The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

The quote from VS says it can’t be cancelled or refunded. I haven’t heard back from VU yet. I’m asduming I can get trip insurance. Im ok with not being able to cancel. We already have our plane tickets and our trip is set in stone. I’m just nervous about using a company I’ve never used before and there are a few horror stories online about timeshare rentals going awry.
It can't be cancelled becaue it is so close to check in. :)

The pools are all available to use. There are 2 lazy rivers and 2 pools with water slides. 5 pools plus the hotel pool that you can use. There are 2 toddler area's at 2 of the pools also. There is a lake/pond in the middle of the resort that all of the buildings back up to. There is mini golf and a playground as well as 2 arcades. They also have scheduled activities, some are free, some have a small cost. You will have to provide a credit card at check in for incidentals. It is a $100 hold that gets returned/released upon check out if you don't use it.

It can't be cancelled becaue it is so close to check in. :)

The pools are all available to use. There are 2 lazy rivers and 2 pools with water slides. 5 pools plus the hotel pool that you can use. There are 2 toddler area's at 2 of the pools also. There is a lake/pond in the middle of the resort that all of the buildings back up to. There is mini golf and a playground as well as 2 arcades. They also have scheduled activities, some are free, some have a small cost. You will have to provide a credit card at check in for incidentals. It is a $100 hold that gets returned/released upon check out if you don't use it.

Oh yes, I totally understand why it’s non-refundable. I certainly don’t blame them.

So I watched this video earlier not realizing it said it was Wyndham Grand:
Sounds like that pool area is for both the hotel and the timeshares, right? It looks beautiful but I realized the name and then wasn’t sure about whether I was watching the right thing.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I really appreciate the help. It’s not as straight forward as getting a hotel off Expedia.

The room in the video is the hotel room. The first pool shown is the pool at the Grand but can also be used by the timeshare resort. The other pools and grounds are for the timeshare but can also be used by the hotel guests. I didn't watch the entire video but from what I saw the only thing that was hotel only was the room at the beginning of the video.

The 2 bedroom units are much larger than that hotel room. I'm sure you'll be pleased. You could also bo to tripadvisor and look at the reviews/pictures there. Just make sure you type in Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

anyone there now and can tell us if the tower 5 pool is heated enough to swim? When we wentin May, it was super heated (90),but when we went back in Sept, it was only like 85 and would be cool for 60-70 degree weather. Really hoping our kids get to swim next week.

We were there last week. The pool by towers 4 and 5 is heated, but I don't think it was 90. Probably closer to 80 or 85. We were swimming in 60/70 degree weather.

I think someone posted it, but be aware that the lazy river by tower 5 is closed for a couple weeks while it's being refurbished.

The room in the video is the hotel room. The first pool shown is the pool at the Grand but can also be used by the timeshare resort. The other pools and grounds are for the timeshare but can also be used by the hotel guests. I didn't watch the entire video but from what I saw the only thing that was hotel only was the room at the beginning of the video.

The 2 bedroom units are much larger than that hotel room. I'm sure you'll be pleased. You could also bo to tripadvisor and look at the reviews/pictures there. Just make sure you type in Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Thank you so much. We are going to do it. I really, really appreciate all the tips.

I would only read the last 10-20 pages or so. There are some new Wyndham rules that are affecting the resale (renting) market. If you're within 60 days of travel you are probably safe going with most well known renters (Winpoint/Michael Sullivan, Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, Shelby). If you're more than 60 days out the market has gotten very slim and you might want to really commit to the research prior to considering WBC.

I still find WBC worth any hassle involved and just stayed in a gorgeous renovated 2 bedroom unit about a month ago for a song (about $140 a night compared to many sold out Disney resorts and the Swan/Dolphin clocking in over $300/night including parking). I don't think I would book directly with WBC resort but even if I did I have paid well over $280 per night for just one room on Disney property when WBC gives me the space of 2+ standard hotel rooms.

I hope this thread helps and please feel free to ask any additional questions!

Sorry, another question for you. Are Vacation Upgrades/Strategy guaranteed rate once you’ve paid in full? The price won’t change after that, or is there still a risk?

For VS I assume if I just go click “pay” on the quote and pay the full amount I’m good to go for what they offered? I tried calling them but got no answer. I’m sure they’ll call back but it’s almost the end of the business day.

What is the difference between the Grand Bonnet Creek and just Bonney Creek? I understand the Grand is a hotel while BC is the timeshares, but I can’t tell which property is which? I saw pics and videos of a lazy river and pirate ship and slide. Which place is that? Can you use them both?
They're connected but 1 tower is the hotel, the rest is the timeshares. The timeshare guests can use the hotel pool, not sure if the other way around. The timeshare buildings also have their own pools, I think there are maybe 4 in all? 2 lazy rivers. Biggest difference as far as I know is no housekeeping in the timeshare units. But you get free parking! :) We stayed in the timeshare and had access too all pools, and the one right outside our tower had a lazy river, and we visited the one with the pirate ship slide one day. (Be forewarned, kids must be independent swimmers to use the slide, no flotation devices allowed and no parents can help catch, and the lifeguard was kind of a jerk to us about it! Literally the only even slight complaint we had our entire stay!)

Sorry, another question for you. Are Vacation Upgrades/Strategy guaranteed rate once you’ve paid in full? The price won’t change after that, or is there still a risk?

For VS I assume if I just go click “pay” on the quote and pay the full amount I’m good to go for what they offered? I tried calling them but got no answer. I’m sure they’ll call back but it’s almost the end of the business day.

The price won't change after you've paid :thumbsup2 the only "catch" is paying for parking at the Disney parks and not getting EMH since you're offsite. Far outweighed to me by the beautiful resort grounds and spacious, well appointed condo units at a fraction of the price. I look forward to hearing your review when you get back!

For me downsides were - not making fast passes until 30 days (still got everything i wanted but stalked like a crazy person!), making dining reservations 1 day at a time at 180 days, no EMH, and paying for parking. We loved having a rental car, and truly I'd be tempted to rent one even if we stayed onsite next time. The thought of standing and waiting for a bus after a full day made us almost skip to the car with glee. Can't do dining plan but we spent WAY less than a dining plan would have cost on food.

No catches really! Our price we paid with VU was really all-in, we paid it all upfront but I think they just asked for a deposit at first. For sure rent a car though, bc they have shuttles but they are kind of pricey. I think the only other thing we spent a penny on at the resort was one meal we ate poolside, and a few dollars here and there to tip helpful bellmen.

They're connected but 1 tower is the hotel, the rest is the timeshares. The timeshare guests can use the hotel pool, not sure if the other way around. The timeshare buildings also have their own pools, I think there are maybe 4 in all? 2 lazy rivers. Biggest difference as far as I know is no housekeeping in the timeshare units. But you get free parking! :) We stayed in the timeshare and had access too all pools, and the one right outside our tower had a lazy river, and we visited the one with the pirate ship slide one day. (Be forewarned, kids must be independent swimmers to use the slide, no flotation devices allowed and no parents can help catch, and the lifeguard was kind of a jerk to us about it! Literally the only even slight complaint we had our entire stay!)

It all sounds great. I'm going in January so now I'm praying it'll be warm enough to use that pool. I'm also the type to leave the do not disturb sign on my door so housekeeping doesn't come in. I hate having to put everything away just to go out for a bit when I am on vacation. I just want to come and go as I please and have no problem tidying up myself as needed. I do that anyway.

So, on the slide my daughter can't wear a life jacket? She can go swim on her own, but she's 5 and no 5 year old is really a great swimmer. That's a strange rule to me. Sounds the opposite of safe.

The price won't change after you've paid :thumbsup2 the only "catch" is paying for parking at the Disney parks and not getting EMH since you're offsite. Far outweighed to me by the beautiful resort grounds and spacious, well appointed condo units at a fraction of the price. I look forward to hearing your review when you get back!

I went ahead and booked it last night with Vacation Strategy. I was waiting for a quote from Vacation Upgrades but was worried the availability would disappear. Ultimately, I bit the bullet because I saw VC had their prices and it said the 2 BR deluxe was $1500 for 7 nights and I was quoted $1140 by VS. It wasn't until after I paid that I saw their prices (at the bottom of the page) were much lower when you're inside 60 days. I was on my iPad and just didn't see it unfortunately. So I think VS might end up being $200 more. :( Oh well. My fault. We are still saving money and the room is much better and by comparison to POR, the pool will be much better too. And now I have the flexibility to do things outside of Disney.

For me downsides were - not making fast passes until 30 days (still got everything i wanted but stalked like a crazy person!), making dining reservations 1 day at a time at 180 days, no EMH, and paying for parking. We loved having a rental car, and truly I'd be tempted to rent one even if we stayed onsite next time. The thought of standing and waiting for a bus after a full day made us almost skip to the car with glee. Can't do dining plan but we spent WAY less than a dining plan would have cost on food.

No catches really! Our price we paid with VU was really all-in, we paid it all upfront but I think they just asked for a deposit at first. For sure rent a car though, bc they have shuttles but they are kind of pricey. I think the only other thing we spent a penny on at the resort was one meal we ate poolside, and a few dollars here and there to tip helpful bellmen.

The thought of standing and waiting for a bus is exactly the reason we decided to go off site in the first place. I have fibromyalgia and standing in one spot without being able to move is incredibly difficult for me. The pain is much lower if I can keep moving. The cheaper hotel gave us the money for the rental car.

We actually got really lucky with our fast passes. We originally intended to stay on-site and had POR booked. So I booked our FPs at the 60 day window. Last night I changed our resort reservation to one night at All-Star Music and kept our 8 day park tickets, which kept our fast passes in tact. It was only $88 more for the room and now we can use EMH on the day we check in, when Epcot is open until 11 that night. And I may add a park hopper so we can use EMH at MK the following night. It also includes MagicBands, which I was going to buy anyway, so really that's really only $44 extra.

Additionally, we already had breakfast reservations at Akershus for the day we will be "checking out" which would cost $125. I was able to add one night of the DDP with for $177 more and we will definitely use that $52 on park food during those two days. Plus we get the 3 refillable mugs which we can fill up when we go to resorts for food during the week and keep as souvenirs.

Dollar for dollar we're still saving a little over $100 but now that amount includes a 2 bedroom villa, a car, a couple of meals and snacks we were going to pay for on top of our original amount anyway, and a ton of flexibility. I'm pretty happy with my choice.

Hey, we are booked for WBC Jan 5-12 for our first stay :banana: but are going to end up there a day ahead. Is there any way to extend the stay by 1 day? I am new to the time shares and thought I read somewhere in the thousands of pages of Bonnet Creek that you could when close to the check in date. Can anyone help me figure out if that is true?

Thanks in advance!

I am new to the time shares and thought I read somewhere in the thousands of pages of Bonnet Creek that you could when close to the check in date. Can anyone help me figure out if that is true?

I have not heard of this (in the many pages about WBC)

I would contact the person or company who I have Reserved the January stay with and

ask for the extra day to be added on etc.

Maybe search ebay for a single day.

Last Resort Rent a Day from the actual WBC website ($$$)

Many have stayed in a Hotel when a extra day was added to their vacation.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Getting excited for our first stay here in July. Trying to decide about booking at VS or directly with Wyndham. Are there any differences in a rental vs direct booking?

With AAA discount it is about $200 more so would love to save that as long as there aren't any major drawbacks. Thanks!!

Last edited:
This February will be our third time renting through VS. We've never had a bit of trouble. We love it there!

Hi All,

Getting excited for our first stay here in July. Trying to decide about booking at VS or directly with Wyndham. Are there any differences in a rental vs direct booking?

With AAA discount it is about $200 more so would love to save that as long as there aren't any major drawbacks. Thanks!!
We've happily and successfully rented, what, 4 or 5 times now from both VS and Vacation Upgrades. I think the only difference to you as a renter is familiarity and comfort level going through Wyndham...and you pay extra for that familiarity :)

I just rented through VS for the first time and paid $200 more than VU ended up quoting me. I accidentally missed the spot on VU’s website where it said prices were cheaper within 60 days and assumed they were more expensive. I wrote back to VU after I got their quote and mentioned to them that I wished I’d seen it and they actually wrote me back and reformatted their prices page based on my feedback. Really nice people. Great customer service.

VS boasts a price guarantee, so I contacted them less than 24 Hours after payment to ask about it and got no response. I had to email again a couple days later and still didn’t get a response for a couple days after that. When they did reply it was a really short one liner saying the guarantee only matched with a couple sites. No hello, no sorry for the disappointment, no goodbye, nothing else at all. I at least expected some sort of explanation about how the money goes to the owners right away or something like that. Just the littlest bit of effort. They responded quickly before I paid but not after.

I consider buying from VS before getting my quote from VU my error, not theirs, and I didn’t really expect a refund, just figured I’d ask. But it bothers me that they just ignored my email until I specifically said I would appreciate a reply. Complete lack of customer service and no effort to make a customer feel happy or valued at all. That’s not to say there will be a problem with my booking. I’m sure that will go ok. But next time I will be booking with VU, both for the excellent customer service and the better rates.

Hi All,

Generally it is much cheaper to book Bonnet Creek from a timeshare owner or company that rents reservations, like VS or others. You can also find lots of rentals on ebay, redweek and tugbbs as well. Also, when you book through Wyndham you will also have to pay taxes, further driving up the cost.

There are certain advantages to booking directly. Wyndham will usually have some kind of standard cancellation and refund policy. You can call their reservations center 24/7 for help. It's easy to trust a giant company over booking with someone you may not be familiar with. Of course, you will pay a for this.

There are certain advantages to booking directly. Wyndham will usually have some kind of standard cancellation and refund policy. You can call their reservations center 24/7 for help. It's easy to trust a giant company over booking with someone you may not be familiar with. Of course, you will pay a for this.
Also, don't they offer daily room cleaning if you book directly?

Also, don't they offer daily room cleaning if you book directly?

Thanks BostonEd and Upatoon. Good to know about the tax - I didn't think about that. I'll ask VS about cleaning either daily or what we are responsible for when leaving (rolling up bedding, towels, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter