The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Riveria is next door to WBC and the Skyliner is a gondola that transports guests to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

You can't walk from WBC to Riveria or the Skyliner, you would have to drive or take Uber or Taxi. You can also take Minnievans from WBC anywhere on property.
Wait... minnievans come to WBC? Is that new?

We are staying for the first time in about 20 days! Trying to find all of the important stuff in this thread to know.
Do we need to pay for floats for the lazy river? Can kids bring their own?
Is there a “need to know” list of info on this thread and anyone know what pages were most helpful lol??
I have a Disney vacation to plan in 20 days and feeling the stress!! 🤪
I have seen tons of people using their own floats in the lazy river, they also sell floats at the towel shack.

Is there a “need to know” list of info on this thread and anyone know what pages were most helpful lol??
I have a Disney vacation to plan in 20 days and feeling the stress!! 🤪

Deep breath, you'll have a great vacay!

Like @Angienharry asked, are you looking specific to WBC or just Disney in general?

As you've seen, we're very good at answering specific questions on this thread, but big broad general essay questions, we need a little direction :)

Okay I've spent a lot of time on these threads but I'm confused. I've done Disney the last 5 years but always onsite. Trying to go cheap this year or need to take a year off...
I looked up several of the booking sites mentioned.. and Vacation Strategy shows the cheapest rate (I think). $659/week for a 1 bedroom (it's one of the cheapest weeks of the year, we always book based on price/crowd calendar and will pull our children from school). So can I book it for $659 today for this September? Or I'm putting my name on a list? This thread talks about prices dropping and avail opening up, but $659/week seems like a steal. What am I not understanding?

Also, we never get a car anymore in the Disney bubble. We use Disney transport but always have used Uber around 20 times since it's faster and it's always been less than $13. Would it be okay to think we can go the entire week on Uber/Lyft? What's their latest on car seats (Booster)?

UPDATE: I tried the "get quote" from Vacation Strategy and they got back to me with a price of $759, with availability open (I think there was fine print of a $99 fee). Am I understanding everything? I admit, it seems scam-ish.

Last edited:
September is value season but if you want to check other pricing try Tripbound, Farrells, Vacation Upgrades for comparison. I would think you could get a one bedroom for 700 to 800.

Kids can’t bring their own floats in the lazy river. Tubes are provided. Are you looking for a list specific to this resort or Disney planning in general?
We haven’t stayed at Bonnet creek before so I am trying to learn all I can about the resort ..at least what I should know, before coming 😊 super excited but overwhelmed with little time to plan. We are a big family. Planning on park days and hoping my older girls can go to a park themselves one day as us and the littles head elsewhere. So trying to figure out the Disney transport system and Uber for them. I’m just going to stay up late every night reading on here lol

Deep breath, you'll have a great vacay!

Like @Angienharry asked, are you looking specific to WBC or just Disney in general?

As you've seen, we're very good at answering specific questions on this thread, but big broad general essay questions, we need a little direction :)
I know, I’m sorry! Planning last minute isn’t normally my style. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed last night reading through the threads. I think we will be fine. The resort sounds amazing!
😊

We haven’t stayed at Bonnet creek before so I am trying to learn all I can about the resort ..at least what I should know, before coming 😊 super excited but overwhelmed with little time to plan. We are a big family. Planning on park days and hoping my older girls can go to a park themselves one day as us and the littles head elsewhere. So trying to figure out the Disney transport system and Uber for them. I’m just going to stay up late every night reading on here lol

I know, I’m sorry! Planning last minute isn’t normally my style. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed last night reading through the threads. I think we will be fine. The resort sounds amazing!
😊
Happy planning! So exciting!

For the older girls, Uber/Lyft or Minnievans (although I think they're more expensive), or something we've done is just do a pickup at a park or nearby resort. The parks all have pickup lanes and it is pretty easy to navigate to a pickup area (generally the same area that Uber/Lyft use). They don't charge a parking charge if you're just driving through to pick people up.

Don't forget to plan some downtime to hang out at the resort. The pools are awesome, and there are a couple of game rooms, pool, ping pong, mini golf, etc. Go to the activities desk to check out pool towels for your crew. Also grab an activities schedule from them as well. Your younger kids might like feeding the fish in the lake, you can buy a baggie of food at the activities desk. Actually, it is fun and relaxing for any age, DH and I love feeding them :)

Hi! I’m sorry if my questions are repetitive! We are a family of 6 staying in a 2 bedroom in April 2020. I’ve never used Uber/lift 😳. How much is the ride from the airport? We would need an uber XL correct?
Also, what is the average cost for an uber for 6 to get to the Poly or Disney spring? Not planning on doing the parks but have some reservations at some of the resorts to eat. Trying to figure out the cheapest way - uber vs renting a car.
We are so excited to stay here and I’m so impressed with this thread! Thank you!

Did you read the first post of this thread? That is the starting point. Then, as mentioned, do a search for your specific quesitons, and if they haven't already been answered (unlikely), post them here.

UPDATE: I tried the "get quote" from Vacation Strategy and they got back to me with a price of $759, with availability open (I think there was fine print of a $99 fee). Am I understanding everything? I admit, it seems scam-ish.
Are you seriously implying that VS is a scam, with all the positive posts about them on this thread? Geez Louise.

I have one that is not quite a full tube and has a drink holder...perfect for floating IMHO ;)
Now how on earth could that be helpful? :P:drinking1

Did you read the first post of this thread? That is the starting point. Then, as mentioned, do a search for your specific quesitons, and if they haven't already been answered (unlikely), post them here.

Are you seriously implying that VS is a scam, with all the positive posts about them on this thread? Geez Louise.

Now how on earth could that be helpful? :P:drinking1

I was/am not seriously implying that VS is a scam. I have read all the positive posts about them on this thread. I also checked the BBB before sending them any money.

I was confused and asking for clarity on my misunderstanding of the general process. This thread mentions the price/availability changing over time, when VS doesn't present it that way. I was confused if what VS website said was possible to happen via waitlist, or if it was booked-able today (see my comment above). When I got an almost instant, 99% copy/paste if not completely generated email that was misaligned and unprofessional in my opinion, that was not much more informative than just a link to enter my credit card information, Yes, it caught me off guard and visually appeared comparable to sketchy online websites I've seen before that have been shut down.

I do not need clarity on the validity of the business. If you can provide me clarity on the price/availability changing as mentioned above, versus being set that would be helpful. Thanks.

so i can drive to rivera and park all day to gondola to epcot or just uber, no all day parking allowed?

so i can drive to rivera and park all day to gondola to epcot or just uber, no all day parking allowed?

You won't be able to park at Riviera without a room or a reservation. What you *can* do is park at Disney Springs and take a bus, Lyft or Minnie Van to Riviera or any of the other Skyliner resorts.

Is there a charge for parking at Bonnet Creek? Trying to figure out if a rental car + Theme Park parking or Uber/Lyft everywhere would be a better value.

Happy planning! So exciting!

For the older girls, Uber/Lyft or Minnievans (although I think they're more expensive), or something we've done is just do a pickup at a park or nearby resort. The parks all have pickup lanes and it is pretty easy to navigate to a pickup area (generally the same area that Uber/Lyft use). They don't charge a parking charge if you're just driving through to pick people up.

Don't forget to plan some downtime to hang out at the resort. The pools are awesome, and there are a couple of game rooms, pool, ping pong, mini golf, etc. Go to the activities desk to check out pool towels for your crew. Also grab an activities schedule from them as well. Your younger kids might like feeding the fish in the lake, you can buy a baggie of food at the activities desk. Actually, it is fun and relaxing for any age, DH and I love feeding them :)
Thanks so Much!! We are super excited! Great tips! ❤️

The calendar for school finally got released for next year so I was able to put my request in for a quote for a 1 bedroom. We have stayed off property but have had a lot of issues w/ Airbnb hosts. I convinced dh that we should try WBC. Typically we have 2 - 3 bedrooms for the 4 of us but we'd like to save an extra $500 for some extra magic! Anyone feel that the extra bedroom is worth it? We have 2 boys, they'll be 9 & 6 when we go and honestly I feel like no matter how much space we have them seem to be right on top of us!

To us the second bedroom is totally worth it. It's more space in the living room and kitchen as well. The kids get an actual bed instead of just the pull out couch. To each his own, but we like the extra space. (We're Wyndham Bonnet Creek owners.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!