The Void: Star Wars VR

We are thinking of scheduling this for the day we get back from our cruise. It’s our only day as we fly home that night. It’s hard to pick a time this soon for April but I’m afraid it will sell out. Is that a possibility? And what is the policy for rescheduling? Can I change times as it gets closer and our plans for that day firm up as long as there is availability?

There are still tickets available for tomorrow night, if that helps. They only have booking open through April right now.

Trying to avoid too many spoilers - is this a game scenario or just an experience? I'd be doing this on my own so I'd definitely be added to another party. if its a game I want to make sure if I'm terrible at it I don't ruin it for anyone else

Trying to avoid too many spoilers - is this a game scenario or just an experience? I'd be doing this on my own so I'd definitely be added to another party. if its a game I want to make sure if I'm terrible at it I don't ruin it for anyone else

It's kind of a game in some parts, but I don't think it's possible to "lose" - I was terrible at it and my party still finished.

It's an interactive experience. :)

That said, you could probably stand there and still enjoy it, but it's really fun to get into it!

It's an interactive experience. :)

That said, you could probably stand there and still enjoy it, but it's really fun to get into it!

Oh I'll definitely get into it! But that doesn't mean I'll be good at it. Thanks for the info!

For Pooh-sized folks worried about this experience:

DH and I were looking at pics of the experience and reviews, and DH was worried he wouldn't be able to enjoy the experience because he might not fit into the haptic vest and other gear. I emailed The Void, and here is their response:

"He'll be fine. We have buckles (extenders) and straps on the side and by the waist. The reason it looks so tiny in pictures is because it's after guests have tightened everything. Come and jump inside the Star Wars universe together!"

I thought other folks might be reassured that the vests can fit just about everyone! :) For reference, I had let them know that DH is 6'5" and 4X.

I wanted to follow up and say I did this experience it was so amazing we were sad we couldn’t fit it in a second time! I mirror what people are saying about it being safe for Pooh size. I smushed my generous sized chest in and buckled but my waist buckle was about half an inch too short. A cast member there came over held out a strap to me and buckled it into my original strap then helped me cinch it down properly so my vest didn’t move. That strap could have easily extended up to 5-6 more inches. For reference for anyone. I am 5’6”. I wear a size 3 at torrid (3x). I fit on all “problem” Disney rides except pandora (I got a maybe in the test seat and we decided not to wait in line) other wise seven dwarfs mine train, primeval whirl, space mountain, the theater style seats.... all no problem.

Any major drawbacks to doing this solo (no pun intended)? I know you get paired with others to make a group of 4. Just want to make sure it won’t be weird doing this by myself. Thanks!

Did it in January and absolutely loved it all. It had totally slipped my mind to book a time before our trip, so we ended up walking in mid-afternoon. There was a line of people waiting to get reservations, but we just went over to one of the self-service booking stations, and grabbed open slots that were 15 minutes away. By the time our group of 4 had completed registration, it was time to check in. The experience was awesome, and it was definitely a highlight of our entire trip.

Has anyone who has motion sickness issues done this? Disney Quest was a big no for me.

Has anyone who has motion sickness issues done this? Disney Quest was a big no for me.

As a VR enthusiast with similar gear at home to what the Void uses, and fond memories of the DQ VR headsets and how, well, awful they were, I can tell you the current gen tech is hugely better. Leaps, bounds and cartwheels better. The only time it tends to be a problem now is if you're playing a game where your character moves a lot when your physical person doesn't. Even that only affects some people, and it passes with a little acclimation.

Matt

As a VR enthusiast with similar gear at home to what the Void uses, and fond memories of the DQ VR headsets and how, well, awful they were, I can tell you the current gen tech is hugely better. Leaps, bounds and cartwheels better. The only time it tends to be a problem now is if you're playing a game where your character moves a lot when your physical person doesn't. Even that only affects some people, and it passes with a little acclimation.

Matt
Thank you!!

Any major drawbacks to doing this solo (no pun intended)? I know you get paired with others to make a group of 4. Just want to make sure it won’t be weird doing this by myself. Thanks!

I don't think so - DH and I were with another couple but everyone had a good sense of humor about it. It's fun, and it's not so intense that you'd feel rushed through it. I would do it solo!

I have mild motion sickness issues, and the Carpet Ride simulator at Disney Quest was one of the worst for me. I had to keep my eyes closed for most of it.

But absolutely no motion sickness issues at all with Secrets of the Empire. Did it last week with two 13-year-olds and two 10-year-olds, and they all loved it. I wasn't planning to do it, but they had to have an adult with them, so I got to experience it also, and glad I did.

There was only one sequence of simulated movement, and it was very slow and level (though higher than at ground level).

I don't think so. We are a family of 3 and we were paired with a gentleman from Argentina. Even with the language barrier (limited English on his part, limited Spanish on ours) we all blasted our way through the experience, laughed, high-fived and had a great time!

We will be at WDW in Oct. My 2 sons (they are adults) want to do this. My DH is thinking about also doing it but he gets motion sickness sometimes. He takes a dramamine when riding the bigger rides just in case it effects him. For anyone who has done this and felt sick while doing it can you just take the glasses off and move to the side of the room and wait for the others to finish? He would feel sick while experiencing the Aladdin magic carpet ride at DQ years ago. I have heard that the virtual reality technology has come a long way since then.

Thanks for any help.

We will be at WDW in Oct. My 2 sons (they are adults) want to do this. My DH is thinking about also doing it but he gets motion sickness sometimes. He takes a dramamine when riding the bigger rides just in case it effects him. For anyone who has done this and felt sick while doing it can you just take the glasses off and move to the side of the room and wait for the others to finish? He would feel sick while experiencing the Aladdin magic carpet ride at DQ years ago. I have heard that the virtual reality technology has come a long way since then.

Thanks for any help.
I will be there next week with a person who also gets motion sickness on most rides. I will let you know how it goes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter