The water may be fake, but the wine is real! Mother Daughter 2017 F&W Trip!!! (Updated 5/27!)

Yay for another F&W trip planned! :banana:

Glad you found someone to give you a full glass of wine!

Haha, I am so excited! I swear, sometimes planning the next trip is as fun as the trip itself! This will be our longest food and wine trip too, so maybe this year I will hit my goal of trying something from each booth!

Day 6, Part 8: Seriously, even more food!

After a nice break at the table watching the entertainment and enjoying the assorted cheese and wine, I was ready to try a few more dishes. I had seen something very interested that I just had to try, so made my way out to the Morimoto Asia stand!

Here I picked up the Sepia a la uni carbonara, quail egg, and jamon.

Look how cool this is! Best presentation of the night! Plus the fork that turns into chopsticks? Brilliant!

I was surprised how good it was too, not at all what I was expecting!

Meanwhile, my mom had picked up the gulf shrimp, sea scallops, black mussels, calamari, fish, and white cedar clam dish from Bongo’s Cuban Café.

She really enjoyed this dish.

At this point we were ready to try some desserts, so made our way to those booths! We picked up the dulce de leche crepe with an autumn citrus salad as well as some of the miniature trifles.

While we were enjoying those, our waitress came around with plates of assorted desserts as well!

Also a good view of our new wine glass!

Wow, so much food! At this point the party was winding down, and the servers were coming around with our gift bags. Since my mom and I were still using our wine glasses, our waitress brought us out brand new ones for our gift bag! This year the gift bag had the wine glasses, a ton of tea, and a small box with chocolates.

Overall it was a fun night with a lot of great food! I do think they missed the mark with the WVL this year based on the experience at the start, the hidden wine bar, and even the seating was a bit awkward with the dance floor in the middle of the WVL area. However we did really enjoy ourselves, the entertainment was great and the food was fantastic! We would definitely do it again, just fingers crossed the fix the start of the event next time around!

[QUOTE="VAtink, post: 59056578, member: 47

3164"
Wow! Just read through your Party for the Senses update. I didn't really know anything about this event- I haven't looked into any of the special Food & Wine activities.

It looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your review.

Can't wait to hear what you have in store for your upcoming F&W trip!

What's up with this? Was a soda can being used as a taco holder? Why?

:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!