The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Hey y'all - have any of you been successful in getting a late check out or paying the charge for 3pm check out?
We have a red eye and when I called they told me those options, but I wouldn't be confirmed until the day before/. 2 weeks from today we'll be on out way...so excited.

Hey y'all - have any of you been successful in getting a late check out or paying the charge for 3pm check out?
We have a red eye and when I called they told me those options, but I wouldn't be confirmed until the day before/. 2 weeks from today we'll be on out way...so excited.
We have asked several times for late check-out and were always told that they can't do that with the DVC rooms.

I’d be surprised if they gave a villa stay a late check out. Those puppies are booked 100% of the time and if you don’t leave till 3, it seems unlikely they could have it ready by 4 for the next people. I’d plan on checking your luggage with bell services and having a fun last day in the parks or at the pool. Maybe you’ll get lucky though...

Hard for me to fathom that All of Cali fits on Disney World. And the Monorail is a ride not a mode of transportation. Have any of you DVC people done the Soarin behind the scenes tour ? Or the bowling / dinner at Splitville?
The monorail station might be like 30 steps closer than the front of park from the DTD entrance, so totally take it for fun if you want! The views are pretty cool, especially going into the park. If you don’t have Hoppers though, make sure you only ride on a Disneyland day, your ticket is scanned before boarding.

It is kinda “far” from the DVC rooms to the DTD entrance, like two opposite sides of the resort, but not at all far. It’s maybe a 3-5 minute walk through the hotel, 5-7 with a toddler!

YES! Well, sort of... Over MemorialDay Weekend my (teenage) son got pretty sick and he did not want to leave the room. We had a 6 PM flight so I asked if there were any options for my son to rest comfortably until we needed to leave for the airport.
We were offered an "EXTEND THE MAGIC" package for $99 plus tax. We were issued keys to a standard guest room located down the hall from our 2 BR Villa. It was a huge help!

YES! Well, sort of... Over MemorialDay Weekend my (teenage) son got pretty sick and he did not want to leave the room. We had a 6 PM flight so I asked if there were any options for my son to rest comfortably until we needed to leave for the airport.
We were offered an "EXTEND THE MAGIC" package for $99 plus tax. We were issued keys to a standard guest room located down the hall from our 2 BR Villa. It was a huge help!

They won’t let you stay past checkout in DVC rooms booked on points. You may want to look into what the PP said about the “extend the magic” package.

Has anyone had any luck with the DVC member check in desk? It was just opening when we were there in February but I never saw a CM manning it during the four days we were there.

Has anyone had any luck with the DVC member check in desk? It was just opening when we were there in February but I never saw a CM manning it during the four days we were there.
We were just there in August and were sent to the main check in area as usual.

We stayed there twice recently, beginning of June and late July. Neither one of those times was there anyone dedicated to checking in DVC members. When I saw the long check-in line, I was slightly annoyed but it went pretty quickly because they have cast members come up to you while in line and do a pre check-in of sorts from an iPad. The cast members were so incredibly welcoming and cheerful that it made the perceived long wait a pleasant experience.

We are a family of 5 staying in a Villa in November. Two of my children are infants and will share a crib. We will have a friend stay with us 1 night as well since we will have bed space. Is there any negative to leaving one of the infants off the list of people staying and instead putting the friend staying one night with us so they can enjoy EMH with us. Trying to decide what we want to do. Thanks

We are a family of 5 staying in a Villa in November. Two of my children are infants and will share a crib. We will have a friend stay with us 1 night as well since we will have bed space. Is there any negative to leaving one of the infants off the list of people staying and instead putting the friend staying one night with us so they can enjoy EMH with us. Trying to decide what we want to do. Thanks
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you can have 1 infant (only 1 of them, under 3 years old) that doesn't count toward the # of total guests in the room.
I've been googling it and everything I see seems to confirm that. So you would still list them, but 1 of them wouldn't count to your total #.

Agree w @sgrap 100%.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you can have 1 infant (only 1 of them, under 3 years old) that doesn't count toward the # of total guests in the room.
I've been googling it and everything I see seems to confirm that. So you would still list them, but 1 of them wouldn't count to your total #.
Yes this is true. But the max amount is 4 in the room so the infant rule allows me to list 5 but the extra person for 1 night will make 6 which I know is not allowed but we can squeeze in just fine. I just can't list 6 people so I thought about not listing one of the infants. I just don't want them to miss out on anything is all.

Yes this is true. But the max amount is 4 in the room so the infant rule allows me to list 5 but the extra person for 1 night will make 6 which I know is not allowed but we can squeeze in just fine. I just can't list 6 people so I thought about not listing one of the infants. I just don't want them to miss out on anything is all.
For some reason I was assuming you were in a one bedroom villa. Those hold 5. But are you only in a studio?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter