sounds super fun, by the way!). (If you stay by USH, there is a Metro Red Line station right at the bottom of the hill from USH.) Definitely try Koreatown for food -- so many choices!
ETA:
From the Wiltern website (FAQs):
The Metro Purple Line stops right across the street from The Wiltern and connects with Downtown LA, Union Station, and Metro Red Line (to Hollywood). Metro Purple line operates until midnight on weekdays (Sunday to Thursday) and 2:00AM on weekends. Please check metro.net for the most up to date information.

Last edited:

Excellent point rabbit! I live in Hollywood and take the subway to the Wiltern. That opens up the hotel choices,

Awesome! Thanks for the great responses! Glad to know it is in a decent area with great food - always important! :goodvibes. Now off to cast a wider net for my hotel search.

While you're casting a net for hotels, be searching for places to eat in Koreatown. You'll need time to narrow down your choices!

I've recommended that Ramada many times within these forums. Undoubtedly, it's the best value in the Los Angeles area -- great location (tons of great shops and restaurants within walking distance, including a Ralph's supermarket), tons of public transportation options right outside the front door or a short walk away (including the Metro), great staff, and clean rooms. Room rates are among the lowest within the Los Angeles area, and parking (a huge garage+surface) is free.

Lots of love for Hollywood on this forum, but recognize that the lowest prices (including parking and taxes) are usually at least double that of this place, and the location isn't much of an advance (I prefer Koreatown).

edit: I meant Ramada, not Radisson.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!