The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I haven't been reading this thread too much lately, but wondering if you think prices have gone up. We have stayed 5 or six times in the last five years and never paid more than $750 a week for a two bedroom. I have used ebay or skyauction, vacation strategies has always been a lot more. I homeschool so I was able to find a good deal and then plan our vacation around it. Now my daughter is in school and with set days that I can go I'm wondering if I can chance waiting until the date is closer. I found 7 nights in Feb for $1069 and six nights in March for $1100 and wondering if I should go ahead and book those.

We had wanted to go in October, but I wasn't finding any good deals. So we decided to stay close to home and just go to Wisconsin Dells. Wouldn't you know two day after I booked a non refundable room I see 6 days at Bonnet Creek for the dates we needed for $599>:(

Being new to this board I just want to thank everyone for all the great and helpful information. I found WBC on my own and had concerns after reading a few tripadvisor reviews. Since I found this Bonnet Creek thread, I am reassured that I am making the right choice for our Christmas vacation. This is the first time we are coming to Disney for Christmas as well as the first visit with my little grandkids. I have been following the travel from WBC to parks thread but the main problem is getting to MK. I have one day for the rides/attractions that will be early start-no worries, I hope! But on another day, we have a reservation at CRT at 6pm. I wish it was not that day but it was the only time I could get it. I read about valet parking at CR and walking but have 2 concerns. We will need two cars and we have little ones. First, I am afraid we might get hassled at CR gate because we are 2 cars and it is Christmas week. Second, how long is the walk from CR to MK? Does it make sense to park at Epcot and monorail there?
Also, heard that MinnieVan is great but is only from Disney property, that hasn't changed has it?

I haven't been reading this thread too much lately, but wondering if you think prices have gone up. We have stayed 5 or six times in the last five years and never paid more than $750 a week for a two bedroom. I have used ebay or skyauction, vacation strategies has always been a lot more. I homeschool so I was able to find a good deal and then plan our vacation around it. Now my daughter is in school and with set days that I can go I'm wondering if I can chance waiting until the date is closer. I found 7 nights in Feb for $1069 and six nights in March for $1100 and wondering if I should go ahead and book those.

We had wanted to go in October, but I wasn't finding any good deals. So we decided to stay close to home and just go to Wisconsin Dells. Wouldn't you know two day after I booked a non refundable room I see 6 days at Bonnet Creek for the dates we needed for $599>:(

Prices have gone up because Wyndham changed the rules a bit and closed some upgrade loopholes for VIP owners that made the rental game less profitable. Good to help with room availability for Joe and Jane average Wyndham owner, bad for "mega renter" owners who run it as a business, and a price hit for renters.

Prices have gone up because Wyndham changed the rules a bit and closed some upgrade loopholes for VIP owners that made the rental game less profitable. Good to help with room availability for Joe and Jane average Wyndham owner, bad for "mega renter" owners who run it as a business, and a price hit for renters.
When I pay $61 a month for my maintenance fees, I an glad that they're doing something. Personally i would support Wyndham charging a fee to book a room a name other than the owner or a close relative.

When I pay $61 a month for my maintenance fees, I an glad that they're doing something. Personally i would support Wyndham charging a fee to book a room a name other than the owner or a close relative.
Agreed. After renting for a few years we decided to jump in as owners (resale) right after they made this change. I figured it might get harder to get a rental and if the rates were about the same as dues, I might as well be able to control my own reservations. I don't know that it has really become any more difficult to secure a rental reservation, but it definitely has gone up in price.

Yeah I’d say prices are 25% higher than they were 2 years ago or so when the changes happened.

I will say I’d rather pay the increase than purchase the timeshare. Even getting one on the resale market for a dollar, I’d rather not have to deal with Maintenance Fees for eternity. There will come a time when we decide to try another resort so it’s nice not to feel obligated to stay there because I pay yearly maintenance fees...

But on another day, we have a reservation at CRT at 6pm... valet parking at CR and walking... We will need two cars and we have little ones. First, I am afraid we might get hassled at CR gate because we are 2 cars and it is Christmas week.
Hopefully, the park will not have a high capacity closure to day guests. Does a dinner reservation inside MK assure you of park entry if you are staying offsite? I have no idea. I'm sure Disney Dining can answer this if no one here does.

As for parking at CR without a dinner reservation at CR during Christmas week... we tried this once in order to visit the monorail resorts and see the decorations in the afternoon. We were turned away from all 3 resorts (not even to use valet) and directed to the TTC for parking. A little while later, we saw signs that MK was closed to new visitors. So I'd just plan to park at the TTC from the start. Whether you do that or use Lyft/Uber XL to drop off at a monorail resort or Wilderness Lodge to boat over, leave yourself PLENTY of time (2 hours?) to get there so no one is stressed.

Second, how long is the walk from CR to MK? Does it make sense to park at Epcot and monorail there?
Also, heard that MinnieVan is great but is only from Disney property, that hasn't changed has it?
By Google Maps, it's about a half mile on sidewalks from CR lobby to MK gate, and another quarter mile to CRT, about 15-20 minutes altogether with kids. But do allow more time for security check, gate line, maneuvering through the exiting crowds on Main St.

I'd think from WBC, the Epcot parking lot would be much more accessible than TTC - less road traffic and less likely to close due to crowds. It's much closer to WBC as well. But the Epcot monorail loop is 20 minutes one-way, plus the time to transfer to the MK loop and ride the MK monorail, plus the waits for both monorails. However, you won't contend with car traffic near the TTC. So it's probably a reasonable alternative, IMO. Again, plan plenty of time to get there... and time to return to Epcot with tired children for your cars.

I will say I’d rather pay the increase than purchase the timeshare. Even getting one on the resale market for a dollar, I’d rather not have to deal with Maintenance Fees for eternity. There will come a time when we decide to try another resort so it’s nice not to feel obligated to stay there because I pay yearly maintenance fees...
That's reasonable... different strategies suit people and situations differently. For us, owning resale Wyndham points works very well. We don't worry about dealing with MF when we no longer want to timeshare. Wyndham has the Ovation program, where owners with current, paid-up-to-date contracts at desirable resorts may simply return their contract ownership to Wyndham. No more MFs. Also, we use our Wyndham points to reserve vacation stays at many of the dozens of Wyndham resorts around the USA and we don't pay any added fees to do so. We don't own at WBC as a home resort but we've stayed there a number of times too.
That said, owning is not for everyone, and renting is a better option for many. :sunny:

Being new to this board I just want to thank everyone for all the great and helpful information. I found WBC on my own and had concerns after reading a few tripadvisor reviews. Since I found this Bonnet Creek thread, I am reassured that I am making the right choice for our Christmas vacation. This is the first time we are coming to Disney for Christmas as well as the first visit with my little grandkids. I have been following the travel from WBC to parks thread but the main problem is getting to MK. I have one day for the rides/attractions that will be early start-no worries, I hope! But on another day, we have a reservation at CRT at 6pm. I wish it was not that day but it was the only time I could get it. I read about valet parking at CR and walking but have 2 concerns. We will need two cars and we have little ones. First, I am afraid we might get hassled at CR gate because we are 2 cars and it is Christmas week. Second, how long is the walk from CR to MK? Does it make sense to park at Epcot and monorail there?
Our consistent experience is no valet parking at CR (or the others) during Christmas week without a resort reservation. They also have not allowed regular parking without a confirmed CR restaurant reservation-they can check “the list” but I have always had our reservation up on MDE for quick reference. Once we had an item being held at the CR gift shop and they still wouldn’t allow short term parking. They really clamp down during holiday weeks. We had a similar experience at Poly during Easter. So, I wouldn’t plan on that just to make sure you make it.
Minnie Vans are Disney resorts only, no Bonnet Creek resorts.
EPCOT/monorail is probably best if you want to avoid any issues.

That's reasonable... different strategies suit people and situations differently. For us, owning resale Wyndham points works very well. We don't worry about dealing with MF when we no longer want to timeshare. Wyndham has the Ovation program, where owners with current, paid-up-to-date contracts at desirable resorts may simply return their contract ownership to Wyndham. No more MFs. Also, we use our Wyndham points to reserve vacation stays at many of the dozens of Wyndham resorts around the USA and we don't pay any added fees to do so. We don't own at WBC as a home resort but we've stayed there a number of times too.
That said, owning is not for everyone, and renting is a better option for many. :sunny:

Yes, ownership is definitely something to research the snot out of and go in eyes wide open, that's for certain. Definitely not a great fit for everybody. But like Lisa P. for us it made sense. We've been doing Disney for nearly 25 years and don't have plans to stop, in addition we just love to travel. If anything, buying Wyndham resale has made us stray from Disney a bit more - we have plans for Myrtle Beach, Edisto Island, and Hawaii in 2019 with our points.

Agreed. After renting for a few years we decided to jump in as owners (resale) right after they made this change. I figured it might get harder to get a rental and if the rates were about the same as dues, I might as well be able to control my own reservations. I don't know that it has really become any more difficult to secure a rental reservation, but it definitely has gone up in price.

Yeah I’d say prices are 25% higher than they were 2 years ago or so when the changes happened.

Yes, ownership is definitely something to research the snot out of and go in eyes wide open, that's for certain. Definitely not a great fit for everybody. But like Lisa P. for us it made sense. We've been doing Disney for nearly 25 years and don't have plans to stop, in addition we just love to travel. If anything, buying Wyndham resale has made us stray from Disney a bit more - we have plans for Myrtle Beach, Edisto Island, and Hawaii in 2019 with our points.

See if I can figure out this multi quote thing! Thank you for the replies. We will probably end up just paying the extra $300 and know that we have the resort we want. But all this talk has made me think, maybe we do want to consider buying!?:tilt:

Agreeing with others... valet parking at CR without an ADR is not happening during Christmas Week.

This is the first time we are coming to Disney for Christmas as well as the first visit with my little grandkids. I have been following the travel from WBC to parks thread but the main problem is getting to MK. I have one day for the rides/attractions that will be early start-no worries, I hope! But on another day, we have a reservation at CRT at 6pm. I wish it was not that day but it was the only time I could get it. I read about valet parking at CR and walking but have 2 concerns. We will need two cars and we have little ones. First, I am afraid we might get hassled at CR gate because we are 2 cars and it is Christmas week. Second, how long is the walk from CR to MK? Does it make sense to park at Epcot and monorail there?
Obviously you've already got a lot of good opinions here, but I really would not consider parking at Epcot and then taking the monorail. As has been mentioned, you would need to change monorails at the TTC and both of those monorail journeys could require waiting for monorails and standing in the monorail car because the parks will be so busy - not something that's fun as an adult, and not one I would want to do with little guys! Getting there wouldn't faze me as much as the hassle of having to take a multi-leg journey back to the car after dinner and whatever else you might choose to do at MK that night. It's a fairly long monorail ride from the TTC to Epcot and if you're tired it would feel even longer. Personally, I would just park at the TTC if it were me.

Obviously you've already got a lot of good opinions here, but I really would not consider parking at Epcot and then taking the monorail. As has been mentioned, you would need to change monorails at the TTC and both of those monorail journeys could require waiting for monorails and standing in the monorail car because the parks will be so busy - not something that's fun as an adult, and not one I would want to do with little guys! Getting there wouldn't faze me as much as the hassle of having to take a multi-leg journey back to the car after dinner and whatever else you might choose to do at MK that night. It's a fairly long monorail ride from the TTC to Epcot and if you're tired it would feel even longer. Personally, I would just park at the TTC if it were me.

thank you all for your replies. Will think about all of it and let the crew know.

Looking at staying at Bonnet Creek for Spring Break for 6 nights 3/9-3/15. I received a quote through Vacation Strategy. 1 bedroom deluxe was $1,066 and a 2 bedroom was $1472. Do these sound about right. Also debating the two. Would like to save the money but wondering if the sofa bed would be comfortable for the kids. At that time they’ll be 9 and 11.

Looking at staying at Bonnet Creek for Spring Break for 6 nights 3/9-3/15. I received a quote through Vacation Strategy. 1 bedroom deluxe was $1,066 and a 2 bedroom was $1472. Do these sound about right. Also debating the two. Would like to save the money but wondering if the sofa bed would be comfortable for the kids. At that time they’ll be 9 and 11.
I am not sure about the price. We booked WBC 2 mos. before our trip. We paid $671 for 5 nights through Vacation Strategy, and received a free upgrade to a Presidential Suite. I have seen posts on here that seem like they are a bit less from other companies, such as Sky Auction, so I would check around. The rates might be high if that is spring break, although I thought spring break was a week or two later than your dates.

My boys are 12 and 9, and found the pullout sofa to be quite comfortable.

I am not sure about the price. We booked WBC 2 mos. before our trip. We paid $671 for 5 nights through Vacation Strategy, and received a free upgrade to a Presidential Suite. I have seen posts on here that seem like they are a bit less from other companies, such as Sky Auction, so I would check around. The rates might be high if that is spring break, although I thought spring break was a week or two later than your dates.

My boys are 12 and 9, and found the pullout sofa to be quite comfortable.
Thank you! Yes that is the start of Spring Break for us - the 9th is a Saturday. We are in Texas and I think most Texas kids as well as other states have spring break that week. I checked Vacation Upgrades but they say on their site that they only rent the prime season within 2 months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts