The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I have read a little about the "issues" with the new ressie system and the nightmares people are talking about - no room, etc.

Looking for a little advice....

Should I pay more (about double) with Michael at WinpointVip or go with lesser figure and rent through Lisa Bohm? I have a ressie with Michael and about to pay the 2nd half, but he offered for me to look for a cheaper option if I wanted and he would grant a full refund for the 1st half that I have already paid.

If I have understood the situation...people are saying existing ressies that have been made for a while are good....it is the new ones that are having the troubles. I have had my ressie with Michael for a while (since before the new Voyager system was rolled out), so would be jeopardizing my vacay if I switch? I would be saving $800.

It never crossed my mind to think we would have an issue renting at WBC...have done it several times...some times months and months in advance and last summer 3 weeks in advance.

Staying at WBC is the difference maker between an OK vacay and a great one for my parents!! It is a must to stay here for them!!

Thanks for any advice and help!
We just booked a week with Lisa, I am waiting for the guest certificate. We are owners but there was no availability for us. I think we will be ok :)

We arrive tomorrow!!! Excited and unfortunately nervous. We are going to have a great trip. However, I may no longer have a job when we return. We aren't going to let that ruin our trip. We are hoping for a room in Bldg 4 or 5.
Oh no! That's terrible :( But I am sure that you will find something soon :) Best of luck!!

I have been reading on this thread about the changes with Wyndham booking...well those changes have made me rethink Bonnet Creek in the future. Many months ago I booked 8 nights at the end of October for $890 through Vacation Strategy. This was similar to what I paid the exact same week in 2016 with Vacation Strategy Unfortunately, I believe financial issues will require me to push this trip back. I contacted VS to get a quote for 8 nights (Feb 24th- March 4th). The quote came back at $2012!!! The VS staff called me and I questioned this as it does not appear that this is a busy week and far earlier than normal spring break season. He disagreed with me and said that it was spring break season and that Wyndham recently increased their prices. There is absolutely no way I would spend that kind of money for Bonnet Creek. Too bad...we enjoyed our last stay but will look to stay on Disney property or look at renting a vacation home.

Agreed. At $250 a night it is not worth it for my family. Not sure how many will book it at those prices. Will see when 2018 is in full swing what prices are at with places like VS.

I have been reading on this thread about the changes with Wyndham booking...well those changes have made me rethink Bonnet Creek in the future. Many months ago I booked 8 nights at the end of October for $890 through Vacation Strategy. This was similar to what I paid the exact same week in 2016 with Vacation Strategy Unfortunately, I believe financial issues will require me to push this trip back. I contacted VS to get a quote for 8 nights (Feb 24th- March 4th). The quote came back at $2012!!! The VS staff called me and I questioned this as it does not appear that this is a busy week and far earlier than normal spring break season. He disagreed with me and said that it was spring break season and that Wyndham recently increased their prices. There is absolutely no way I would spend that kind of money for Bonnet Creek. Too bad...we enjoyed our last stay but will look to stay on Disney property or look at renting a vacation home.
2/24 to 3/4 falls under Prime Season in 2018.

2/24 to 3/4 falls under Prime Season in 2018.
That is interesting...the sites I was looking at called it regular season. Regardless...$2012 for 8 days seems high. I'll have to see how it all shakes out and what Disney pricing looks like when 2018 dates open.

That is interesting...the sites I was looking at called it regular season. Regardless...$2012 for 8 days seems high. I'll have to see how it all shakes out and what Disney pricing looks like when 2018 dates open.
I was just looking at WBC vs renting DVC for comparison (using a safe, conservative DVC broker- David's in this case). Depending on the date, DVC ranges from double to 6 times the cost of WBC! And now that I've experienced the beautiful 2-BR unit at Bonnet Creek, there's no way I could go back to a regular Disney hotel room :)

But I agree with you, that quote is high.

