The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Does this new policy apply to cash reservations made through the website too? We booked a stay from July 21-30 back in early May. Now I’ve noticed that they aren’t accepting new reservations until July 31. It hasn’t been cancelled yet and we paid the first night as a deposit. After reading the updates here, we made a back up reservation somewhere else just in case, but we’d really like to stay here. However, we are wondering if it’s better to try some other time if the pools and lazy river are all closed. When would we know if they were going to cancel our reservation or keep it?

Does this new policy apply to cash reservations made through the website too? We booked a stay from July 21-30 back in early May. Now I’ve noticed that they aren’t accepting new reservations until July 31. It hasn’t been cancelled yet and we paid the first night as a deposit. After reading the updates here, we made a back up reservation somewhere else just in case, but we’d really like to stay here. However, we are wondering if it’s better to try some other time if the pools and lazy river are all closed. When would we know if they were going to cancel our reservation or keep it?
Right now, things are uncertain in the travel world as resorts, theme parks and other places are just starting to reopen.

For a July trip I would say it's just too early to know.

What is known is that reopenings have been steadily moving forward in Florida.

Right now, the pools at WBC are open, but you need to reserve a time to visit. The lazy river is open, but floats are not allowed. These rules could change tomorrow or next week.

There is no availability for WBC in RCI until October at the moment. I have not seen any posts on TUG about them being canceled. RCI exchanges could be a tiny percentage of rooms, thus they are letting them continue. I don't know.

Also, while you can pay to add a guest certificate for an RCI exchange, you are not allowed to rent exchanges (not that it doesn't happen, I see it all the time for Saratoga Springs).

The bulk of renting at WBC comes from Wyndham owners, and with guest certificates being canceled, that is stopped for now.
We already have an RCI confirmed exchange for December..... I wonder if it'll get canceled.... I assume if it does they'll notify us (I hope)

Hey WBC Friends, I just got an email from Wyndham today. Looks like they'll start relaxing the guest reservation policy as occupancy allows, starting June 15th. And they're working to open more pools.

Here are the pieces from the email that I think you guys will be interested in:

We continue adapting to state and local regulations as well as public health guidance to create a fun and safe vacation for you.
We are working to reopen pools at most resorts. Specifics on the pool openings for each resort are available here.
We will begin honoring guest reservations, beginning June 15, as occupancy allows. And, additional reservation types such as exchange and rental will soon be accommodated.

We own at WBC and I got that email today as well. It does say that it is based on occupancy though and that owner reservations take priority over guest reservations, so I would not necessarily assume all guest reservations will stand, but it does mean that they will not all be cancelled. I guess the later your reservation is the better

Excellent. I think we all figured this would be how it played out. I'm glad things are getting back to normal!

We are staying in a 2 bedroom deluxe that we rented from an owner. We will be hanging out mainly at the resort. My DD 7, loves splash pads and small pool slides (no big slides yet!) Where should we request and how do we request?

We are staying in July. Any guesses on if the splash pads and lazy river will be open?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Should I be concerned about an October trip I just booked through Extra Holidays?
Reading the last few pages of this thread has me :oops:o_O

Smaller, middle-man companies going out of business leaving people high and dry. Not good.

A kind, very knowledgeable poster gave me the scoop on another thread about this company and said they are legit. But I believe they ARE not a direct Wyndham company.

Would appreciate your insights.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom deluxe that we rented from an owner. We will be hanging out mainly at the resort. My DD 7, loves splash pads and small pool slides (no big slides yet!) Where should we request and how do we request?

We are staying in July. Any guesses on if the splash pads and lazy river will be open?
Thanks!
You can make a request at check-in. I've had decent luck with asking and letting them know that we're willing to wait a bit for our preference.

I've heard reports that the lazy river is open now, but you need to bring your own tube and there is a reservation system in place so you choose a time chunk to go to the pool. I'm not sure if the reports I've heard are the lazy river at tower 5 or the one at the main building. Tower 6 has the pirate ship area with the bigger slide. The smaller pool over at tower 3 has a small waterslide and I *think* a splash pad...someone chime in here! There's a playground between tower 1 and tower 2. The space between tower 1 and the main building is used for inflatables and other activities (though I would guess that type of stuff won't be happening yet in July...but you never know!). Outside of tower 4 is the ampitheater and shuffleboard. Oh, also outside of tower 3 is mini golf (which I think I also heard is open now). So it kind of all depends on what you'll be using most often. However, honestly there isn't a bad building at WBC, and as big as it is it is all very walkable around the lake/pond. Towers 4,5,6 are more bustling than 1,2,3, so that might weigh in for you too. Or luck of the draw! I tend to generally just ask for water view more than anything else.

ETA: here is a decent map of the whole property: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Locatio...lub_Wyndham_Bonnet_Creek-Orlando_Florida.html

Should I be concerned about an October trip I just booked through Extra Holidays?
Reading the last few pages of this thread has me :oops:o_O

Smaller, middle-man companies going out of business leaving people high and dry. Not good.

A kind, very knowledgeable poster gave me the scoop on another thread about this company and said they are legit. But I believe they ARE not a direct Wyndham company.

Would appreciate your insights.

I think by October you will be fine, they're already starting to relax the guest thing as occupancy allows. And interesting, I always thought Extra Holidays was associated with Wyndham, maybe I need to do some Googling.

Last edited:
Man, I'm getting "homesick" for WBC! We're slated to go in July, but we have the whole NY/NJ/CT quarantine thing hanging out there plus the Disney AP falderal, not knowing if we'll be able to reserve park days or not. Plus, living in a hotspot state that is now seeing daily numbers that are getting lower and lower, we'll be watching FL's numbers in the coming weeks and decide about traveling. So much unknown at this point! Not fun for a compulsive planner :rolleyes1

I just snagged a great deal for July 19-24! We've always wanted to stay here but things have never fallen into place. I'm excited about exploring the resort. We have APs so hopefully we can get a few days in the parks. I'm thinking KSC and Legoland as back ups in case we don't.

We check in to WBC on the 1st 😄 Can anyone confirm what a previous poster said about needing to provide your own pool floats for the lazy river? Curious about pool towel check out too. Thanks!

We check in to WBC on the 1st 😄 Can anyone confirm what a previous poster said about needing to provide your own pool floats for the lazy river? Curious about pool towel check out too. Thanks!
Since things are changing pretty frequently with the resort re-openings, you may want to just call the resort directly in the coming week or so to see what the current status is on the pool floats and towels. Here's their number:

Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek

407-238-3500

Just checked in. Pool time is available in three time blocks on a first come first serve basis, and not all pools are open. Wristbands are being issued instead of room keys (although we requested keys too). They are also your pool access.
20D88005-B39B-4A4E-8A9F-07F65F507C8B.jpeg

Wait, what? Do they have a magic band-type system now?
You can charge to the room using them. Mine is blue and has Cinderella's castle on a plastic rectangle. The plastic rectangle is on a blue elastic band. The plastic rectangle works like a door key.

My 7 year old just has a yellow elastic band with no plastic piece.

You can charge to the room using them. Mine is blue and has Cinderella's castle on a plastic rectangle. The plastic rectangle is on a blue elastic band. The plastic rectangle works like a door key.

My 7 year old just has a yellow elastic band with no plastic piece.
Ooh, cool!!!

Wait, what? Do they have a magic band-type system now?
We went with whatever was free. Blue bands with a plastic card on top. They are snug, even our teens commented on how snug they fit.
5F400311-FB54-4D83-BF80-B1CE4ECE8A3E.jpeg

More pools are now open and the hours are longer. There is still a line to access the pools, even at 9pm.

One thing we did encounter. On day 4 they deactivated all of our bands/room keys. My husband went down to the desk to inquire about this. The clerk said that it was because we had yet to attend a member presentation. We own here (resale eons ago), do not plan to buy more, and told them this at check in. Frustrating but quickly resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!