The THYROID Thread

Jthomason2 - I am glad you found an endo you like. That is so important. I hope you enjoy your trips. Dh and I will prob go in May as usual.

portocall - I hope your endo visit went well and that you find one you like in your new location.

went for the mammo today. The sweet tech said I was last there in 2016. Told her about my cancer recurrence in 2017. She has worked at the place 20 years and remembered me. Said I might need an ultrasound because she couldn't get great pictures on the L side up high. Always something.

my R hip has been bothering me a lot. I will avoid the ortho as long as possible.

Ds3 did his official acceptance for his seat. In the future he will probably work part time because he will have to do clinical stuff for the degree at off site places.

macraven - how are you feeling and I bet you are not missing those cold Chicago winters at all!

I do not miss Chicago winters!
A memory of the past now

Except for having another broken foot, in doing okay

Macraven- oh my! How did that happen? Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Probably going for the blood tests Saturday since its suppose to be 40. Next up - sonogram. Glad I only have to do this every 6 months. I get too many butterflies thinking about it.

Ds1 and gf came over for a little visit. Nice to see them. I can see her being the next daughter in law.

Hope everyone is well.

I was barefooted and opened the door and my foot was jammed under it

Our bedroom door has about inch and a half height above the floor

It will my breat away when I did that

17 months ago broke the same foot in 3 places
This time foot bones in two different places

Just call me lucky
Lol

LMP, hope your tests go smooth and you pass with flying colors !

Sounds like son #1 has a wonderful gf

So sweet he brought her to visit with you

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a long time. Not doing overly well and I won't bore you with the details. My thyroid is okay. I thought it was part of the problem, so lowered my dose thinking it would help. It didn't, and my TSH went to 3.0. So now back on my regular dose.

My mother is living in Florida right now at her new home at The Villages. She was exercising in her home (stretching and working on balance) and lost her footing, fell back and caught herself on her wrist and now has a very complex break in her wrist. I told her that she should just sit on the couch. It's safer!!

I'll have to get down to see her soon. Maybe in April!

Christine - sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you feel your best soon. Prayers for your mom too.

Ds took me for the blood test yest. We had to wait a while. He is off for 6 days so he was fine with it. Next Friday is the sonogram.

ds2 and dil came for a visit sat. Their puppy is not housebroken. Enough said sigh. We puppy sat but we made sure she stayed in the crate while they went to a party with ds3.

hope everyone is doing well.

Well, folks, say a little prayer for me the next few days. I will be trying a solo WDW trip. I have done several solo trips before, but this will be the first since my Hypothyroidism diagnosis in October. My husband and I actually drove to WDW 3/14-18 for a Herbie the Love Bug anniversary, but we didn't go to the parks; we mostly drove around with the other Herbie cars. My palpitations have been acting up the past few days so that makes me a little nervous. If all else fails I will just order an ecv, but I am really looking forward to walking around in the parks so that is definitely a last resort. I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!!

j2thomason - I hope you enjoyed your trip. How did you manage? Did you eat any good meals? I always love hearing about the food.

Christine - sorry to hear about your fil. I also hope your mom is healing and you are healing too.

macraven - how is the foot healing?

Went for the 6th month check up at endo. All is well and God is good! My tsh is .2. I think last time it was .15. She said right where she wants it less than 0.

I survived the week by myself while dh and d's3 were in France. Happy for dinner visits from the ds. Now dh will be off to Boston soon. This gets weary, sigh.

Need to get some major dental stuff done I am sure $$$
Also looking at disney May16-22. We shall see.

j2thomason - I hope you enjoyed your trip. How did you manage? Did you eat any good meals? I always love hearing about the food.

My trip was a success except for one HUGE mistake that I made. I get frappes from McDonald's all the time with no issue. I have been on NO CAFFEINE regimen since my diagnosis. I just wasn't even thinking when I ordered a venti caramel frappuccino from Starbucks at AK. A couple of hours later, while in bed, my heart rate shot up to 149 and stayed in the 130-150 range for 3 hours. My sweet husband stayed on the phone with me the whole time because I was panicking. I stayed in my room all day the following day. So I missed my FOP fast pass:(

I did try some yummy food while I was there. I am not a fancy eater. I'm a burger, fries and milkshake girl. I had the PB&J tart at Epcot that was delicious. Also, the key lime pie on a stick at DHS in Municiberg was great, too.

luvmarypoppins maybe I will see you in May! My daughter and I are scheduled to go 5/20-26

Christine - thinking of your fil. Saw your other post.

j2 thomason - glad you made it through the trip despite the bumps

macraven- has your foot healed?

singing mom - hope all is well

still working on trip planning. Now the flights we wanted are sold out, sigh.

Also have one med issue. The pharmacy used the new script and I still had a refill in the old one but the endo wrote the new script differently so I need to look at a calendar and see if I will have enough pills before my 6 month visit. I doubt it. This is the 2nd time the endo maybe messed up my meds. I think I will verbally go over it next time with her.

Happy Spring! Probably having everyone over for Easter dinner.

Hello everyone. I haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Been very preoccupied with my FIL's passing. Lots of paperwork to do every night and we've got a long way to go before the estate is settled. Most of the responsibility will fall on my DH since we live in the same state as FIL. His siblings are in Massachusetts. They've been down all week sorting through the house but they go back home today. We've got cars to sell, accounts to settle, a house to sell, etc.

I seem to be doing better. I haven't said much about it but starting in late January I ended up have diarrhea every day that lasted for about 6 weeks. I know what started it (something very stressful to me) but the fact that it wouldn't let up just freaked me out and probably made things worse. I sort of thought I might have been a little hyperthyroid and my endo agreed so I backed off my thyroid meds slightly. That didn't help the intestinal issues and my TSH ended up getting to 3.0. I am now back to normal with my TSH. The intestinal issues have mostly resolved. I think it is/was a stressed induced attack of colitis and not your typical IBS stuff. I've seen two gastroenterologists. The first one I saw was a one I had never gone to before but he was very well rated and very close to my home. I *loved* is PA who interviewed me for about 20 minutes before he came. When he came in (for 5 minutes and without my file in hand and wanted to know the whole story all over again) my heart sunk. He then kind of blew me off, scheduled me for a colonoscopy (which I knew was coming) but I had the feeling that he was not going to pursue the "microscopic colitis" possibility that the PA brought up because he didn't think I had diarrhea "bad enough." In order to diagnosis it, they have to take about 12 biopsies from different areas of the colon because it can't be seen with the naked eye. I had no confidence he would do that.

So, I scheduled another gastro appointment with a practice I used for all my previous GI issues. I haven't been to them since 2011 and I didn't overly want to go because they are about a 40 minute drive from my house (and it's worse in traffic). It's not fun to have to prep for a colonoscopy and then ride up to their offices with all that pressure and get stuck in rush hour traffic. But I did like them. Anyway, I could only get a PA appointment there which even that took awhile. Fortunately, the PA was able to bring the doctor in during our visit. So I got a better feeling from the doctor and she agreed she would definitely do the colitis biopsies. She also wants to do an upper endoscopy since I have a history of issues there. The other doctor noted that but he wanted to do two separate procedures. Well, even though I'm mostly better now, I still need the exams (I don't want to do it though!!). But I could not get in until MAY 31st!!!! This doctor is apparently popular. Crazy. So I now have that looming.

I feel like I've spent the first part of this year in the doctors' offices: podiatrist, endocrinologist, 8 weeks of physical therapy for my ankle/foot, podiatrist again, labwork, the dentist, gastroenterologist (twice), oh and the dermatologist. Once the colonoscopy is complete, it will be time for my annual GYN/mammogram appointment. That should happen in June. I then get the month of July off (barring any new issues) and it all starts again in August with the endocrinologist.

Whew! Hopefully one day I will be back to my old self.

My mother's wrist healing is going well. She has a plate and about 8 pins in her wrist. She's in the physical therapy phase now and the PT told her she was having AWESOME healing. Even though my mother is 75, she is very active and takes care of herself so I think having that good baseline helps. I never did make it down to see her new house with all my problems and she is coming back up here at the end of April/beginning of May to sort out her house here. Maybe I'll get down there in the fall!

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend.

Wow, Christine! You've been through a LOT! Hang in there. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

Been very hectic here - my dad is starting Hospice care at home. So sad to see him suffer. My mom is exhausted and heartbroken to know he is dying. All us siblings are in the area, so that helps.
DH mom is suffering from the start of dementia and only his sister is near her - he and his brother are both out of state. It's difficult to be of any help. Hopefully she will be willing to sell her house and move to assisted living. Getting old is pretty tough.

DD's closing on her new townhouse is next month. We are making open ended flight plans now - since I'm not sure what my dad's situation will be by then. If able, I will be staying in Florida for a few weeks to help her get moved and settled. Hard to be sad at what should be a happy time.

DH has MRI scheduled for some follow up to his pulmonary embolism history two years ago. I haven't been to the gyno or cardiologist yet this year - oops....

Wow, Christine! You've been through a LOT! Hang in there. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

Been very hectic here - my dad is starting Hospice care at home. So sad to see him suffer. My mom is exhausted and heartbroken to know he is dying. All us siblings are in the area, so that helps.
DH mom is suffering from the start of dementia and only his sister is near her - he and his brother are both out of state. It's difficult to be of any help. Hopefully she will be willing to sell her house and move to assisted living. Getting old is pretty tough.

DD's closing on her new townhouse is next month. We are making open ended flight plans now - since I'm not sure what my dad's situation will be by then. If able, I will be staying in Florida for a few weeks to help her get moved and settled. Hard to be sad at what should be a happy time.

DH has MRI scheduled for some follow up to his pulmonary embolism history two years ago. I haven't been to the gyno or cardiologist yet this year - oops....

Thanks. Sounds like you've got your own share of issues with the parents. It's really hard when they get up there and things like this start to happen. It's worse when all the relatives are scattered. We had that last year with my husband's mother. Dimension, but all the kids lived far away (although her second husband and their child together were close by so she was definitely not along). But it's a huge burden on the ones close by and the ones far away feel like they want to do more.

Great news on your daughter's townhouse. Such an exciting time; hope you get to enjoy it all!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Christine and singing mom - prayers for both of you with all you have been going through

Going crazy here. We are still dealing with property issues from dh deceased dad so we are going out of state tomm. sigh.

Went for my drivers license yest. What a zoo! Took my walker and got the vip treatment past like 100 people, ptl!! Did the new one. Needed birth certificate, marriage certificate, voter notice etc.

I am still trying to plan a disney trip frugally. Between no tax refund, major dental work needed and $$ for the fil property and more than likely dh getting laid off or fired in Oct. I am watching it. Probably going to use miles and $ for the hotels and miles for half of southwest tickets.

Take care and check in when you can.

luvmarypoppins so sorry to hear about the dental work and your husband's job. Hopefully things will work out for your frugal trip to WDW.

I heard back from my endo this week and he is lowering my levo prescription to .88. It has gone from .125 to .112 to .100 and now .88. I see him again in June with blood draws the week before. I'm gaining weight hand over fist and my joint pain is awful:( But my other symptoms are lessening.

On a happier note, my daughter and I are headed back to WDW in a couple of weeks. She hasn't been since September when I first ended up in the hospital in Ocala on the drive home. We both have APs and usually go several times each year. We had to cancel our Christmas trip because I was having too many issues with palpitations. That is normally her birthday trip because she was actually born on Christmas Day, so it was really hard to cancel that trip. She also started a new job which has made it hard for her to scheule a trip. I'm SO happy that we are going together because we have such a great time sharing the magic. I have already told her that I may not be able to keep up my old pace and she may have to do a few things alone while I rest. I will just enjoy that magic a little slower than usual:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!