The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Agree about the correcting, but it's actually good info, I was confused. It is confusing in general to everyone that there are many properties with "Bonnet Creek" attached!

I've actually been thinking about doing exactly what you're suggesting with the Poly in December for a significant birthday trip, since the Poly was where we stayed when I was little, but I am having a super hard time spending more on two nights than I would on the other five...so my plan is to stay at WBC for $759 for seven nights, and then go spend some time at the Poly on the bars and the beach! At first I wanted to use this trip sans kids to stay at a Disney hotel, but I like WBC and the price so much, I can't bring myself to do it! Instead I'm putting money toward doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe the Christmas party, and other special experiences in the parks and restaurants that we've never done before.
Thanks - this is the kind of reply I was looking for. I don't mind being corrected, but at least also address the intent of the post, which CondescendingEd did not do.

Reading your comments, and others has me re-thinking the splurge at Poly "Studios". It's also a good lesson for my kids to learn not to be foolish with their $. You're right, we're doing dinner at O'Hana's and may add the Luau as well, so we can get the Poly vibe without spending $1,000 to stay in a smaller room than WBC.

Thanks - this is the kind of reply I was looking for. I don't mind being corrected, but at least also address the intent of the post, which CondescendingEd did not do.

Reading your comments, and others has me re-thinking the splurge at Poly "Studios". It's also a good lesson for my kids to learn not to be foolish with their $. You're right, we're doing dinner at O'Hana's and may add the Luau as well, so we can get the Poly vibe without spending $1,000 to stay in a smaller room than WBC.

Yes, we may do O'Hana, too! I am a Stitch lover, so thinking breakfast...

Garbage in, garbage out, Jack. I was actually trying to be helpful. Imagine thinking you're getting a bungalow and you end up in a studio. And the abbreviations can be confusing, as I thought I was merely plainly describing to you. But you do you.

What about staying at WBC for the 7 nights and using the money saved from not booking the deluxe disney resort towards one of the after hours events? (Assuming some are running during your trip).
That's exactly what we're doing this April. In the past we've booked a single night in one of the Disney values or moderates if our flight plans have us getting in a day earlier than our WBC reservations, but the rates this year are outrageous so we just added a WBC 1 bedroom on our arrival day (we're Wyndham owners, so yeah, we pay our dues, but it is still way cheaper...and feels "free" LOL.) Anyway, we reallocated what we would have paid at a Disney resort to book an After Hours event at Animal Kingdom. With a single day reservation, that 60 day FP booking window wouldn't have done us much good anyway since the biggies will be gone well before 60 days. We're looking forward to our evening at AK!

Thank you for the reply. My choice is whether to take advantage of this attractive BC rate now and use the savings toward a deluxe resort for the remaining 2 nights, or wait for an attractive 7-day rate at BC for our mid-July stay.

I wouldn't put my family through the pain of a mid-vacay hotel change unless I knew they would think it's worth it, and only the deluxe resorts give me that confidence. I have my eyes on Poly bungalows which are ~$500/night with the current 25% off offer. The savings on this BC rate over my next best rate nearly pay for 1 Poly night. I think BC & Poly make a nice combination for the family, just hoping I'm taking everything into consideration...
Ah, gotcha. I think I’d wait til I could get the whole week I need then. For what it’s worth, I’ve stayed at the Poly DVC studios multiple times and love those rooms, but we are a party of 2. They’re quite large for studios and we love being able to use the poly pools. Not worth $500 a night to me though.

Slight change of subject but can anyone tell me a little about some of the activities at the resort? We are a multigenerational group. It will be my parents (mid-60's), my husband and I (late 30's) and our son (will be 19mo) and my brother and his gf in their late 20's. Are there any activities that might appeal to everyone if we spend a few days just hanging at the resort or are they more geared towards kiddos? Also the ones that are more towards kids, is there anything a toddler might enjoy? I've only heard things like tie-dye, which is cool but a little advances for a 1 year old. Bonus if anyone has a sample schedule I can see!

We are going the 2nd week of December and have a 2br booked. We only plan to do 2-3 park days to see how the little guy does and not overwhelm him.

This is the activity calendar from last April. We’ve been at WBC several years for Spring Break and Thanksgiving. The calendar hasn’t changed much over the years. Ever so often a new amphitheater show or pool game appears but overall, it’s pretty consistent. 1C33C095-4EFE-4CD1-9A1A-3AC120E6FBA7.jpegD1E1CE5C-2018-454C-96EC-CEEC799CBB36.jpeg
Slight change of subject but can anyone tell me a little about some of the activities at the resort? We are a multigenerational group. It will be my parents (mid-60's), my husband and I (late 30's) and our son (will be 19mo) and my brother and his gf in their late 20's. Are there any activities that might appeal to everyone if we spend a few days just hanging at the resort or are they more geared towards kiddos? Also the ones that are more towards kids, is there anything a toddler might enjoy? I've only heard things like tie-dye, which is cool but a little advances for a 1 year old. Bonus if anyone has a sample schedule I can see!

We are going the 2nd week of December and have a 2br booked. We only plan to do 2-3 park days to see how the little guy does and not overwhelm him.

Looks like I may have waited too long and now can't find the dates I'm looking for May 10th-May16th 2020. Anyone have any tips or tricks for last minute bookings?

Looks like I may have waited too long and now can't find the dates I'm looking for May 10th-May16th 2020. Anyone have any tips or tricks for last minute bookings?
That's not a last-minute booking. You have to shop around by going to vacation strategy, ebay, redweek, tugbbs, etc.

Many people rent WBC on those places as a business and will help you with your exact dates. It's a giant resort and inventory changes all the time.

That's not a last-minute booking. You have to shop around by going to vacation strategy, ebay, redweek, tugbbs, etc.

Many people rent WBC on those places as a business and will help you with your exact dates. It's a giant resort and inventory changes all the time.

Thanks that is exactly what I needed! Never heard of Redweek. Found a listing that will work now just waiting for acceptance.

Found a summer rate of $850 for 5 days at BC and I'm leaning towards booking it, then splurging for 2-3 days on property to fill out our week (unfortunately for FPs has to be after BC). The "Pros" I've identified are the attractive BC rate and getting 60-day FPs before the Disney resort date vs 30-days prior to BC -- oh, and of course "Disney Magic" 24 hrs/day for 2 days. The "Cons" are having to pack up (family of 4) mid-vacay, and downsizing (likely losing the kitchen).

Thoughts on other considerations I'm missing? Would you do it? We'll likely choose a monorail resort or possibly AKL. Also, this will be our first BC stay.

Thanks in advance.
FYI, if you are thinking about switching just for the FPPs, I'd recommend getting a throwaway room at a value resort or campground. If not, I'd recommend doing the Disney room on the front side. I find it easier to move after 1 or 2 nights, than after 5, because we like to unpack for the longer stays and it is easier to go from a small room to a big condo, than a big condo to a small room.

Agree about the correcting, but it's actually good info, I was confused. It is confusing in general to everyone that there are many properties with "Bonnet Creek" attached!

I've actually been thinking about doing exactly what you're suggesting with the Poly in December for a significant birthday trip, since the Poly was where we stayed when I was little, but I am having a super hard time spending more on two nights than I would on the other five...so my plan is to stay at WBC for $759 for seven nights, and then go spend some time at the Poly on the bars and the beach! At first I wanted to use this trip sans kids to stay at a Disney hotel, but I like WBC and the price so much, I can't bring myself to do it! Instead I'm putting money toward doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe the Christmas party, and other special experiences in the parks and restaurants that we've never done before.
Where are you getting 7 nights for $759 from? In a 1-bed or 2-bed?

We are here now and we absolutely love it! I do have one question: we didn't request a room location and pretty much don't care about views. We have a "parking lot" view but we love it just because we aren't in Maine staring at frozen bare trees! That said, we are in Tower 3, at the very, very end of the hallway towards the Wyndham hotel, and the noise from the HVAC or generators or whatever outside the hotel is just to the left of our balcony. It is a pretty loud hum all the time. We have to raise our voices a little to hear each other on the balcony. Doesn't bother us inside. Would it be worth it to try to move? We are here for two more weeks. (also, the internet and cable have been out all day, fyi in case anyone else is here now. We don't care but others might.). Advice appreciated.

We are here now and we absolutely love it! I do have one question: we didn't request a room location and pretty much don't care about views. We have a "parking lot" view but we love it just because we aren't in Maine staring at frozen bare trees! That said, we are in Tower 3, at the very, very end of the hallway towards the Wyndham hotel, and the noise from the HVAC or generators or whatever outside the hotel is just to the left of our balcony. It is a pretty loud hum all the time. We have to raise our voices a little to hear each other on the balcony. Doesn't bother us inside. Would it be worth it to try to move? We are here for two more weeks. (also, the internet and cable have been out all day, fyi in case anyone else is here now. We don't care but others might.). Advice appreciated.
I think it would be worth asking at the desk, especially given that you've got a couple more weeks! I'd just politely ask if there's any chance to move to a different room and that you're willing to move whenever something comes available. You also might offer to pay a housekeeping fee if that would be required in order to accommodate the move (or at least I think I would be willing to pay). It certainly won't hurt to ask about it, especially given the length of your stay. Best of luck, let us know how it turns out!

I would. Two weeks is a long time.

Hey everyone! We are a little less than a week away from our trip and it looks like nights are going to be pretty chilly....so our group is wondering if any of the pools are heated. (🤞) Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter