The Wells Family Disney Adventures - Summer 2018

#thewellsfamilydisneyadventures

Days twenty eight, twenty nine and thirty

Ok, so this is is, the day we leave. This does not make any of us happy. However, what does make us happy was the realisation that our ticket is valid for another day, when we thought it expired yesterday! So we booked a few FP, finished the packing, and headed out on the boat to MK for a few hours.

We walked past a photopass photographer who clearly saw the mood we were in, came up to us and beamed ‘you’re at Disney, you can smile’. When we told him we were going home in a few hours, he said ‘ahhh, now I get it’. We had a lovely few hours, rode some favourites (Haunted Mansion for the millionth time), and before we headed out, we went to get a final Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom pack of cards. Ben only has one left to complete his collection, and what do you know? It was in the pack we picked up! Ended our final morning rather perfectly.

Back at the Polynesian, we collected our bags and boarded the Tragical Depress. On the way to the hotel, it’s the Magical Express, but I refuse to call it that on the way to the airport, I refuse that name.

Security was a breeze, but unfortunately the flight was delayed by an hour due to a storm in the area. The flight was pretty uneventful. We’d managed to book extra legroom seats, which always makes the world of difference, especially on a night flight. Also felt like we had our own little cabin as we were right between premium and the galley. There were only three rows of seats there, and it was curtained off, very nice. We even turned left when we got onboard haha! The flight was fine, quite bumpy the whole way, but nothing too bad. Have to say, Norwegian will now be our airline of choice. I thought the Dreamliner was superb. The staff were wonderful and it was overall just a great experience.

We landed a little late, at 6.30am. This wasn’t a problem for us as we couldn’t get on the train until after 9.30am anyway. Security is always so much more efficient here. Now call me crazy, but when there are many flights landing, we put extra people in the booths. Sounds bonkers? It clearly is to the Americans, who think the security line needs to be something to suffer through. We were thought within minutes. However, it still annoys me that anyone with kids under 12 can’t use the automatic booths. There was 20 of them, all going unused. If we can use them in Canada, I don’t see why we can’t here. Rant over!

We found a comfy spot in the airport for some breakfast and a chill before heading off to the train. We’d booked a Travelodge because originally the flight wasn’t due in until late afternoon, and we didn’t want to worry about rushing for our train back north. With the flight coming in so much earlier, that was no longer necessary, but we’d already paid for it, and it was nice to crash there for the afternoon. Slept reasonable well, apart from all waking up around 2am to see the train line outside the window having some very loud maintenance!

We all woke up refreshed and headed off to the final part of the journey, our train back north, which is where I write this now.

So that’s it, another Wells Disney Adventure done. These blogs are done for purely selfish reasons, so I can look back on what we did, so if you’ve been following along, thank you, I hope you’ve enjoyed our little slice of Disney magic. I’ll probably do a wrap up in a few days, so if there’s anything that you’d like mentioning specifically, let me know. For now though, that’s me finished :-)

Loved this report! Wow, I hope to someday have the luxury of spending that much time at WDW! (Retirement, I guess...)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

Very jealous of the parts where you got a zillion FP every day.

Those points you got back, perhaps you can use them next year and book a one bedroom part of the time. Do lots of cooking and laundry those days. LOL

Haha, as much as I’d love to do that, we’re planning on going in the summer, and at Christmas, so the extra points will come in handy for that. I don’t think I’d ever want to go back to a studio if we had a one bedroom!

The FP thing was amazing, got quite proficient at it by the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!