The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

UPDATE!

Hi guys, sorry to get sidetracked with the concert and all, I was just so excited to go there!

I just started working on my costume last week and when I mean working, I mean cutting out a bunch of fabric circles to emulate the suction cups & bumpy colors on the outside of peach's body. That took some time, but it gave me a chance to work on something I know because I tried to work on cutting the fabric for the body & it just freaked me out. I need to really think about it so I can execute it well. It scares me though because I only have 24 days. BOO.

On the other hand I didn't even mention the fact that my AP expires on the 10th (the second day we are there). I just received an email saying that I would get a 20% discount off my next purchase of select merchandise of $50 or more if I renew online & $20 off my AP(which I think I will do). It also says that I get my choice of card designs for my new AP. I don't really have a lot of money, but I think I might dip into my savings for the time being (waiting tables at this economy isn't really doing so well). I have a Premium AP, but I think I will renew a Deluxe because I can't afford to renew to the Premium. BOO. I'll miss the merch discount.

UPDATE!

Hi guys, sorry to get sidetracked with the concert and all, I was just so excited to go there!

I just started working on my costume last week and when I mean working, I mean cutting out a bunch of fabric circles to emulate the suction cups & bumpy colors on the outside of peach's body. That took some time, but it gave me a chance to work on something I know because I tried to work on cutting the fabric for the body & it just freaked me out. I need to really think about it so I can execute it well. It scares me though because I only have 24 days. BOO.

On the other hand I didn't even mention the fact that my AP expires on the 10th (the second day we are there). I just received an email saying that I would get a 20% discount off my next purchase of select merchandise of $50 or more if I renew online & $20 off my AP(which I think I will do). It also says that I get my choice of card designs for my new AP. I don't really have a lot of money, but I think I might dip into my savings for the time being (waiting tables at this economy isn't really doing so well). I have a Premium AP, but I think I will renew a Deluxe because I can't afford to renew to the Premium. BOO. I'll miss the merch discount.

I got the same e-mail about renewal and the 20% merchandise discount and the $20 off renewing (if I renew before expiration), and I also got two separate things in the mail reminding me about renewal too. Also, I think if I wanted to before 10/2, I could renew and get those same perks as well as choose the monthly payment option, if I read all the verbiage correctly. Did you see that too? I didn't realize they would allow a monthly payment option in addition to the $20 off and the 20% merchandise discount. I hadn't planned on doing the monthly payments. I wanted to use a bunch of my free tickets towards the price to bring the cost of the AP down and just pay the balance at one time, but now I think I may need up needing to hang on to those tickets. So I am considering that option. I don't know if it will be worth it for me, though, so have to weigh it out. I still think it sucks that they raised the PAP price so much, and that they take so darn long to come out with decent AP hotel rates, making it impossible to plan anything.

I got the same e-mail about renewal and the 20% merchandise discount and the $20 off renewing (if I renew before expiration), and I also got two separate things in the mail reminding me about renewal too. Also, I think if I wanted to before 10/2, I could renew and get those same perks as well as choose the monthly payment option, if I read all the verbiage correctly. Did you see that too? I didn't realize they would allow a monthly payment option in addition to the $20 off and the 20% merchandise discount. I hadn't planned on doing the monthly payments. I wanted to use a bunch of my free tickets towards the price to bring the cost of the AP down and just pay the balance at one time, but now I think I may need up needing to hang on to those tickets. So I am considering that option. I don't know if it will be worth it for me, though, so have to weigh it out. I still think it sucks that they raised the PAP price so much, and that they take so darn long to come out with decent AP hotel rates, making it impossible to plan anything.

I don't think they'll offer monthly for me because I'm Nor Cal. Boo!! Its okay though, we'll see how it pans out.

I know, I don't even look at the AP hotel rates because there is cheaper good neighbor hotels. No biggie!

Good news! I went to my uncle & aunt's house today because it was my uncles birthday & I remember that she made a Jasmine costume for one of her son's gfs. So I brought my stuff over there during the family party to see if she could give me any advice on how to tackle my costume. I brought my inspiration picture and discussed it with her and she said "why don't you just leave the stuff here, let me think about it, and I'll work on it." AHH!!!! :worship: YESSSS.

So she is going to help me make the costume! SWEEEET.

Very cool pics from the Killers concert! I haven't seen them live but I can imagine that they'd put on a good show. Too bad they wouldn't let you take your "pro" camera in, but you caught some really great shots anyways :thumbsup2

What a bummer that your AP expires while you are there and that it is so $$$ to keep the premium. At least they're giving some decent discounts for renewing!

Very cool that your aunt has offered to help with your costume :yay: Our fam now has everything in for our costumes except some accessories for the kids and my hat, which is a Barbossa style being custom made by an outfit out of Kansas. I bought a Barbossa-ish costume via a seller on eBay based out of China. They make a lot of cosplay stuff and I was very happy with the quality for the price :)

I'll get some pics up of us in costume on my PTR page once everything comes in :rotfl:

Have a great day and may your customers give you great tips! :goodvibes

What a sweet Auntie.:goodvibes

I know!! She's fantastic :)

Very cool pics from the Killers concert! I haven't seen them live but I can imagine that they'd put on a good show. Too bad they wouldn't let you take your "pro" camera in, but you caught some really great shots anyways :thumbsup2

What a bummer that your AP expires while you are there and that it is so $$$ to keep the premium. At least they're giving some decent discounts for renewing!

Very cool that your aunt has offered to help with your costume :yay: Our fam now has everything in for our costumes except some accessories for the kids and my hat, which is a Barbossa style being custom made by an outfit out of Kansas. I bought a Barbossa-ish costume via a seller on eBay based out of China. They make a lot of cosplay stuff and I was very happy with the quality for the price :)

I'll get some pics up of us in costume on my PTR page once everything comes in :rotfl:

Have a great day and may your customers give you great tips! :goodvibes

Those pictures were taken off of my cousin's point & shoot and it did a fairly decent job :)

Barbossa ?!?!! How amazing is that! !! Wow, that must have cost a good amount of money to get a costume made. How much did you pay for it ?

So a couple of days ago right before I went to sleep, I saw the new commercials that are promoting Halloween Time at Disneyland and oh goodness did it get me super excited. All of the villains were talking to each other and scheming on how to take over the park. Gah! Fantastic!!

One of the main things I'm looking forward to is watching Fantasmic with the new dragon, a.k.a Murphy. One of the reasons why I'm excited about this is Derrik & Heather have NEVER seen it before & the last time my dad watched it, I was in high school!!! Isn't that crazy? So that was at least 5 years ago.

We usually book a character meal and the past 3 times we've eaten at Minnie & Friends because of the character interaction & the fact that by the time we are done, DL officially opens and we're ALREADY in the park. From past trips, when we have done that, we managed to get on A LOT of rides. We did want to try something different like Lilo & Stitch, but because we are getting less time at DL due to MTOTP, it only makes sense to do the same. Plus, my dad has never been there, neither my Uncle Rich. I'm (btw, I'm in class posting this. I always do this and it seems to be the only way to keep me awake this early in the morning having to take notes for an art history class. YAWN).

Those pictures were taken off of my cousin's point & shoot and it did a fairly decent job :)

Barbossa ?!?!! How amazing is that! !! Wow, that must have cost a good amount of money to get a costume made. How much did you pay for it ?

Sure did!

Well, there is a professional seamstress that will make a completely authentic Barbossa costume for right around $750 plus shipping (the coat is $450 alone) - lol

Mine is still adding up very quickly:

costume on e-bay $205 delivered - includes:

1.Outter Coat: made by fine Suede with satin lining
2.Vest : Suede 3.Shirt: 100% Fine Cotton
4.Breeches: 100% Thick Cotton
5.One waist belt
6.Baldric sword belt
7.Sash

barbossa.jpg

barbossa-costume.jpg

Only difference is that the coat is black, which is more Barbossa anyways :woohoo:

$110 for a Barbossa hat
hectorfelt.jpg

$30 for boots
$25 for plastic prop sword, pistol, and a replica of the Barbossa medallion
$20 for "piratey looking rings" purchased at second hand stores
$15 for an extra belt and scarf turned sash

...soooo, just over $400 for the full ensemble. Only worth it because I'll be able to wear it for halloween back home and to a yearly pirate festival ...hehehe.

The whole fam is going as pirates pirate: except my older daughter, who is going to be a Japanese princess :)

Whew! It has been a busy month for me with everything going on in my life and here we are 3 days until we leave for our big trip. I have hit road bumps along the way, but alas, it is still happening, so yay!!!!

Unfortunately my dad could not get Friday off, SO he is going to fly in on Saturday and he's going to meet us at the park, BOO. Oh well.

THis week, I have to finish my costume & my cousin Heather's costume. Do 2 midterms, pack my clothes, do a test run of my makeup, homework, and manage to pay for my new AP because it is going to be expired. BOO.

So far, I've finished one midterm (this morning) which invovled an all nighter, so i'm pretty exhausted right now. OH & i'm in class right now haha. Then I have to go home get my stuff together, and head over to my aunt's house so we can finish my costume. Yay. I need more time. I wish I did have some, but I still can't wait to get to Disneyland. I'm getting my camera and everything ready for the trip, so be prepared for another picture filled TR when I get back !

:woohoo: how exciting 3 days till your next trip, i can't wait to see more of your pics.
Now i've actually been im even more jealous of those going soon, DL was so fantastic and I so wished i lived closer so i could go again and see all the Halloween decorations.

I hope you have a fantastic trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter