The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Junk food bingo????

Also, I saw somewhere (maybe on this huge thread, but I think another one), someone said WBC is not quite in the same league as Sheraton Vistana. Any truth to that? Looking at the pictures, they seem pretty similar. Thoughts?

Junk food bingo????

Also, I saw somewhere (maybe on this huge thread, but I think another one), someone said WBC is not quite in the same league as Sheraton Vistana. Any truth to that? Looking at the pictures, they seem pretty similar. Thoughts?

I think BC is in a league of its own. I have stayed in a lot of great hotels and resorts but BC is my favourite. 9th trip coming up. Spent a lot of time there and love it. So much going on. Great pools. Fantastic rooms. Best location. I love that it's all based around one lake. Easy to pool hop. Honestly can't say anything bad about it. The price is amazing. I'm from England and would never get something like this for the same price here or in Europe.
The bingo is fun. Usually chocolate bars, not sure what they mean by junk food. Guess we'll find out.

WBC is not quite in the same league as Sheraton Vistana.
Bonnet has a superior location, and much better resort amenities (pools, mini-golf, etc.) Vistana's condos are a bit more plush than Bonnet's "standard" units, and its not quite as densely built. Personally, I prefer Bonnet, as I find the quality of the standard units perfectly acceptable. But, Vistana's starwood roots do shine through in the rooms.

We've stayed at BC & Sheraton Vistana. Both are nice but BC takes the win if you are visiting Disney Parks. So convenient to be so close!

Hi guys! This is technically a "Vacation Strategy" post- but just wondering if anyone has come across this situation.
We booked WBC with VS months ago- before the reservation system changed. We paid out balance last week. All along, including the reminder email to pay the balance, the cancellation policy was worded like this:
"We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss. If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after ******, you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us. Credit from cancelled reservations can NOT be applied to reservations arriving within 20 days of the previously cancelled dates"
Once we paid the balance, the confirmation email we received had this:
"
Deposit Fee & Cancellation Policy:
A booking deposit equal to 20% of reservation total or $150 is due at reservation (whichever is more).

Final Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given."

We have no intentions of cancelling, but I do like knowing what to expect. I have emailed them to clarify and am waiting for a response. Is this just a policy change? Will we qualify under the old policy?
Sorry this is so long!

That's weird because I booked with VS last month and on July 10th, after receiving my $300 deposit, VS sent me a statement which included the language below
"Cancellation Policy:
We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss. If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after 3/4/2018, you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us. Credit from cancelled reservations can NOT be applied to reservations arriving within 20 days of the previously cancelled dates."

What costs extra to do at WBC and what kinds of things are included in your stay as far as activities?

Most activities are included. The only things that have an extra fee are ice cream sundaes, rubbery duckies for the races, fish food for the carp, some of the arts and crafts items, and the arcade games. Pool, ping pong, mini golf, trivia and other activities like that are all included.

Most activities are included. The only things that have an extra fee are ice cream sundaes, rubbery duckies for the races, fish food for the carp, some of the arts and crafts items, and the arcade games. Pool, ping pong, mini golf, trivia and other activities like that are all included.
Thank you so much!

What costs extra to do at WBC and what kinds of things are included in your stay as far as activities?

I highly recommend the live entertainment. They have some great singers around the pool. We also really enjoy the quizzes especially Name that groove and the decades quiz.
They have to fun stuff by the pools for the kids like balloon toss, hula hoops, and other pool games.

Is Vacation Strategy a reputable company? I was going to book a 2 bedroom unit for WBC through them for the first time. Thanks

Another question for this newbie....has anyone used Skyauction to book WBC? If so, any issues? I've ready up on the potential hidden fees, etc. Also curious if anyone purchased the additional cancellation insurance with them, and then had to use it....were they cooperative?

We have a two bedroom booked for 9/8
We will have it two year old grandson with us. I'm thinking I would like to be close to the pools. Any room or building we should request?
Also, our flight doesn't get in until 8, but my daughter lives down there and will be checking us in. What time should I tell her to try to go at?

I'm thinking I would like to be close to the pools. Any room or building we should request?
There is good news, and bad news.

The bad news is that Bonnet Creek does not take location requests in advance for anyone but Gold and higher VIP owners personally staying on their own points. The good news is that the resort is very compact, and there are good pools quite near every single building. You can walk around the whole thing in maybe 10-15 minutes.

Another question for this newbie....has anyone used Skyauction to book WBC? If so, any issues? I've ready up on the potential hidden fees, etc. Also curious if anyone purchased the additional cancellation insurance with them, and then had to use it....were they cooperative?
We used them for our stay in May, no problems. I did get the cancellation insurance but I didn't need to use it. I'm confident it wouldn't of been a problem had I needed to. I've been using skyauction for 10 years and haven't run into a problem yet with them. I always call my place of stay to make sure they have my ressie before I arrive. BC didn't have my ressie until one day before our arrival...talked to skyauction...they don't call them in until then. That always stresses me out a little but I've never had the resort not have my ressie. As long as you are aware of the fee's, you shouldn't have any problems.

There is good news, and bad news.

The bad news is that Bonnet Creek does not take location requests in advance for anyone but Gold and higher VIP owners personally staying on their own points. The good news is that the resort is very compact, and there are good pools quite near every single building. You can walk around the whole thing in maybe 10-15 minutes.

Can she request a certain area at check in?
Anyone know what time she should go try to check in?

Can she request a certain area at check in?
Anyone know what time she should go try to check in?
You can go check in and as early as you want. We checked in at 10, requested tower 5, and got a room in tower 5 by 11.

Depends when you are going and how booked they are that will determine how fast you'll get a room. I've read posts where people go check in at 7 am before going to the parks and come back later and get their room.

We have booked WBC through RCI for two units. The 2 bedroom will have a Friday check-in, and the one bedroom has a Saturday check-in. We would like for them to be both in the same building, at a minimum. Do you think that if both reservations are in the same name, they would allow us to request that they be near one another when we check in on Friday? Or should we check in for the first room, then go down first thing in the morning to make a request for the second room? Do all of the buildings have both one and two bedroom units available?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!