I am at WBC now. We arrived on Saturday at about 8AM. Check-in was quick, smooth, and no issues. The room was not ready as I expected. The lady at the desk took my request for Tower 5 and said by all means to go grocery shopping. We went, got back at about 10:30, dropped off our groceries with Bell Service, then went to Disney Springs. Room was ready at 12:30 and we were put in Tower 5 room 992. It is a parking lot view but we have a view of Disney Springs. I will post more on trip reports.

Im paying $1100 for a 3 bedroom the last week of January at BC for 5 nights. I booked this with VS before the Wyndham site update. So thats a bit over $200/night in the value season. I could easily see how your quote is higher for a bit busier time.

Plugging your dates into David's DVC calculator (https://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp), the cheapest option is a $1800 studio which doesnt work for a family. All the one bedrooms are all over $3500. I didnt even check regular Disney resorts (non DVC) buts its my expierence they are usually over $300/night if you arent taking part of a "deal" they advertise from time to time.

I guess what im getting at is that BC will still be cheaper than ANY Disney room even with the hike in prices we are seeing at BC.

Just FYI- maybe things have changed since, on May 24th, so less than a month ago, I got a quote for a 1BR deluxe at WBC thru VS for seven nights, $714 for 05/12/18-05/19/18. That's no different than we have paid in the past with VS at WBC.

Last edited:
It can it just might be a little difficult. I have been working with Trip Bound and I was able to score a thurs -friday with them. I think I had taken a already made reservation but it can happen. I was doing that in the first place before this mess of the new rules. It might be harder now but it can happen.
Thanks!

I've read that under the new Wyndham rules, you can book any span and are no longer limited by certain check-in days.
However, right now the Wyndham reservation system appears to be a mess, so only time will tell on how difficult or easy it will be to get your dates.
Thanks!

This year we booked through Farrell's in a two bedroom at $129/night. Last year same size unit and same week through booking.com was $127/night. Next year we are booked through Vacation Strategy for $126/night, again same size unit and the same week. Farrell's quote for next year was $159/night so we kept looking. We did get upgraded to a 3 bedroom this year with Farrell's. With booking.com we did not get an upgrade and I am not expecting an upgrade next year. But, in our experience we are paying about the same three years in a row. We booked next year last week, so after the changes.

Just FYI- maybe things have changed since, on May 24th, so less than a month ago, I got a quote for a 1BR deluxe at WBC thru VS for seven nights, $714 for 05/12/18-05/19/18. That's no different than we have paid in the past with VS at WBC.

I paid $1099 for 8 nights at the beginning of Feb this year through WholesaleHolidayRentals. I got a quote at that time for 7 nights over labor day and was told $999. At the end of May I asked for an updated quote and it was $1499 for the same week. They used the same excuse that Wyndham had just raised their prices. Ended up going through Skyauction for $750.

Last edited:
We are now out of WBC and at Orange Lake. I have to say that the OLR rooms are between the WBC Dlx and Pres units. After just 1 afternoon at OLR, I think it is better, at least activity-wise. Amenity wise, the one thing WBC has over OLR are grills. The grills are a HUGE plus for staying offsite at WBC. The WBC crews cleaned them daily. I just wish the people that used them would clean them when they were done. The wire brushes are right there. The grease is still hot and easily scraped away while hot. But, you get certain people in a place that think the world revolves around them.

We encountered this group at several activities, even ones that there were minor prizes. They were disruptive, disrespectful, and thought that they were owed everything. It was enough to know if they were at an event that it might be better to just leave. At least our encounters with them were near the end of our week. The worst part was their one son who couldn't swim was told to just stand at the steps with no one watching. He threw up his whole dinner into the pool. He was just standing in it, kept throwing up, and wouldn't even make an attempt to throw up out of the pool. The family just told him to stay there and it was WBC's responsibility to clean it up. All while they just sat their trying to win a $2 WBC cup. Everyone had cleared the pool. This kid must have thrown up 5x in it and he is just standing in it in the pool.

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time. But if we saw anyone from this group around, you knew the rest were right behind and it was time to get moving to another area or pool.

We are now out of WBC and at Orange Lake. I have to say that the OLR rooms are between the WBC Dlx and Pres units. After just 1 afternoon at OLR, I think it is better, at least activity-wise. Amenity wise, the one thing WBC has over OLR are grills. The grills are a HUGE plus for staying offsite at WBC. The WBC crews cleaned them daily. I just wish the people that used them would clean them when they were done. The wire brushes are right there. The grease is still hot and easily scraped away while hot. But, you get certain people in a place that think the world revolves around them.

We encountered this group at several activities, even ones that there were minor prizes. They were disruptive, disrespectful, and thought that they were owed everything. It was enough to know if they were at an event that it might be better to just leave. At least our encounters with them were near the end of our week. The worst part was their one son who couldn't swim was told to just stand at the steps with no one watching. He threw up his whole dinner into the pool. He was just standing in it, kept throwing up, and wouldn't even make an attempt to throw up out of the pool. The family just told him to stay there and it was WBC's responsibility to clean it up. All while they just sat their trying to win a $2 WBC cup. Everyone had cleared the pool. This kid must have thrown up 5x in it and he is just standing in it in the pool.

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time. But if we saw anyone from this group around, you knew the rest were right behind and it was time to get moving to another area or pool.
That's disgusting! When we were there last September we had an encounter with someone we have named "drunk grandma". It was about 8pm and we were in the tower 6 pool. There was a family of 6 playing near us. They had two small children in their group, the parents, and the grandparents. They decided it was time to go so they got out of the pool. The grandma was very obviously drunk. The parents decided it was ok for the grandma to try to get the 2 yr old dried off. The grandma was so unsteady she proceeded to fall into the pool taking the 2 year old with her and landing on her! All of the sudden we see grandma floating face down in the water. It was horrifying. The parents thankfully noticed and got the toddler out. They left grandma floating there while they tended to the toddler. After they made sure the toddler was ok they turned grandma on her side and left her floating until she came to. It was a train wreck. I felt so bad for that little girl.

People are just disgusting.

We never timed our trips to the parks from WBC. I completely forgot. I can guarantee you that our vehicle driving is by far better than the buses at resorts, even for MK (except the 3 monorail resorts and possibly FW). DHS is 5 minutes, Epcot about 7-10, AK 10, MK (room to entrance) 25.

That's disgusting! When we were there last September we had an encounter with someone we have named "drunk grandma". It was about 8pm and we were in the tower 6 pool. There was a family of 6 playing near us. They had two small children in their group, the parents, and the grandparents. They decided it was time to go so they got out of the pool. The grandma was very obviously drunk. The parents decided it was ok for the grandma to try to get the 2 yr old dried off. The grandma was so unsteady she proceeded to fall into the pool taking the 2 year old with her and landing on her! All of the sudden we see grandma floating face down in the water. It was horrifying. The parents thankfully noticed and got the toddler out. They left grandma floating there while they tended to the toddler. After they made sure the toddler was ok they turned grandma on her side and left her floating until she came to. It was a train wreck. I felt so bad for that little girl.

People are just disgusting.
So, no one else around helped grandma (drunk or not) out in the pool? It sounds like she may have drowned otherwise.

I have not read all of the new posts concerning WBC in this thread but

I do have a bit of information on the need to have a "Parking Tag"

The paper Parking Pass is not needed to get back into WBC Resort.

The "new" method is a "Room Key" is used to actuate the Guard Gate Arm

A visit to the WBC Timeshare personnel (sharks) is a "waste of time"

My experience on (June 17th) was a aggravating spiel from 2 of the "sharks"

at the same time .. yep I was Double teamed. The "new" Room Key method

is not just a whim. There is a Sign at the Guard Shack with a simple

"Use your Room Key to activate the Gate Arm" for returning guests.

The right lane is for Returning Guests and the Left Lane is for those Checking in.

My info in this post is YMMV

Right now I am using WBC wifi and the connection is bad .. so that is all for now.

My previous use of WBC wifi has been good (not high speed but ok)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter