The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Does BC allow amazon orders? Even though we are driving and will be able to probably bring most our grocery with us I just want to know if its possible for some things.

Yes they do. We usually get some dry goods delivered as it's easier the week of departure for me to order soda, water, chips, etc. to be delivered rather than frantically trying to get to the grocery store on top of preparing my work situation for time out of office . Works like a charm - usually it's held at bell services and we just pick it up after checking in.

No disrespect intended I am just really curious to figure out what would you need amazon to deliver that you couldn't bring with you or pickup while you are there since you are driving? I'm not trying to start an argument or debate...just genuinely curious as to what amazon will deliver that can't be picked up while you are there? Example for me, we don't drive, we fly. One year while I was in Walmart I spotted a crockpot on an open box clearance for like $10 so I bought it. We were there for 10 days and used it only 3 or 4 times. But the money it saved us on meals was worth it. I had to leave it there and I am sure a cleaning person "Thanked Me" for my generosity. :rolleyes: :laughing:

With the way logistics are working right now my car will be packed....and I still have to pick a person up at the airport. It will be me and 2 kids in the car with all their gear and mine and what ever I need for that little time before my husband joins. It would be more of a convenience of not having to go back out when we arrive at the resort let alone dragging 2 kids and a grandmother who just got off a plane doesn't sound pleasant to me.

With the way logistics are working right now my car will be packed....and I still have to pick a person up at the airport. It will be me and 2 kids in the car with all their gear and mine and what ever I need for that little time before my husband joins. It would be more of a convenience of not having to go back out when we arrive at the resort let alone dragging 2 kids and a grandmother who just got off a plane doesn't sound pleasant to me.

OMG !! You are filled to capacity for time and will be out of energy, and I completely understand. You want to eliminate the entire shopping trip. I was just wondering if I was missing out on something really!! :laughing: The grocery store where I live allows you to shop online and have it delivered to your home. I have often wanted to try it but I haven't. Sounds like you are going to do that with Amazon for your vacation. I get it. One less thing to do and far less hassle. The convenience is worth it!! Enjoy !!!!! :goodvibes

OMG !! You are filled to capacity for time and will be out of energy, and I completely understand. You want to eliminate the entire shopping trip. I was just wondering if I was missing out on something really!! :laughing: The grocery store where I live allows you to shop online and have it delivered to your home. I have often wanted to try it but I haven't. Sounds like you are going to do that with Amazon for your vacation. I get it. One less thing to do and far less hassle. The convenience is worth it!! Enjoy !!!!! :goodvibes

When we went this past spring we didn't do an amazon/grocery delivery......but after that trip I am thinking no reason to lug down the soda or other things that can be just the same price as brining it with us.

Um ok so a few posts back it sounds like there have been incidents in the pool with let's say leaky or no diapers and puking in the pool. Having never been to WBC yet, do I need to worry about the cleanliness of the pool? Are they generally clean or are there frequent and repeat issues with unclean pools? I don't want us spending our week sick because of swimming in a gross pool. I understand there are normal risks swimming in a pool, but that is different than they are having repeated issues with pool contamination and aren't addressing it. Any feedback?

Um ok so a few posts back it sounds like there have been incidents in the pool with let's say leaky or no diapers and puking in the pool. Having never been to WBC yet, do I need to worry about the cleanliness of the pool? Are they generally clean or are there frequent and repeat issues with unclean pools? I don't want us spending our week sick because of swimming in a gross pool. I understand there are normal risks swimming in a pool, but that is different than they are having repeated issues with pool contamination and aren't addressing it. Any feedback?

I'm with you on this....I was very excited and now I'm a bit nervous

Is Bonnet Creek suffering from more problems that any other Orlando hotel? No. The water is treated. There are are maintenance people all over. There's 6 pools and 2 lazy rivers to choose from.

Like any resort visited by thousands, there's going to be issues with some people doing what some people do. Also, for some reason, people don't usually write about the time they went to the pool and it was perfect.

Rest easy and enjoy the pool.

Could you please tell us the differences in the kitchens at wbc to orange lake? What building did you like at orange lake?
The kitchens are very similar. I am in the 5700 tower (at least that is what I call it) at Orange Lake Resort. The rooms were renovated this year. The appliances are GE, black, and just standard kitchen appliances. The appliances in Tower 5 at WBC are standard as well. The only difference is the stove surface. OLR had the glass top stove and WBC had the coil stove top.

As for dishes/cooking, the only things I see OLR not having that WBC did were plsatic cups and a pizza cutter.

I'm with you on this....I was very excited and now I'm a bit nervous
No it's fine- really!! We were just there at Christmas, and the previous summer. We go at least 2-3 times a year without any problems. And if there are, just let the bartender or security know. I am surprised really because other than the useless guy who is always on his phone by the lazy river (he exchanges towels and sells water toys), everybody is really good. Maintenance is always around in the morning, and in the afternoon security walks through. At least where we usually stay, at the larger pool by the bar ;)

The kitchens are very similar. I am in the 5700 tower (at least that is what I call it) at Orange Lake Resort. The rooms were renovated this year. The appliances are GE, black, and just standard kitchen appliances. The appliances in Tower 5 at WBC are standard as well. The only difference is the stove surface. OLR had the glass top stove and WBC had the coil stove top.

As for dishes/cooking, the only things I see OLR not having that WBC did were plsatic cups and a pizza cutter.
Thank you! I have a stash of things that I am bringing down for the summer, and just wondered what else I should pack. So far I have...extra cutting board, garlic press, non-stick frying pan, plastic serving tray, BBQ set, picnic table cloth, proper cutting knives, tupperware containers, and I think that's about it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Is Bonnet Creek suffering from more problems that any other Orlando hotel? No. The water is treated. There are are maintenance people all over. There's 6 pools and 2 lazy rivers to choose from.

Like any resort visited by thousands, there's going to be issues with some people doing what some people do. Also, for some reason, people don't usually write about the time they went to the pool and it was perfect.

Rest easy and enjoy the pool.

While your post would typically relax me a bit, I can honestly say I did not see one maintenance person or security guard any time we went to the pools or lazy rivers while we were there.
We visited 3 different pools and both lazy rivers. I get that I should report the issues but honestly and it's just my preference. I missed the multitude of lifeguards and staff WDW and US had when we stayed there. On our trip we were there 2.5 weeks and stayed both onsite at WDW and US as well as the week at WBC. I just missed the cleanliness and comfort level I had at the other pools.
Once at Loews RPR they closed the pool for like 5 hours because the chemicals just weren't right. While that stinks for us since that was our pool day, I was happy they kept it closed until they were sure.

In regards to the little toddlers throwing up and relieving (on all levels) themselves in the pools, yes I could report it but the parents shrugged it off and laughed. They should be the people reporting it to security and then removing said child for future incidents.

It really just comes down to the fact that I liked feeling spoiled at true hotels you don't seem to get at timeshares. While I don't regret trying Bonnet Creek, I just don't know if I would go back.
Still had a fabulous few weeks away and that's all that mattered in the long run :)

While your post would typically relax me a bit, I can honestly say I did not see one maintenance person or security guard any time we went to the pools or lazy rivers while we were there.
We visited 3 different pools and both lazy rivers. I get that I should report the issues but honestly and it's just my preference. I missed the multitude of lifeguards and staff WDW and US had when we stayed there. On our trip we were there 2.5 weeks and stayed both onsite at WDW and US as well as the week at WBC. I just missed the cleanliness and comfort level I had at the other pools.
Once at Loews RPR they closed the pool for like 5 hours because the chemicals just weren't right. While that stinks for us since that was our pool day, I was happy they kept it closed until they were sure.

In regards to the little toddlers throwing up and relieving (on all levels) themselves in the pools, yes I could report it but the parents shrugged it off and laughed. They should be the people reporting it to security and then removing said child for future incidents.

It really just comes down to the fact that I liked feeling spoiled at true hotels you don't seem to get at timeshares. While I don't regret trying Bonnet Creek, I just don't know if I would go back.
Still had a fabulous few weeks away and that's all that mattered in the long run :)

I agree that you do miss out on certain amenities when you stay at a timeshare instead of a hotel. But personally I would rather sacrifice the small things in exchange for the big things. I hold the timeshare accountable for providing me a quality vacation just as I would a hotel. Now granted, the timeshares lack lifeguards and visible security staff. However, they do not lack all staff or at least I have never witnessed a lack of staff around. No they do not provide people waiting on your every need, but I will give that up, along with a room with only 2 beds and a bath on any day. But for some, it doesn't really feel like a vacation unless you feel pampered and I understand that. It's definitely not for everyone.

I agree that you do miss out on certain amenities when you stay at a timeshare instead of a hotel. But personally I would rather sacrifice the small things in exchange for the big things. I hold the timeshare accountable for providing me a quality vacation just as I would a hotel. Now granted, the timeshares lack lifeguards and visible security staff. However, they do not lack all staff or at least I have never witnessed a lack of staff around. No they do not provide people waiting on your every need, but I will give that up, along with a room with only 2 beds and a bath on any day. But for some, it doesn't really feel like a vacation unless you feel pampered and I understand that. It's definitely not for everyone.

I agree, there was certainly plenty of WBC staff around, they just seemed to be all behind the counter or doing tours. Only security guards I ever saw were at the gate.
I don't need to be pampered per se, just expected a little more than what we saw. I could just have been naïve about the entire thing.

In my experience, outside the one issue and one family, everything and I mean everything was fine. If you took that family out of WBC, it would have been a perfect trip. OLR is the same. Take away the one incident from the one group and it is perfect.

When we stayed in tower 5 in November/early December there were zero pool problems. Everything was immaculate and the water was so nice and warm! I really think tower 5 is the place to be!

I have a couple questions though. We are rebooking a 2nd stay at Wyndham for Nov/Dec of 2018 (we do Disney every two years) and where last time we used uber for our transportation needs but this time my mom is driving down and will have her car. Parking is free at WBC right? It's only hotel you pay per day?
Also, why does it seem near impossible to get my hands on a 4 bedroom unit at WBC? I've already contacted vacation strategy and put my $100 deposit down so they will try to make that ressie in February but I was just questioning if they have a disproportionate amount of 4brs compared to everything else? My group can survive in a 3br unit but 4 br would afford the space we all crave and in future years offer a perfect fit as families grow.

Finally, is there a dedicated WBC timeshare resale site? How does that work? I don't think we are interested in buying straight from the source as I've heard shady things but I'm always open for resale timeshares!!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah
512 days to go.

I have enough points for a 4 bedroom but can never get one since I own at a different Wyndham property and have to wait until 10 months out to rent. Mega renters that own at WBC can request what they want 13 months out so just buying Wyndham points will not increase your chances of obtaining a 4 bedroom. The majority of WBC in two bedroom condos . Much smaller numbers of one, three & four bedroom condos so much harder to obtain.
When I want a 4 bedroom I rent from vacation upgrades.

When we stayed in tower 5 in November/early December there were zero pool problems. Everything was immaculate and the water was so nice and warm! I really think tower 5 is the place to be!

I have a couple questions though. We are rebooking a 2nd stay at Wyndham for Nov/Dec of 2018 (we do Disney every two years) and where last time we used uber for our transportation needs but this time my mom is driving down and will have her car. Parking is free at WBC right? It's only hotel you pay per day?
Also, why does it seem near impossible to get my hands on a 4 bedroom unit at WBC? I've already contacted vacation strategy and put my $100 deposit down so they will try to make that ressie in February but I was just questioning if they have a disproportionate amount of 4brs compared to everything else? My group can survive in a 3br unit but 4 br would afford the space we all crave and in future years offer a perfect fit as families grow.

Finally, is there a dedicated WBC timeshare resale site? How does that work? I don't think we are interested in buying straight from the source as I've heard shady things but I'm always open for resale timeshares!!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah
512 days to go.
Parking is free at the timeshare side of Bonnet Creek.

It's not hard to book a 4 bedroom, there are 21 on ebay right now. Overall, there aren't nearly as many 4 bedrooms as 2 bedroom units at the resort. Because they are relatively scarce and easy to rent, people scoop them up hoping to flip them on the rental market.

Currently, there is a lot of turmoil in the Wyndham rental market because of changes to the computer system. It will take a while for this to shake out.

The best place to find out about timeshare ownership is at tugbbs.com. There is a forum for Wyndham owners and people can list and sell their timeshares. I would do a lot of research before buying anything. Ebay is probably the most popular place to buy Wyndham timeshare points.

I stayed at Disney's Boardwalk last September and a kid pooped in the pool (I think she was probably about 4). Had no problems at WBC in February. BTW: All Disney did was pull the poop out, and check the chemicals. Once they verified the chemicals were in balance, they let everyone back into the pool.

I stayed at Disney's Boardwalk last September and a kid pooped in the pool (I think she was probably about 4). Had no problems at WBC in February. BTW: All Disney did was pull the poop out, and check the chemicals. Once they verified the chemicals were in balance, they let everyone back into the pool.

I get that it happens everywhere. We were just a little put off that there was literally no one working the pool area to tell and the parents clearly didn't care.
I keep hearing about security and maintenance but we literally did not see one soul that worked at the pool while we were there except once at the towel stand.

I would still give WBC good ratings but it may not be for my family. We loved being in Tower 5 near the lazy river and seeing the fireworks from our balcony but there were a few things that bugged us enough that we may not go back

I have three weeks coming up in May next year, the first two will be vacation (mostly Disney and then maybe some local fare) and the last week, starting on memorial day weekend will be a convention at the Orange County Convention Center. I'm considering staying at Whyndam Bonnet Creek Resort for the entire time. There are five adults and a seventeen year old in my family. I have a few questions: What size suite would fit my family best? What is a reasonable expectation of what I should pay weekly for this stay so I can set my budget? Is it reasonable to think I could keep the room for the whole three weeks? How early should I book because I heard the best prices aren't until a couple months before? Thanks for your replies in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter