The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Yeah, I was in Tower 1 which is probably the "worst" one for pool access. I also had two little kids. The pool by the main building (great splash pad) is practically right there, and even the farthest pool is not that far. You really can't go wrong.

Is it true that Bonnet Creek Resort is in Lake Buena Vista and the Grand is in Orlando?

So that we can help, are you asking because you’re wanting to mail something? On google they both show Orlando to me but with different zip codes. Despite the fact that the Grand is in between the vacation ownership resort towers... :confused3

Thanks! I’ll request tower 4! Does anyone else wonder why disney doesn’t extend emh to wbc in the shadow of SWGE opening? I just saw where they gave two other resorts privileges recently

Thanks! I’ll request tower 4! Does anyone else wonder why disney doesn’t extend emh to wbc in the shadow of SWGE opening? I just saw where they gave two other resorts privileges recently

ARE THOSE TIMES SHARES OR HOTELS?

I CAN'T IMAGAINE WITH ALL THE DVC PLACES DISNEY IS BUILDING THAT THEY WOULD WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT WBC

WBC is a timeshare and doesn't have all the same nuances as Hilton and Waldorf have, for better or for worse. For example, no resort fee and no parking charge. There's also the negative, for what that's worth, in the past it has been lack of complimentary parks transportation (in my opinion). I suspect that Disney doesn't want to be in partnership with the timeshare sales element at WBC and that WBC doesn't have the resources, due to restrictions on what timeshares can do with maintenance fees, to pay for participation in the program. I have no insider knowledge about whether Waldorf, Hilton, and the Springs hotels have to pay to participate but I am sure there's a financial arrangement. Can you book a Hilton Bonnet Creek or Waldorf package through Disney now? I haven't checked in to it, but that may be where Disney gets its consideration for offering the extra fp access.

ARE THOSE TIMES SHARES OR HOTELS?

I CAN'T IMAGAINE WITH ALL THE DVC PLACES DISNEY IS BUILDING THAT THEY WOULD WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT WBC

Also this ^

DVC price per point has gone to the insane level in my opinion, and that's as DVC owner who did not buy in during the sub-$100 years.

We are considering Bonnet Creek in June. Our daughter uses a wheelchair full time. She doesn’t need anything special in the room, but we were wondering 1) how is the handicapped parking at BC and 2) is any way to request a specific location once we get there so she doesn’t need to travel so far outside to the lazy river.

Last edited:
We are considering Bonnet Creek in June. Our daughter uses a wheelchair full time. She doesn’t need anything special in the room, but we were wondering about handicapped parking at BC, and if there is any way to request a specific location once we get there so she doesn’t need to travel so far outside.

My perspective (as someone who does not travel with a wheelchair user)... There are roundabouts at each tower where you can pull up to load/unload passengers from your vehicle. When we traveled with a mobility scooter this was nice because we could load the mobility scooter without having to go all the way to the parking spot. There are handicap spots at each tower but I don't know if they are adequate for the number of vehicles who require them, I'm sorry. You can request a certain location when you check in but I am not sure if any location is better than the others for parking access. Tower 6 is connected to the hotel tower, so the deck can be accessed without having to go outside. Some folks like that option, but I think tower 6 can be hard to get in a deluxe unit since many of the units there are presidential units.

My perspective (as someone who does not travel with a wheelchair user)... There are roundabouts at each tower where you can pull up to load/unload passengers from your vehicle. When we traveled with a mobility scooter this was nice because we could load the mobility scooter without having to go all the way to the parking spot. There are handicap spots at each tower but I don't know if they are adequate for the number of vehicles who require them, I'm sorry. You can request a certain location when you check in but I am not sure if any location is better than the others for parking access. Tower 6 is connected to the hotel tower, so the deck can be accessed without having to go outside. Some folks like that option, but I think tower 6 can be hard to get in a deluxe unit since many of the units there are presidential units.

Sorry, I was asking about location because we were hoping to get her close to the Lazy River, or if possible a fireworks view since she has PTSD and can’t do fireworks crowds.

We were hoping to get her close to the Lazy River, or if possible a fireworks view since she has PTSD and can’t do fireworks crowds.

The good news is there are two lazy rivers! One at the main (check in) building and one at Tower 5. I haven't seen it mentioned lately, but in the past the resort has opened a presidential unit for fireworks viewing to anyone who wants to come see it. I think they also use it to try to sell timeshares but it might be an option if your unit doesn't have a fireworks view. Definitely ask!

There is a fireworks viewing room in Tower 6, but I think it's for the Presidential units. There is another in Tower 1. Both are nice.

I've never been to WBC, but the pictures of the pools and lazy river make me think it would make a good resort-only vacation. How crowded does the pool area get? Is it likely to be a mass of people, and I'll be playing a real life "Where's Waldo" to find my kids? I'll be solo with a 4th and 5th grader, and then my 3-year-old. Does WBC have lifeguards?

We stay here at least once a year for a resort only trip, since we live in Florida. We've come in May, September, October, and December and the pools are never super crazy crowded. Not nearly as bad as at a Disney resort.

Vacation Strategy called me today to let me know that we’ve been upgraded from a 2 to a 3 bedroom unit...for the last 8 nights of our 11 night stay! That was a surprise. They wanted to make sure that we’re ok with the fact that we would have to move rooms mid stay, although they are apparently trying to get us into a 3BR for the whole stay.

We had been interested in a 3 bedroom to begin with but there wasn’t one available when I booked, so that was exciting news. We’re travelling with the kids and my mom, so everyone having their own space for most of the trip seems worth the trade off of moving rooms.

What an awesome upgrade. We stayed in a 3 bedroom one time for only a couple nights of our trip and it was SOOOOOO nice. You will have such an amazing time!

Hello - I was wondering if you could tell me your favorite tower and why (fireworks, close to pool/main tower, etc?). We will be staying at the WBC in November with our two boys (who love to swim) and a set of grandparents. We have some planned rest days so we will get to enjoy the grounds. I know the walk isn't far to anywhere, but just trying to get my bearings for what we'd like and what to expect. Also is there a place where it shows what buildings have been remodeled? We're staying in a 2-bedroom. Thanks for all your help!

We prefer tower 1 or 2. It is right by the playground and mini golf. There are grills right across from the playground, which is nice with the kids. There is also a pool, with a slide, right at the main building and at tower 3. We find it quieter over there since the towers are shorter. I always ask for a lake view, because it's so pretty. You can see fireworks from certain locations on that side of the lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter