The Waiting Game... anyone else playing?

The debate I am having with myself is if they do buy this contract I’m waiting on, do I try again? I’m not sure I want to now.

The debate I am having with myself is if they do buy this contract I’m waiting on, do I try again? I’m not sure I want to now.

Same. I am thinking I may try one more, but the longer they take to make a decision on this one the less likely I feel like doing it again...

Yes, same here. I made my first offer for a resale prior to the announcement, VGF, 150 points, good price. It was taken last week, on the 29th day of ROFR. :scared: Found another I liked, although not my thought to be preferred UY. Just went to Disney yesterday, so have everything crossed. Everything I can find says that VGF aren't a huge buy-back for Disney but guess not in my case. I have everything crossed- would be a great Valentine's gift. I've pondered this for years.

Yes, same here. I made my first offer for a resale prior to the announcement, VGF, 150 points, good price. It was taken last week, on the 29th day of ROFR. :scared: Found another I liked, although not my thought to be preferred UY. Just went to Disney yesterday, so have everything crossed. Everything I can find says that VGF aren't a huge buy-back for Disney but guess not in my case. I have everything crossed- would be a great Valentine's gift. I've pondered this for years.

Sorry to hear you lost your VGF contract! VGF is a fabulous resort! If you don't mind me asking...what price was the 150 point contract going for? You're right...Disney doesn't exercise ROFR too much at VGF. Good luck! I hope you get a chance at another VGF contract soon!

Add me to the list of waiters now. We literally closed on our first purchase (130 at SS) a couple weeks ago. And just submitted an offer for 160 at SS today (which was accepted). Now just waiting for the paperwork to get over to Disney to wait for ROFR...

There is supposedly a very very long (closed) waitlist for VGF. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have been grabbing VGF contracts with anticipation of the price hike and resale restrictions. Nice dime to be made for a very in demand resort.

We’ve been in the ROFR game since 12/7 on a small BC contract. I’ve called and emailed our broker twice, but still no word from Disney. I guess all we can do is wait it out. :worship:

We’ve been in the ROFR game since 12/7 on a small BC contract. I’ve called and emailed our broker twice, but still no word from Disney. I guess all we can do is wait it out. :worship:

Wow. I thought I was waiting a long time since 12/14. That is ridiculous.

I would think you would have heard something by now.

One would think.. but still no word. There were quite a few that passed yesterday but we weren’t on that list. Either there is an issue with the contract or it didn’t go to Disney on 12/7 like the broker said. If it’s meant to be ours it will be, if not try try again.

Wow! This is a long ROFR.. good luck!
I know Disney normally gives an answer around 30days

Now I’m wondering, legally how long can they take??:confused3

This last week has been such a Whirlwind. My husband and I had been in talks about buying another contract for a couple months. :teacher:Going back and forth are where and how many points.
Not our 1st time buying resale, We were in no rush:coffee:
Then BOOM DVC drops the news about the big changes coming to resale. :scared1:We quickly found a contract, negotiated with seller, get everything signed and sent off to Disney.. and now...…. we wait..:rolleyes1

What does everyone do to pass the time??
I don't remember being this anxious last time.. :scared:

Good luck! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter