The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Is it possible to book this as a cash stay like you can at WDW? I was looking at rooms and I don't think I saw the villas listed, but maybe they are just called something else? Or is the only way to stay on points?

Is it possible to book this as a cash stay like you can at WDW? I was looking at rooms and I don't think I saw the villas listed, but maybe they are just called something else? Or is the only way to stay on points?

I've never personally found nor heard of anyone booking the VGC on cash.

This is our first stay so I would prefer a theme park view if at all possible. Do you think I will be able to get this view if I just ask at check in? From reading the thread, it sounds like the majority of rooms have a theme park view?
Rooms are assigned several days (perhaps a week) in advance, so it's a good idea to make a room request prior to arrival. While it depends on villa type (and what you consider a park view), only about a 1/3 of the rooms have a park view.
I made reservations for Napa Rose for myself, husband and our 4 year old. Do you think this restaurant is OK for a 4 year old? I have been wanting to go there for years but I was afraid to take my daughter. At this point she can usually sit quietly through a meal, but I also usually don’t take her to fancy restaurants...
I have seen young children quite often at Napa Rose. You should consider how well your child will handle a LONG meal, often over 2 hours. Another option is dining in the Napa Rose Lounge -- full menu is available, but less formal.
You might want to search (or create a new thread) in the Disneyland forum :idea:

Rooms are assigned several days (perhaps a week) in advance, so it's a good idea to make a room request prior to arrival. While it depends on villa type (and what you consider a park view), only about a 1/3 of the rooms have a park view.

Ok thank you. We booked a studio. Can you send a request online on the DVC website?

Just about every room has a waitlist for DVC members to book, so I doubt that there would ever be availability for cash booking. You would have to rent points from an owner.

Hi! This will be our first time renting DVC at the Grand Californian - we will be celebrating my birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary!! We have rented a studio (our two kids will be with us...wish we were able to afford a 1 bedroom!!) and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for which floor/view to request (I know that the member has to put in the request for us). We would like a quiet room with a nice view (doesn't have to be theme park...actually prefer trees/greenery). Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

...We would like a quiet room with a nice view (doesn't have to be theme park...actually prefer trees/greenery)...
The rooms facing Redwood Creek should be perfect, quiet with a view of trees.
5516, 4516, 3516, 2516
Note: 1516 is ground floor, HA

My daughter's birthday sleepover with 6 of her friends is now just about a month away! This birthday sleepover has been 10 months in the making! LOL It was the first thing I booked with my new GCV contract. I also own GFV and AKV but being a So CA local, I wanted some GCV points and was so happy when I was able to grab some! My daughter is turning 10 and will have 6 of her friends spend the night and then enjoy breakfast at Storytellers and then lounge by the pool for the day. I was even able to snag a couple cabanas. Now I just need to figure out the finishing touches!

Sorry if this has been asked recently - we will be staying at the Grand Californian for the first time - what type of coffee machine do the villas have? Thanks.

...what type of coffee machine do the villas have?
12-cup Mr Coffee drip. Coffee provided is in filter packets.
Basket type filters are needed if you bring your own ground coffee.
Grand Villa is an exception, with Cuisinart coffee maker using cone filters.

My daughter's birthday sleepover with 6 of her friends is now just about a month away! This birthday sleepover has been 10 months in the making! LOL It was the first thing I booked with my new GCV contract. I also own GFV and AKV but being a So CA local, I wanted some GCV points and was so happy when I was able to grab some! My daughter is turning 10 and will have 6 of her friends spend the night and then enjoy breakfast at Storytellers and then lounge by the pool for the day. I was even able to snag a couple cabanas. Now I just need to figure out the finishing touches!

What an amazing birthday! My kids would love to do something like that (if only we lived closer!).

Hi! This will be our first time renting DVC at the Grand Californian - we will be celebrating my birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary!!

Awesome and congratulations! We just spent a week a GVC, earlier this month, for our 25 anniversary. We decided to renew our vows (working with the good folks at Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings). What a great place to be on your anniversary.

You will love it!

I'm glad I got our 1 bedroom for March at the 7 month mark...availability is way limited now for the week we are going!

Sharing this here, since VGC is the only DVC resort at DLR.
Booking starts October 4 8AM Pacific :wizard:

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 2.03.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Event Details states Wednesday, October 4th, 11 am Eastern.
oops, fixed earlier post :headache:
I've been watching that page for months, and was excited to see a booking date was finally announced -- the excitement must have short-circuited the little gray cells...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter