The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Our friends stayed at the Grand and they used all the pools in the complex (hotel and timeshares).

Maybe someone else can answer if the hotel room key can get you into the main building area of the timeshares that houses the pool tables and allows you to use the mini golf and shuffle board stuff. I'm not going to assume and we haven't asked about that. Everything is so relaxed on property no one seemed to care which place you were staying.
I don't think the main building or tower 6 main entrance is ever locked. However, I do not know about the back entrances. I do know they require a room number/name to check out any equipment like golf clubs. I do not know if hotel guests can do that.

I just want to confirm that it goes the other way, too. If we stay at the Grand, can we use all the WBC amenities? Some of them?
Yes, you can. Just give them the room number for for ping pong, mini golf, billiards. You can participate in the paid daily kids craft activities if you like as well. It’s 2 properties but in one. Pool hop, visit the different pool live entertainment, different pool bars, etc. All good.

From the resort map, it's not clear how far away the different pools are. It looks like the kiddie splash pad is about as far from the Grand as it can be. Would it make more sense to drive over? (Assuming we can park there - is it monitored or do the units have assigned spaces or something?)

Need advice...We are staying at WBC for the first time this September(3 adults and a 4 year old). Its our first time staying offsite, and to be honest Im actually super excited to try it out! We will definitely be enjoying a few adult beverages, especially considering that the food and wine festival is happening! We plan on taking a car service from the airport and then just using Lyft/Uber for the whole trip so we dont have to worry about driving anywhere...has anyone done this? Are we crazy? Also, I know that Lyft/Uber cant drop us right at the entrance to Magic kingdom...but if I recall correctly the Minnie van can?!?! We will have my semi-elderly mom with us, so anything we can do to make her life easier is what we're aiming for! TIA!
We just took a Minnie Van from WBC to MK. It was such a beautiful thing. The drop off point was one of the front-most “bus stops”. We loved the experience so much we used them for DHS as well.

From the resort map, it's not clear how far away the different pools are. It looks like the kiddie splash pad is about as far from the Grand as it can be. Would it make more sense to drive over? (Assuming we can park there - is it monitored or do the units have assigned spaces or something?)
I guess you could drive but there aren't many spots by the main building. By the time you'd get everyone in the car and drive around you would be playing in the water. It's a nice walk, not super far really. There is also a kiddie pool next to the Grand (to the left if you're looking at the lake). To the right is the pirate ship pool which kids love too.

We just took a Minnie Van from WBC to MK. It was such a beautiful thing. The drop off point was one of the front-most “bus stops”. We loved the experience so much we used them for DHS as well.

How much was the minnie van ride?

The resort is compact enough to walk everywhere. There is no need to drive anywhere unless you are leaving the resort.

how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking...is it still a flat rate?

It's a beautiful walk around the lagoon. No need to drive. :) You don't have assigned parking. We just returned from a stay in Tower 4 this weekend and while parking was full around our building during evenings, but the parking deck had lots of open spaces.

Honestly unless your babes are infants to toddlers, the pirate pool and the zero entry lazy river are more fun for the littles/kiddos as they can walk around in the shallows and the sprayers. The splash pad area is really very toddler basic.

Last edited:
Which do you usually do first? Reserve accommodations or buy park tickets?

Thanks!

That dang date-based ticket pricing hasn’t been around long enough to impact me yet, but I think Disney tends to be pretty flexible with a good sob story or compelling reason for changes/refunds/exceptions. If you’re firm on your family’s travel week (yay!) I wouldn’t be too reluctant to buy tickets as, worst case scenario, you could probably get the cost you paid for tickets applied to other dates if your plans change. Though, since they just raised prices, I think you’re in the clear to wait if you want to shop around or let the WBC booking go through and wait til the next paycheck or credit card cycle. Not that I’ve ever done that... :rolleyes1

That dang date-based ticket pricing hasn’t been around long enough to impact me yet, but I think Disney tends to be pretty flexible with a good sob story or compelling reason for changes/refunds/exceptions. If you’re firm on your family’s travel week (yay!) I wouldn’t be too reluctant to buy tickets as, worst case scenario, you could probably get the cost you paid for tickets applied to other dates if your plans change. Though, since they just raised prices, I think you’re in the clear to wait if you want to shop around or let the WBC booking go through and wait til the next paycheck or credit card cycle. Not that I’ve ever done that... :rolleyes1

Oh wow. I just looked at the tickets. I’m cutting this whole planning thing close. I was thinking there was a 4 day magic your way ticket option. It’s not listed anymore; where did it go? Did the price increase just happen ? And I thought we could just buy tickets for x amount of days....oh my. Things have changed in a month.

Ok, I’m calm now. We were thinking of May 24 for 7 nights having 4/5 park days. Do I need to push back due to my getting in the game late?

Oh wow. I just looked at the tickets. I’m cutting this whole planning thing close. I was thinking there was a 4 day magic your way ticket option. It’s not listed anymore; where did it go? Did the price increase just happen ? And I thought we could just buy tickets for x amount of days....oh my. Things have changed in a month.

Ok, I’m calm now. We were thinking of May 24 for 7 nights having 4/5 park days. Do I need to push back due to my getting in the game late?

Were you thinking of the 4 park magic select ticket that gets you entrance to each of the 4 theme parks one time each? If so they ended that sale 3/31.

But you can definitely buy 4 day park tickets. You should check undercover tourist as you can usually save some money with them.

Were you thinking of the 4 park magic select ticket that gets you entrance to each of the 4 theme parks one time each? If so they ended that sale 3/31.

But you can definitely buy 4 day park tickets. You should check undercover tourist as you can usually save some money with them.

That was it! I hate I missed it. Since I did, I think I may go with 5 day so we can do Magic Kingdom twice.

Should I buy tickets or create an account first (this is our first time going)?

Thanks!

That was it! I hate I missed it. Since I did, I think I may go with 5 day so we can do Magic Kingdom twice.

Should I buy tickets or create an account first (this is our first time going)?

Thanks!
Buy them from Undercover Tourist. They’re cheaper. Be sure to select the “four day plus one day” ticket and not the five day ticket, as it costs less :-) It will save you about $20 per ticket compared to the Disney website price, which adds up! Also, make sure you are specific to select the first date that you intend to vacation (ticket is good for 7 days from first use) as it greatly affects the price per ticket as they are now priced date specific and you are visiting over a holiday period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts