The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hmmm. .. Not a bad idea. How much is it for valet parking there?
It’s $33 plus tips. Not everyone will find the upcharge worth it, but it saved us quite a bit of time (and more importantly, hassle).

It’s not something I’d do everyday, but for our one MK day, it was great.

This last trip we had EMM that started at 7:45 (9:00 park open), so we left WBC at 6:45. The parking booths weren't even open yet so we drove through. Around 7:00 we were in one of the first 2 rows of parking right by TTC. Only the resort monorail was running and with security, we arrived at the MK gate at 7:35-ish. So, I'd say give yourself an hour travel time to get to the MK gates.

Do you need to have an ADR scheduled to use the valet parking, or anyone can do it?
If you want it to be a guarantee, make an ADR.

But on most days, you don’t need one. If you’re going during a peak week like Christmas or Easter, you might have trouble. Also, if there is a major convention going on at the CR, the valet lot may fill up. There is a website that lists major Orlando conventions, including those at the Disney resorts.

I valet parked in April this year and I had no trouble at the guard shack. I did say “I might dine at The Wave today”- which I was considering- but the guy didn’t even care about that.

We have stayed at WBC once before but it was a few years back and my boys were much younger. Anyone have preteens/teens that love Bonnet Creek? Anything they specifically enjoy? Is there a basketball court? Certain area of the resort to request for 3 boys, ages 11,13 and 14?

We have a 14 year old DS and have been taking his friend along for the past 3 years. The first year they loved the lazy river pool at building 5 and ping pong (at age 12), the 2nd year they liked the deeper pool at building 4 and throwing around some of those water ball things (age 13). This past year (age 14) they spent the most time playing pool and hanging out in the room staring at their phones :rolleyes:. I think they only swam twice during the week, maybe twice. No basketball court, but my guys wouldn't use one anyway. I think it all just depends on the kids and what their current "thing" is. We usually let them bring an xbox along as well.

We were in building 5 the first 2 years and building 1 this past year. So closer to the pool tables this past year, and I don't know if that proximity had anything to do with their preference or it was just them choosing something different.

While DH and I preferred the calmer feel over in building 1, I think our guys liked the location of building 5 better. We've also been in 6, that lobby is more active than I prefer, but that location is nice too. I think 4, 5 or 6 would be my request.

Don't forget you can also take an Uber/Lyft/taxi to the contemporary as well to use the walking path. We usually splurge on that once a trip for our MK day if we are trying to make it in early. Might be less expensive than valet or preferred parking depending on your party size and what size car you'd need.

We just booked for the last week of Feb 2019 thru RCI. This will be our 3rd time at WBC. 2 families in a 2bedroom, do they offer pack n plays or rollaways??our friends 2littles

I am very interested in staying here in April 2020. I was wondering if anybody know when I could start thinking of booking. I will be coming from the UK so want my holiday organised as soon as possible.

I am very interested in staying here in April 2020. I was wondering if anybody know when I could start thinking of booking. I will be coming from the UK so want my holiday organised as soon as possible.

I'm not sure if you can book that far out yet. You may want to call up Vacation Strategy or Tripbound to find out.

RE: Using Valet at CR....I did have a guard give me grief over it. He eventually let me in, though, and he was the only one. I mentioned it to the Valet folks and they knew who I was talking about and said he was grumpy with everyone.

RE: Using Valet at CR....I did have a guard give me grief over it. He eventually let me in, though, and he was the only one. I mentioned it to the Valet folks and they knew who I was talking about and said he was grumpy with everyone.

Can't you just say you are having breakfast there?

I told him we were eating at the Contempo which we did. I wanted that Chicago Style Italian Beef!

He was just really ornery about it.

Valet people were AWESOME, though.

I bet the hotel manager would not be happy to hear that the gate personnel are giving paying customers a hard time.

What is the best way to reserve WBC nights to extend a SkyAuction trip? I can get a 7 night stay off of SkyAuction, but mfy family needs 9 nights total. Tried searching the thread, but no relevant answer seemed available. Thanks in advance.

-ceburto2

AS the previous poster stated, you cannot just show up, at least not at WBC. You could possibly do it at the hotel building of Wyndham Grand Orlando but it is just a studio room (I believe).

The best thing to do is go to TUG (Timeshare User Group), join, and ask on the boards. You will most likely find Gold or Platinum VIP owners that are more than willing to check availability, book at the massive discount rate, and get you something if there is inventory. The advantage of a PlatVIP owner is they can book inside 60-days for 50% of the points AND get a free room upgrade based on inventory. If you are booking a 2BR Dlx and the only upgrade available is a 4BR Pres, they can book the 4BR Pres at 50% of the points for the 2BR Dlx.
How and where do you find this info...

What is the best way to reserve WBC nights to extend a SkyAuction trip? I can get a 7 night stay off of SkyAuction, but mfy family needs 9 nights total. Tried searching the thread, but no relevant answer seemed available. Thanks in advance.

-ceburto2

You can book a 9-trip, but not from Sky Auction. You would need to find an owner or broker who deals in WBC to book a stay of that length.

You can book units directly from the resort, but they cost a lot more, there are minimum stays, and you may have to move units.

How and where do you find this info...
Since then, there was a change to Wyndham's reservation system. I think most of the information is still valid, but automatic upgrades are not there. You have to do a lot of research, a lot of searching, be patient, and most importantly be flexible. What I mean by be flexible is not only consider WBC, consider other resorts, the week you vacation as well.

To give an example, I was about to bite the bullet for our summer trip on June 16-June 23, pay $800 for a 1BR stay at WBC. There were no deals to be had and the people I look to confirmed there were going to be no deals (100% booked). I kept searching and hoping. I found a rental for June 15-June 22nd. It pulls my stay in a day, but still 7-nights. This was for Reunion Resort, not WBC. It was a 3BR/3BA unit for $550. Money was a little tighter this vacation, so we chose to go there. The $250 price difference covered groceries and adult beverages in the room for the week. We also tripled the space. Accommodations were equal with WBC. Activities were much less, but we were at the parks.

Friends just stayed at Mariott Sabal Palms and it is equally as gorgeous. My recommendation is not to think that WBC is the only option. There are tons more. The location is great, but only saves maybe 5 minutes tops from other resorts.

Has anyone ever booked through VRBO? Is this a good option?
Several times. VRBO is just a listing site for owners or rental agencies. Just check out each listing carefully and see which owner or agency you would be comfortable renting from and has availability. VRBO offers you an added level assurance and protection in the event something goes wrong with the rental agency, although we’ve never had a negative experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter