The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

June '18? Have you checked eBay, Redweek, Vacation Strategy, VRBO, etc...? All are good places to get quotes from. I had been using WinpointVIP for years until the new Wyndham reservation system screwed everything up. Now I use VS for just about all reservations at WBC.

No June 2019. I'm just trying to plan ahead to make sure it's something (the 4 BR) we'd ACTUALLY be able to book. I really would prefer to use VU but I'll take a look at this list as well.

Thank you!

No June 2019. I'm just trying to plan ahead to make sure it's something (the 4 BR) we'd ACTUALLY be able to book. I really would prefer to use VU but I'll take a look at this list as well.

Thank you!

VS let me book a 4BR last December for an upcoming December trip, so at the 12month mark. They said they usually only do 10 months our but because of limited 4bedroom the let me. It’s a non-peak week and the rate I got was spectacular. Comes with full cancellation up to 60 days if anything were to change for us.

I’m in what I think is a renovated 2 bedroom, tower 1. There are USB ports in the plug on the kitchen counter. There are also a couple ports at the base of the lamp in the 2nd bedroom (the b/r with two beds).
Is it possible to request a renovated room? I ordered a power bar with USB ports that allegedly works in US outlets, but I'm worried about it and don't want to buy a block or two if I don't need to.

Is it possible to request a renovated room? I ordered a power bar with USB ports that allegedly works in US outlets, but I'm worried about it and don't want to buy a block or two if I don't need to.

All of the rental companies will tell you "No". They have no control over the room location. However, I have found that if you call the resort a week to two weeks before you check in, if you name has been put onto the reservation then you can request a room.

I did this last year. I waited till 2 weeks before check-in. I called WBC and asked about requesting a room. The 1st person I spoke with said it couldn't be done. Undeterred, I called back 20 minutes later and spoke to a different person. That person allowed me to not only request a tower, but also request the floor we wanted. Upon check-in, we got what we requested.

Your mileage may vary but it's worth a try.

Looking at the activity schedule, has anyone done the trivia or Karaoke at any time? Are they for fun or do people get really serious? Is the trivia for teams?
I really enjoy both, but can be pretty terrible and will likely be alone. If it's a good crowd, could still be fun, but could be disastrous if it's not.
Fun....all fun. For trivia they give you an answer card and ask all the questions and then you turn in your card at the end. You can answer individually or enter as a team. Nobody knows if “Team Awesomeness” is one person or 10. Again, all good fun.
Just an FYI, the activities calendar is good for the entire month. It does not change weekly. If there are special events due to a holiday or special occasion, there is a separate calendar/activity print out that is distributed with the monthly calendar with details.

as per our WBC stay last week ... my2cents

1) there are two Lazy Rivers at WBC the one by the Main Building the *float tubes are Blue*
they are a bit larger than the *yellow float tubes* at the Tower 5 Lazy River and some of the blue tubes appear to be over inflated .. for a adult they give a far better Floating experience (they float a lot better than the yellow tubes) I could sit in it and it floated great again far better than the yellow tubes.

2) Do Not Order the Pizza from La Cocina Pizzeria .. it is available for Delivery to your room from the Tower 3 Pizza joint.
It was maybe the worse pizza I have ever ordered .. mostly because the crust is weird like some kind of frozen concoction with pin holes on the bottom (like a saltine cracker)
I read the wrong yelp Review (because there is more than one La Cocina Restaurant in the USA) oops

3) I will stick with Flippers Pizza Delivered as it is our tradition the first night after check in.

4) No need to get a Parking Pass it is a ploy to get you over to the Timeshare Sharks.
Last year after saying no multiple times to a pair that Double teamed me .. never again.
In the past I just said single and super low income and I was on my way.
If they keep coming at me when I say no we got a problem and that does not make a happy camper on check in day .. so no mas parking pass baloney for me.

5) Your room key activates the traffic arm for entrance at the Security Shack

6) Those darn prohibited pizza flyers were still under our door about every other day.

7) Thermostat By Pass still works
hold the C/F Button until 69 appears it is digital speak for bp (by pass) which enables the AC to run correctly (aka get to the temperature one desires)

8) The Security Office has a Lost and Found .. we called and then went to the Security Office to reunite with the flip flops left at the pool by our little one .. They had a container with about 25 Swim Goggles .. but they did not have ours .. we asked if we could have a pair and they said yes. I do not have the phone number .. call the Front Desk and ask for the Lost and Found extension number.

Last edited:
as per our WBC stay last week ... my2cents

1) there are two Lazy Rivers at WBC the one by the Main Building the *float tubes are Blue*
they are a bit larger than the *yellow float tubes* at the Tower 5 Lazy River and some of the blue tubes appear to be over inflated .. for a adult they give a far better Floating experience (they float a lot better than the yellow tubes) I could sit in it and it floated great again far better than the yellow tubes.

2) Do Not Order the Pizza from La Cocina Pizzeria .. it is available for Delivery to your room from the Tower 3 Pizza joint.
It was the worse pizza I have ever ordered .. mostly because the crust is weird like some kind of frozen concoction with pin holes on the bottom (like a saltine cracker)
I read the wrong yelp Review (because there is more than one La Cocina Restaurant in the USA) oops

3) I will stick with Flippers Pizza Delivered as it is our tradition the first night after check in.

4) No need to get a Parking Pass it is a ploy to get you over to the Timeshare Sharks.
Last year after saying no multiple times to a pair that Double teamed me .. never again.
In the past I just said single and super low income and I was on my way.
If they keep coming at me when I say no we got a problem and that does not make a happy camper on check in day .. so no mas parking pass.

5) Your room key activates the traffic arm at the Security Shack (Entrance and Exit of WBC)

6) Those darn prohibited pizza flyers were still under our door about every other day.

7) Thermostat By Pass still works
hold the C/F Button until 69 appears it is digital speak for bp (by pass) which enables the AC to run correctly (aka get to the temperature one desires)

We need to give Flippers another try as we weren’t very impressed the 1st go around. Maybe we caught them on a bad night. We actually ordered from one of those fliers one time. That was a horrible experience and some terrible pizza. It wasn’t until later I read on here that most of those “businesses” are scams. How are they even allowed to place those fliers under the doors???

I’m glad we still don’t need a parking pass. I haven’t picked one up in a year and Ill continue to not do so. It really makes the check-in process simpler and stress free!

Good to know about the thermostats. I didn’t know that!

How are they even allowed to place those fliers under the doors???

They're not allowed, they just do it. They sneak in somehow (probably pretty easy) and it isn't just WBC, the Disney resorts deal with it too, and all of Orlando, and other touristy areas as well. We've had them in DC at most of the hotels we've stayed at. At best, bad pizza...at worst, a scam to steal credit card information. :headache:

I'm here right now, but leave tomorrow morning. :( We have an unopened gallon jug of chocolate milk, a partial carton of eggs, possibly some red Gatorades (depends on whether my boys drink them by tonight!), and five Fast Passes to Pirates of the Caribbean that don't expire until 4/30/18 (from the Pirate Adventure scavenger hunt game). Is there anyone at WBC now that wants any of those? I am staying in Tower 3 and plan to be on the resort grounds for the rest of the day. You can email me at blaney96@gmail.com. If not, I am willing to mail the fast passes to someone.

I stayed at Wyndham Garden but now I'm curious about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'm mainly interested in transportation questions/responses.

Do they also have buses that go to Every Park every half an hour like the Garden? If they do provide transportation to the parks, do they accommodate scooters?
We always fly in. Does Wyndham Bonnet provide transportation to the resort?

Thank you for your help.

I stayed at Wyndham Garden but now I'm curious about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'm mainly interested in transportation questions/responses.

Do they also have buses that go to Every Park every half an hour like the Garden? If they do provide transportation to the parks, do they accommodate scooters?

Thank you for your help.
I can't answer all your questions but I can answer a few.

They have transportation but it costs $8 per person for a round trip. I am not sure of the timing of the shuttle or whether they accommodate scooters.

They do not provide transportation between the resort and the airport. My kids took Uber to meet us at the resort.

Parking is free at this resort and there is no resort fee.

Ok, I've managed to get a good quote for 12 days for a 2 bedroom. My concern at this point are all the very recent negative reviews on trip advisor about tower 5 as well as customer service etc.. Anyone been recently or a common visitor who can allay my fears?

Ok, I've managed to get a good quote for 12 days for a 2 bedroom. My concern at this point are all the very recent negative reviews on trip advisor about tower 5 as well as customer service etc.. Anyone been recently or a common visitor who can allay my fears?

Trip adviser is a pit of negativity. If you read the thousands of posts in this thread, you'll find a much different story. As for Tower 5 and customer service, WBC is a timeshare resort, not a hotel, and something many trip adviser posters don't understand.

If you are staying in tower 5, its likely won't see a Wyndham employee there at all. There is no daily maid service. There are no common areas in Tower 5, it is just a tower full of large units.

Our experiences at WBC have been excellent. Any property can can have an issue from time to time when you have thousands of guests, but I have not seen anything that would keep me from recommending the resort.

Thank you for your help.

Their transportation sucks to be honest. Times are too far between and costs are high. We have been staying there for 5 years now and have never bothered using them. We drive to all the parks. I’d suggest using Uber or Lyft if you don’t want to drive. The convenience of driving is awesome though. Once you do it, you will never go back to the buses.

We only request tower 5. It has direct access to the pool and lazy river plus a bar is right there. Don’t read Trip advisor, there is nothing wrong with WBC. It’s a condo not a hotel. You get left alone essentially which is nice.

Thanks for the info,

What happens about timeshare sales? Us there a good way to head those off?

Yes... Dont go to the desk, haha. When you check in they will direct you to desks behind you to collect your "parking pass". You don't need the parking pass and that is the sales desk (it sometimes has balloons and stuff. You just don't need to go to any other desk than the check in desk if my description is not clear). Just walk out with your keys and unplug the phone from the phone jack in your room. No problems after doing this probably 10 times over the last few years.

We checked out this morning. We booked through Vacation Strategy this time. We have used booking.com and Farrell's in the past. We book a two bedroom and have gotten upgraded to 3 bedrooms in the past. We thought the chance of an upgrade were slim to none with the new system. Much to our surprise we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom. Two of my sister's and their families checked in the same day, also booking through Vacation Strategy. One sister booked a two bedroom and that is what she got. The other booked a three bedroom and was contacted by Vacation Strategy in advance that they could not get her one and she had to accept a 2 bedroom and that is what she got. I am guessing the resort and not Vacation Strategy gave us our upgrade, but it was a nice surprise. We were in Tower 2 and our unit and another sister had newly refurbished units. They looked brand new. My other sister was in Tower 4 and her unit had not been refurbished. Tower 2 5th floor and higher facing the lake/activity center have EPCOT fireworks views. We also watched the fireworks one night from the 7th floor 4 bedroom presidential unit that they use for timeshare tours. Beautiful unit. Not sure if you need an invite to watch from there.

Just got back from a week long stay and while I loooooove Bonnet Creek the bath towels are just atrocious for such a great resort. Think 1970's Holiday Inn towels. Small and scratchy, the worst towels in the history of drying after a shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter