The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I’ve got lots of points to burn after our use year turns over in August. Wish I could find a way to snag a 3bed but they just never seem available.

There's a handful of availability in Nov, Dec, and you can book the end of Feb into March as of today. But yeah, they are not as easy to get as they are at other DVC locations (I had been looking at Au Lani this morning just for kicks )

The HA 3BR has a lot of availability including this August. You just have to check the “Accessible Room” box when searching to find it.

If anyone is on-site and would like to tell me if there are any Grand Cal mugs still for sale in the gift shop that would be great :)

I mean I'll walk across the street tomorrow and check but it would be nice to know in advance (staying at VDH this trip)

explanation of what tipping is for and why he was not getting a cent
Being from NV a large percentage of the people I went to UNLV with were in the service industry and lived off tips so this is the wisdom I've learned from them.... the best tip to leave when it's really bad is a single dollar. That shows you do tip, but it makes the message clear that they didn't earn the tip that is typical. Sadly no tip can come across as you are just one of the 20 or so percent of people that just don't tip.

If you aren’t already doing so, I’d suggest keeping an eye on the aggregator sites. I just looked for funsies - there was a 56 (weird number of points), a few 75 pointers, a 90, and a few 100s.

I’ve been unable to find a break down of UYs at VGC - it didn’t appear to be included in the above link.

Yeah, I'm watching those and also have alerts set up from various sites. I saw those smaller ones...sadly nothing in my UY though. I just hope something shows up eventually because I don't think we need 160 more points (nor do I want to pay for that many!)

I think that when VGC was first sold, 160 points was the minimum for a new buyer, so that's probably why that number of points is so common. Smaller contracts would have been add-ons, and I'm not sure when DVC began selling small add-ons at VGC.
Small add ons were sold right away to existing owners. I have a couple of 30 pointers and a 40. And at that time a new buyer could split the contracts to get the total minimum but few people knew about it back then I'd say.

If anyone is on-site and would like to tell me if there are any Grand Cal mugs still for sale in the gift shop that would be great :)

I mean I'll walk across the street tomorrow and check but it would be nice to know in advance (staying at VDH this trip)

Being from NV a large percentage of the people I went to UNLV with were in the service industry and lived off tips so this is the wisdom I've learned from them.... the best tip to leave when it's really bad is a single dollar. That shows you do tip, but it makes the message clear that they didn't earn the tip that is typical. Sadly no tip can come across as you are just one of the 20 or so percent of people that just don't tip.

If you are still looking for mugs please let me know, we checked in to our vgc room today and will be here until Friday morning.

We have a great view from our studio on the 5th floor, we can see most of Pixar pier and when we are on the balcony looking to the right we can see Goofy’s!

The room is good but the sofa is definitely showing its age and I look forward to when the refurb happens and they switch the sofa beds out for the Murphy beds.

If you are still looking for mugs please let me know, we checked in to our vgc room today and will be here until Friday morning.

We have a great view from our studio on the 5th floor, we can see most of Pixar pier and when we are on the balcony looking to the right we can see Goofy’s!

The room is good but the sofa is definitely showing its age and I look forward to when the refurb happens and they switch the sofa beds out for the Murphy beds.
Can you please share the room number? I will be calling in my room requests for our November trip soon and appreciate the tip!

Thanks for following up. I was able to get a mug during our trip the week of 4/1. Had a great time at VDH but definitely did a few stops at the Grand and we had a great time at Napa Rose to finish our Dapper Day. I haven’t documented the trip report yet as I got sick at the very end of our stay. I’ll be building the shelf for the mug collection soon. I also noticed a good selection of general DVC merch at the GC gift shop and DH Fantasia stores.

Can you please share the room number? I will be calling in my room requests for our November trip soon and appreciate the tip!

Here is a good IMG from another VGC view thread that has been helpful for me -

exterior_pier-jpg.741767

I’ve been lucky to stay in 5506 and 4506 during our last two trips and they have awesome views of DCA -

IMG_4024.jpeg
(View from 5506)

I would bet any adjacent rooms would be awesome. I also need to call and make our requests for November. If you are there for Thanksgiving we might be neighbors. We are doing a 1BR this trip :)

Thanks for following up. I was able to get a mug during our trip the week of 4/1. Had a great time at VDH but definitely did a few stops at the Grand and we had a great time at Napa Rose to finish our Dapper Day. I haven’t documented the trip report yet as I got sick at the very end of our stay. I’ll be building the shelf for the mug collection soon. I also noticed a good selection of general DVC merch at the GC gift shop and DH Fantasia stores.

Here is a good IMG from another VGC view thread that has been helpful for me -

exterior_pier-jpg.741767

I’ve been lucky to stay in 5506 and 4506 during our last two trips and they have awesome views of DCA -

View attachment 851529
(View from 5506)

I would bet any adjacent rooms would be awesome. I also need to call and make our requests for November. If you are there for Thanksgiving we might be neighbors. We are doing a 1BR this trip :)
Thank you so much! Those are very helpful!

We will be staying in a studio from Nov 14 to Nov 23, so before Thanksgiving. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter