The Villas at the Grand Floridian - bathrooms?

sjaz22

Own at BLT
I just called Member Services and found out that the 1 bedroom villas at the new Grand Floridian DVC only has one bathroom. Why would they do that? The reason we stay at BLT and AKL Kidani is for the second bathroom in a one bedroom villa. For the amount of points they are charging for this new property, I can't believe they did this.

I just called Member Services and found out that the 1 bedroom villas at the new Grand Floridian DVC only has one bathroom. Why would they do that? The reason we stay at BLT and AKL Kidani is for the second bathroom in a one bedroom villa. For the amount of points they are charging for this new property, I can't believe they did this.

Space, it is a small resort and bathrooms cost money and take up space.

:earsboy: Bill

Understood, but then the premium number of points they are charging for this resort over BLT is ridiculous in my opinion.

I understand your frustration, but if there is demand for these rooms, with one bathroom and at the point levels they are charging, then it isn't exactly ridiculous -- makes good business sense for them. There are plenty of people who don't care that much about the second bathroom in a one-bedroom -- especially people who stay in one-bedrooms with just two or three people.

I've toured the model and they are fabulous. Its not a typical 1 bath. The way that it is set up its almost 2 bathrooms that connect. Tons of counter space and would be easy for a family of four to get ready. Heck the whole family could fit in the shower together!

And yet they did 2 showers for the studio.

Poor design choice IMO and makes the 1BR a little less "Grand". Even though it looks great it's still less room facilities. I'm doubtful that I'd ever care to shower with 5 other people.

I've toured the model and they are fabulous. Its not a typical 1 bath. The way that it is set up its almost 2 bathrooms that connect. Tons of counter space and would be easy for a family of four to get ready. Heck the whole family could fit in the shower together!

I agree....The bathroom of the 1-bedroom is nothing short of fabulous!

The Shower is huge....room for 6. The layout works very well.

I really like the shower stall in the studio!

I love the layout of VGF! It is point expensive enough, I won't be inviting friends, it's for me & DH.:goodvibes

I really like the shower stall in the studio!

I love the layout of VGF! It is point expensive enough, I won't be inviting friends, it's for me & DH.:goodvibes

The shower stall at VGF will have me staying in a studio again. One of the reasons we always book 1-bedroom unit is so I can can a walk-in shower.

Plus, having the room divider from the shower and the toilet is a win-win.

I agree, OP. The lack of a 2nd bathroom in a 1 bedroom and the inability to walk to MK are deal killers for us. I will be booking BLT if I want to be near MK. Well, maybe once I will try VGF just to say I've stayed there.

I have a feeling one of the reasons for the single bathroom is that they don't want these rooms filled with too many people. It seems to be a more deluxe room meant for special occasions for two people. But the bathroom's certainly big enough that those two people would not feel cramped at all.

I of course am normally the exact opposite. If I haven't crammed the maximum number of people in a room, I don't fell I'm getting my money's worth. But I may want to stay here for my anniversary - with just the two of us.

I haven't seen the models but from photos the split bathroom in a one bedroom reminds me of the layout at Aulani. Much prefer that to BLT for our family.

I loved having the three baths in a 2 bdrm when staying at BLT a few years ago when the our three adult children and then 8 year old grandson were with us, and since then the two baths at both AKV and VGC in a 1 bdrm, with our youngest son and our grandson. We are aware that the 1 bdrm at VGF do only have 1 bath and we will book accordingly....if we know we are traveling with others...we will book one of the resorts that have the 2 or 3 baths...if it's just the two of us and there is availability at VGF..we'll book there or one of the other resorts that only have 1 bath in the 1 bdrms. That's the beauty of DVC.......you do have choices.....

I have a feeling one of the reasons for the single bathroom is that they don't want these rooms filled with too many people. It seems to be a more deluxe room meant for special occasions for two people. But the bathroom's certainly big enough that those two people would not feel cramped at all.

I of course am normally the exact opposite. If I haven't crammed the maximum number of people in a room, I don't fell I'm getting my money's worth. But I may want to stay here for my anniversary - with just the two of us.

I don't think that was the reason simply because they added the sleeper bed to the studio and a shower there to make the occupancy the same as a 1BR. So they increased the occupancy for this resort.

I don't think that was the reason simply because they added the sleeper bed to the studio and a shower there to make the occupancy the same as a 1BR. So they increased the occupancy for this resort.

That's certainly true.

But the fact that many people are unhappy with the single bathroom, and the fact that this subject is a common topic on these boards, would seem to suggest that it is an important consideration when choosing a room. Disney is undoubtedly aware that many larger families often choose BLT or Kidani because of the second bath. The lack thereof at VGF may well steer them away.

Most people do not frequent these boards and would see only that VGF has only one bath. Many of them with large families might be turned off by this and decide to choose another resort. A common choice for big families - a 2BR at BLT - three bathrooms, and right next to MK, the top destination for families.

I have no inside info regarding all of this, it was simply speculation on my part as to why Disney would drop the separate second bath in their flagship resort.

I could also be completely wrong.

So when I look at the studio layout it shows a separate shower and then a bathroom with a stall and a bathtub, is this correct??

princessvacg said:
So when I look at the studio layout it shows a separate shower and then a bathroom with a stall and a bathtub, is this correct??

If I remember correctly, yes.

The bathroom setup of the 1br is the only negative we took away from the tour (we did add on). I think they used/wasted space with the walk in closet and size of the shower. The guide tried selling the tub as a 2nd bath, but we weren't buying that line. I do think those parts I took as negatives do sell as more" luxury" though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter