The walking dead amc #2

So what did everyone think? I thought it was a pretty good episode. I thought that was smart of Daryl to shoot them in the leg to find the human so then the walkers would eat them. Obviously that Lydia is not really afraid, stupid Henry. Can Carol please show him flowers!

So looks like Rosita is pregnant by Siddique, so I guess her and Gabe is fairly new. Poor Eugene, he's so in love with her lol.

Interesting that Negan decided to go back and why in the world is Judith outside by herself.

I'm watching Talking Dead right now and they mentioned that where Negan got sick after he drank from the stream is the place where he killed Glenn and Abe. I had to rewind it to see, can't believe I didn't realize that. So now they had Negan kneeling there being sick as opposed to standing there after he killed them.

It was pretty good. I liked the bridge scene where Daryl was shooting them in the leg to find the "real" people. When Michonne was looking at that one walker and he grabbed his knife and tried to charge at her was good. I like Negan, I think they are making him likable now. I think it's sweet that he has a fondness for Judith, but she is a little much. Wearing the hat and slinging a gun, always wandering around like a sheriff keeping everyone safe. I don't know, she's cute and everything but it's a little much.

Negan was a murdering rapist. Nothing redeemable about him. Yet show is trying to force it. I almost didnt watch last night. Didnt even remember it was on. Dont care if I watch next week. Cant get behind Carol and Zeke's adopted son...whatever his name is...taking Carl's role. And I suppose Carol and Zeke will be taking Rick and Michonne's role which Michonne had already taken Andrea's role. And no Maggie. I dont care about a bunch of stupid new green characters/actors.

I thought it was good but not great.

I did like the bridge seen but I'm not liking the direction Michonne is moving and the Judith stuff is just plane dumb.

Negan was a murdering rapist. Nothing redeemable about him. Yet show is trying to force it. I almost didnt watch last night. Didnt even remember it was on. Dont care if I watch next week. Cant get behind Carol and Zeke's adopted son...whatever his name is...taking Carl's role. And I suppose Carol and Zeke will be taking Rick and Michonne's role which Michonne had already taken Andrea's role. And no Maggie. I dont care about a bunch of stupid new green characters/actors.

I feel like they have too many characters. I get confused at who is who. There was one guy in a circle when they were all talking and I had no idea who he was but he seemed like a major character. It happened a couple of times. Add in the time jumps and it gets frustrating. Then you don't see certain characters for weeks and it's like, "what ever happened to so-and-so? Is he still on the show?"

I think this show should just be viewed as a soap opera now. Through that lens, it can still be entertaining. We just need to lower our expectations and not compare to earlier seasons. Through that lens, I can enjoy the Negan and Judith stuff. Nothing can make me enjoy Henry's stupidity, but there are limits. ;)

Even suspending disbelief as one needs to with a zombie show, wholly unbelievable and ridiculous things happen as a regular matter of course now. They long ago lost the sense of "this is how real people might act in these extraordinary circumstances". That was what made the early seasons incredible, IMO. There are too many examples to list now of ludicrous behavior.

And as a side issue, it is impossible for me to care less than I do about yet another apocalypse baby, least of all Rosita's.

I think this show should just be viewed as a soap opera now. Through that lens, it can still be entertaining. We just need to lower our expectations and not compare to earlier seasons. Through that lens, I can enjoy the Negan and Judith stuff. Nothing can make me enjoy Henry's stupidity, but there are limits. ;)

Even suspending disbelief as one needs to with a zombie show, wholly unbelievable and ridiculous things happen as a regular matter of course now. They long ago lost the sense of "this is how real people might act in these extraordinary circumstances". That was what made the early seasons incredible, IMO. There are too many examples to list now of ludicrous behavior.

And as a side issue, it is impossible for me to care less than I do about yet another apocalypse baby, least of all Rosita's.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Lower expectations and take it for what it has turned into.

I agree about the apocalypse baby, Im kind of over it. It was interesting when it was Laurie because it was like, "OMG she is pregnant?? In an apocalypse??? How will she survive??" Then add in that it could be Shanes and it was interesting. Now, not so much. It's like they are all pairing up and dating and it's like a soap opera.

Wasn't it Siddiq Negan was hinting to Gabe Rosita was fooling around it. I guess he was telling the truth. Well, somewhat the truth, Negan probably overheard they had a thing before Gabe but Negan made it sound like they were fooling around behind Gabe's back, which of course led to Gabe storming out of there and not locking the door properly:rolleyes2. I wonder how far along Rosita is. I have to imagine in an apocalypse a woman's cycle isn't very regular, she could be as much as 3 months pregnant already.

I don't see this as an apocalypse baby at all. There would be no reason to think at this point people wouldn't be trying to resume a more normal life. I think last night they mentioned that it had been 6 years since Rick disappeared so dealing with walker is not a new thing like it was when Lori was pregnant.

I don't see this as an apocalypse baby at all. There would be no reason to think at this point people wouldn't be trying to resume a more normal life. I think last night they mentioned that it had been 6 years since Rick disappeared so dealing with walker is not a new thing like it was when Lori was pregnant.
Do you find the "Rosita-Siddiq-Gabriel (with Eugene pining) + *gasp* Rosita is pregnant" story to be interesting? "Apocalypse baby" or not, this couldn't be of less interest to me. And officially finishes the conversion of this show into a soap opera, IMO.

Yes, when Lori was pregnant it was all so new. They were figuring things out, running scared. It was exciting and shocking. Now, after so many years and seasons and babies, it's just like, "meh someones pregnant." That was the whole point about now seeing the show differently, like a soap opera now. It's a natural progression as they are used to fighting walkers, they have set up safe communities, they have doctors, they have experience with these things. Its just not terribly interesting/shocking anymore, it's more of a storyline or "day in the life" type thing.

Do you find the "Rosita-Siddiq-Gabriel (with Eugene pining) + *gasp* Rosita is pregnant" story to be interesting? "Apocalypse baby" or not, this couldn't be of less interest to me. And officially finishes the conversion of this show into a soap opera, IMO.

It wasn't shocking to me. The show is about people trying to restart society, it should shock anyone that characters would get pregnant.

As for the soap opera comment, many drama shows are essentially a form of a soap opera so why would this one be any different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!