The walking dead amc #2

The children of the corn story was stupid and strange.

It was strange! But I was on the edge of my seat during an episode finally! It was confusing at first how they kept going back and forth between the times. I also want to know HOW Michonne and Daryl got untied!

It was strange! But I was on the edge of my seat during an episode finally! It was confusing at first how they kept going back and forth between the times. I also want to know HOW Michonne and Daryl got untied!
I didn’t feel that suspense at all. We knew the Alexandria kids would all be ok — because we see them in the present. Same with Michonne and Daryl.

It just felt like a contrived situation to justify Michonne locking the Alexandria gates.

And honestly, I thought it was crazy how long she hesitated to kill any of them when 1) she’s pregnant, 2) one of them already slashed her in the stomach, 3) they’re holding Judith and all of the Alexandria kids.

Felt like they were just trying to come up with something that would seem so horrific — the killing of kids — to justify keeping it secret. But then the circumstances they set up made it the only thing she could do to protect Judith and her unborn child — so... ... not that horrific in context. Even Judith gets that!!

Meh.

I didn’t feel that suspense at all. We knew the Alexandria kids would all be ok — because we see them in the present. Same with Michonne and Daryl.

It just felt like a contrived situation to justify Michonne locking the Alexandria gates.

And honestly, I thought it was crazy how long she hesitated to kill any of them when 1) she’s pregnant, 2) one of them already slashed her in the stomach, 3) they’re holding Judith and all of the Alexandria kids.

Felt like they were just trying to come up with something that would seem so horrific — the killing of kids — to justify keeping it secret. But then the circumstances they set up made it the only thing she could do to protect Judith and her unborn child — so... ... not that horrific in context. Even Judith gets that!!

Meh.

Totally agree with this! I think this ALL. THE. TIME!!

Meh.

I agree it felt contrived. I did feel it was sad to be betrayed by someone in her "old life." I don't remember if something like that has happened before on the show but I could empathize with how comforting it would feel to find someone you trusted before the apocalypse, only to then have them betray you. However, clearly she seemed untrustworthy as soon as she said the rest of the adults became undone or whatever. Plus with the creepy hunting stuff with the girl. Sometimes I can't tell if they want us to guess what's going to happen or if it's supposed to be suspenseful?

I almost felt like it would have been more interesting to have Daryll be the one that was forced to kill the children, but that wouldn't have worked since it wouldn't fit into the Michonne being closed off narrative. I kept thinking about Carol during the whole thing thinking there wouldn't have been any hesitation - everyone would be looking at flowers at that point. I'm not sure Michonne would really have hesitated that much either at that point?

@lovin'fl - first think I thought of was children of the corn too, then it reminded me of the "Hardhome" episode of GoT...

I liked the episode, I think it was interesting they used kids as an army, something that actually goes on in real life in some countries. These countries use kids because they know people will not suspect a child to do something horrific and a lot of adults would have a hard time killing a kid, even if that kid is coming at them. I didn't find it that unbelievable Michonne had a hard time killing them, it's just the way she is. Everyone is different, like someone pointed out Carol probably wouldn't have hesitated, but that's just the way she is.

I didn't find it that unbelievable Michonne had a hard time killing them, it's just the way she is.
That any mother would hesitate to kill to defend her unborn child and daughter from immanent death strikes me as wholly unrealistic. This is a woman who’s already lost children. Nope. Not believable to me.

I was only surprised that it took this long. I think that when Gimple killed Carl, the writing was on the wall for major departures. Idiot.

I miss the days when the core characters were all still around.

I was only surprised that it took this long. I think that when Gimple killed Carl, the writing was on the wall for major departures. Idiot.

I miss the days when the core characters were all still around.

I’m with you. I think Dale was the first character I missed, and there have been many more since. I am also surprised by some of the characters they chose to highlight over the years, ones that just didn’t do it for me.

I’m with you. I think Dale was the first character I missed, and there have been many more since. I am also surprised by some of the characters they chose to highlight over the years, ones that just didn’t do it for me.
Like Darryl, Negan and Tara. Oh, and they're still around. Boo.

I miss Glenn and Abraham the most.

Is Maggie going to come back, has anyone heard? I wonder how her new show is doing.

So irked that it was Tara who signed and Father Pee Pants. Uggghhhhh. Should be Maggie and Rick. Dumb butt show.

Fake Carl is killing me...please let him die. Speaking of....who do we think will die next? Looks like they are going to stick with unknown characters as seen at top of episode.....
so I bet the scene in the comics where several heads are on spikes done by Alpha....I bet they are all dumb people and NOT the biggies like in the comic (The King, Rosita and Dr Carson now Enid). Wish it would be fake Carl and Tara. Or even Daryl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter