The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We had to call maintenance because our air conditioning stopped working. They were up to our condo within 30 minutes. We had left our balcony door open last night because I set off the smoke alarms while cooking. They were open for about a hour as we were in and out for the fireworks also. We didn't know there are sensors by the entry door and the balcony door. We kicked the air conditioning off by leaving the door open for that long. We had the door open this morning for cooler air and when they came in, they closed the door firmly, and the air came on. I guess last night we didn't slam the door hard enough to reset the sensor, so lesson learned! IF THE AIR SHUTS OFF --- TRY SLAMMING THE BALCONY DOOR FIRMLY.

Another observation--there is not a ceiling fan in the 2nd bedroom. For circulation we just bought a small fan at Walmart.

Finally getting back onto the boards after our trip. Wow, were we impressed with WBC! We will definitely be returning. I had the opportunity to see one of the newly remodeled 2 Bedroom Deluxe units in Tower 2, and took a good number of photos to share with the group. The lighting is not great, but it still shows how beautiful these units look. They were remodeling Tower 3 during our stay.

What do new and renovated rooms look like? popcorn::

See post on page 176. I posted pictures from my stay 2 weeks ago. This is a 2 bed deluxe in Tower 2.

We had to call maintenance because our air conditioning stopped working. They were up to our condo within 30 minutes. We had left our balcony door open last night because I set off the smoke alarms while cooking. They were open for about a hour as we were in and out for the fireworks also. We didn't know there are sensors by the entry door and the balcony door. We kicked the air conditioning off by leaving the door open for that long. We had the door open this morning for cooler air and when they came in, they closed the door firmly, and the air came on. I guess last night we didn't slam the door hard enough to reset the sensor, so lesson learned! IF THE AIR SHUTS OFF --- TRY SLAMMING THE BALCONY DOOR FIRMLY.

We did the same thing one night, but figured it out before having to call maintenance! There is a note next to the thermostat for future reference.

On the subject of climate control: you can bypass the auto setting on the AC. Press and hold the F/C button on left side of thermostat until it says 6P (stands for BP/bypass) and this puts it in bypass mode. It resets in 24 hours so you will have to do it every day.

We are at BC now. Towers 1 and 2 have been remodeled. They are about to finish Tower 3 and next is the hotel. I am assuming they are making their way around the lake.

Does anyone know if tower 1 has a fireworks view? Last time we stayed I saw that the higher floors of Tower 4 had a great view of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. We were on floor 2 and had zero view, but when we went up to the higher floors it was a great view and you must have been able to see fireworks from there. The renovated rooms are beautiful...just wondering if tower 1 has the fireworks view.

Hi I booked through expedia - which buildings would that be?
It depends on what you booked. Did you book the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek? If so, you are in the hotel at the back. If it is just one of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek rooms, then it can be Tower 1 - Tower 6.

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before --- what do we need to do to the condo before we check out to head home??? We have looked but can't find info. Do we strip the beds etc?

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before --- what do we need to do to the condo before we check out to head home??? We have looked but can't find info. Do we strip the beds etc?

We generally start the dishwasher, put all of the towels into the jacuzzi tub, and tidy up after ourselves. We've never stripped the beds.

Safe travels home!

Our stay here has been great! Kids and grandkids went to the parks and the beach about every day. Hubby and I have been quite content just staying at the resort and lazing by the pool. I had the grandkids yesterday so we went around the lake with the kids trying out each pool, then played a round of mini golf. Hate having to leave tomorrow but we must. It's been a wonderful stay at Bonnet Creek.

We generally start the dishwasher, put all of the towels into the jacuzzi tub, and tidy up after ourselves. We've never stripped the beds.

Safe travels home!
Food in fridge ? Ketchup, mustard, apple juice, possibly beer? Do we leave or throw away?

Food in fridge ? Ketchup, mustard, apple juice, possibly beer? Do we leave or throw away?
We chuck anything that is open, but individually sealed items we leave, along with a note hoping that housekeeping can use and enjoy whatever it is. I kind of use the rule of thumb "would I take this home with me if it was on the freebie table at my office?"

I am hoping to find 2 bedroom unit for specific dates in December. I have contacted owners of a few listings on Airbnb and vrbo (as well as Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades and Farrell) and they have all replied that they don't have availability. I am confused why there are listings for my dates on vrbo and airbnb that aren't actually available. I did find a 1 bedroom available through eBay. Anyway, I am just under the 60 day mark for our check-in date (not intentionally...I just read about the 60 day thing today). Does this mean more units may become available in the next few days or would they already be showing available from cancellations? Or should I jump on the 1 bedroom unit?

I called vacation strategy sometimes calling might get better answers than the automated online checks

I am hoping to find 2 bedroom unit for specific dates in December. I have contacted owners of a few listings on Airbnb and vrbo (as well as Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades and Farrell) and they have all replied that they don't have availability. I am confused why there are listings for my dates on vrbo and airbnb that aren't actually available. I did find a 1 bedroom available through eBay. Anyway, I am just under the 60 day mark for our check-in date (not intentionally...I just read about the 60 day thing today). Does this mean more units may become available in the next few days or would they already be showing available from cancellations? Or should I jump on the 1 bedroom unit?

Some renters book speculative reservations and rent them. You find these on ebay, redweek and tugbbs. Others try to make reservations as they come in, like vacation strategy. On some sites, Some renters will "forget" to remove the reservations they list as available or they are just hoping that they'll be able to book you something.

As for resort availability, it changes all the time of course.

What I have found is that if someone lists a reservation on ebay, it's really there and rentable. If its on redweek or elsewhere, it may not be. You have to find out from the owner.

Sometimes booking a timeshare is super easy, sometimes it can be a pain. The more flexible you are, the easier it is.

Does anyone know if tower 1 has a fireworks view? Last time we stayed I saw that the higher floors of Tower 4 had a great view of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. We were on floor 2 and had zero view, but when we went up to the higher floors it was a great view and you must have been able to see fireworks from there. The renovated rooms are beautiful...just wondering if tower 1 has the fireworks view.

Yes we'd like to know this too, although I think it would based on a guess lol.

Is Tower 1 or 2 the best request for ease of parking. That's our primary need. View isn't critical.

When we stayed in tower 2 we never had a problem finding parking. Building 5 was hard to find parking unless you parked in the garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter