The Void

We went yesterday, arrived 20 min before our scheduled time but they took us in right away because they were super empty and the employees seemed a little bored. We were a group of 4, so all went together. There was a guy by himself waiting and an employee went through with him rather than make him wait for more people.

We did book ahead of time about a month out just to make sure we got the time we wanted, but clearly that wasn’t necessary. If we were a big group it probably would have been more important since they can only have so many people going through at one time.

Question: For people who area very familiar with VR (we have headsets at home), is this worth it? Or is it the "wow" factor for people who haven't done VR yet?

I can’t wait to do this in April! We were supposed to do it last April but ran out of time but this time I have a whole day dedicated to DS. I’m definitely going to book ahead because it will be during the week leading up to Easter which is also April school vacation for New England. Does anyone know how far ahead they open up the booking?
They are already scheduling for April. I'm waiting for May, if anyone knows when the schedule typically comes out please let me know!

We went in September, so a pretty slow time, but we walked up and got right in, with no appointment.

Question: For people who area very familiar with VR (we have headsets at home), is this worth it? Or is it the "wow" factor for people who haven't done VR yet?
My husband has a VR headset at home (not a super fancy one, but VR nonetheless) and he absolutely loved the Void! It’s more than a home VR can do because it is set up with walls and doors and seats and things that you physically interact with. There is also heat and smells that are a part of the entire experience. The vest reacts when you are hit by blasters, so that was really cool. We were pretty close to doing it a second time in a row, but couldn’t justify the cost (there were 4 of us).

Basically, yes it is that cool and not just for people who haven’t done VR.

We did the Star Wars version in September, booked the same day. It was just DH and I so we expected to be with another group but we went in just the two of us.

We have a couple of VR headsets at home and The Void was a completely different experience - I was amazed by how immersive it was.

Just wondering how do you book it.

Never mind, I asked this question before looking at the MDE site. I see you can book through there.

Last edited:
We had a reservation last July and still waited nearly an hour. So I guess it just depends on crowds at the time how long you wait...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter