The THYROID Thread

Gather round peeps, enjoy your cheese because I am going to whine
In the what can happen next department
We have not had any heat since saturday.
poor dil has the shingles
the boats to doctor will not be running when we are there. A total pain as we dealt with this in May too.

the $900 part may get here tomm. Doubtful. Ds1 is taking us to the airport before work so we will be there 2 hours before we really have too, sigh.

singing mom - how was your trip?

Our trip was pretty bad
They were ripping apart the Swan lobby and parking lot. Busses were at the Dolphin most of our trip.
Epcot boats stopped running before the fireworks. We got the last regular night before they started that.
So cold the first 2 nights
3 drunk ladies sat next to dh at the Candlelight processional. I wasn't impressed with Robby Benson
the Christmas party was fun
The food was good. Last night a server dumped drinks down hubs back. He was furious but it was a supervisors fault for trying to squeeze by.

now back home. We have heat and dh is going to Massachusetts today.

hope every one is doing well

singing mom - how was your trip?

Our trip was pretty bad
They were ripping apart the Swan lobby and parking lot. Busses were at the Dolphin most of our trip.
Epcot boats stopped running before the fireworks. We got the last regular night before they started that.
So cold the first 2 nights
3 drunk ladies sat next to dh at the Candlelight processional. I wasn't impressed with Robby Benson
the Christmas party was fun
The food was good. Last night a server dumped drinks down hubs back. He was furious but it was a supervisors fault for trying to squeeze by.

now back home. We have heat and dh is going to Massachusetts today.

hope every one is doing well
Sorry to hear your trip wasn't pleasant! :sad2:

We had a busy visit - treated a few of DD's friends to a "family dinner" at various spots - Thanksgiving Eve we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern for a "traditional turkey dinner". Thanksgiving evening after work we took DD to bluezoo - I love the renovations at the Dolphin. That used to be our go to spot - hadn't seen it since the renovation.

We adored the Candlelight Processional - we invited our friend from California and her family - we ate at Chefs de france and then went to the 6:45 show. Helen Hunt did a decent job. My favorite still has been Daniel Dae Kim - DD went back the other night to see her childhood heartthrob John Stamos. She said he was wonderful.

DH got to see the model of DD's new townhouse to be built. He loved it. We are getting excited for them to break ground soon.

My dad is not doing well. I'm hoping he feels up to coming to our home for Christmas dinner. DD will be home for the holidays and we have a very busy week planned.

Hey everyone, it was fun reading about your trips (even though LMP had some bad experiences). Not much going on here. I've got my foot back in a walking boot. I have strained my posterior tibial tendon (first injured it in 2009). It takes a long time to get under control so I'll be in a boot for a few weeks and I hope it works. So far no change. Despite the boot, my DH and I are hitting the mall today. I am WAY behind on my Christmas shopping for the "kids" and since he's home he can help carry any bags while I drag my 30 lb leg around. DH had hernia surgery last week. He's not an office worker so he can't really get back to work but he's okay for shopping!!

My parents are down in their home at The Villages and are enjoying getting things set up. I think it's been cooler than they thought but I told her she didn't move far enough south to get constant warm weather. But she's okay with having some seasons. Just doesn't want anymore ice and snow.

I've got a wedding to go to in Blacksburg, VA next weekend so a 4 hour drive back and forth for that and then I can finally just kick back and get in the holiday mode.

Christine - sorry to hear about your and your Dh medical issues. I hope your foot heals and he heals well post op.

I wrote a dining report if anyone is interested.

got the d's Christmas wishes
ds1 couch or microwave or vacuum
ds2 - vacuum
ds3 - go pro

I usually give money and gift cards. We shall see.

now dh and I are going to another funeral viewing tomm. It's the husband of a church member. The wife is a breast cancer survivor and they have one handicapped dd at home I think. I don't know how this sweet lady will financially be able to keep her houses. It"s so expensive here.

Last edited:
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate.

Celebrating ds1 and dil bdays. They are the same age. Going out to dinner sunday.

probably having a brunch Christmas as ds3 has to be at the hospital 3-11.

check in when you can.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

LMP, my son's birthday was yesterday but we are going into DC tonight to have dinner. My parents are back from Florida so the four of us will meet him and his friends for dinner at a Balkan small plates type of place. Should be interesting! My birthday will be next week but usually by them I'm so "over" eating junk that I just sit at home. I know this sounds weird but I just want some biscuits and gravy from the Cracker Barrel. So I may just go for breakfast. My kids will certainly roll their eyes at me!

Today I'm just sitting around waiting for a chair/chaise to be delivered from Wayfair and resting my ankle. It was starting to really improve and then yesterday, for no reason that I can figure out, it just flared back up again.

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays.

Merry Christmas! Our girl is home and all is right with the world! We have kept VERY busy this week - saw Mary Poppins yesterday with free tickets from Adventures by Disney. It was very charming. I was worried, as the original is my favorite Disney movie. But, they did a good job. Not better, just nice.

Tomorrow we have Holiday Inn tickets at the Paper Mill Playhouse, Monday I'm singing at 4pm mass and then we will go to our traditional Seafood buffet at the Conservatory of the Madison Hotel. We've been doing it for years! Christmas Day we will host my family. I'm catering in and I paid our fabulous baker friends to make my cookies. I'd rather write checks then cook this year. lol
Day after Christmas we will head to Manhattan and a two Broadway show day! Matinee of "American Son" with our favorite Jeremy Jordan, dinner at Tavern on the Green, and evening performance at Lincoln Center of "My Fair Lady" with Laura Benanti (who is a local girl that we first saw in a community production when she was a teenager! We try to get to see whatever she is staring in - amazing performer) Then DD flies back to the craziness of Disney on Thursday night.
She's in charge of a team for "crowd control" in Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve. My petite girl is one tough cookie!

I'm heading to the Festival of Arts at the end of January because we know two of the performers in the Broadway series and want to support them. DH will join me in February - fly to Orlando to meet DD and drive up to Jacksonville for nephew's wedding. In the meantime, ground breaking of DD's new townhouse has begun and they are anticipating a completion date of March 14!!

Peace & Joy to you & yours! God bless! Merry Christmas!!

Hope all here have a merry Christmas with family and friends

Enjoy them and hug them tight !

Family and friends are precious

Merry belated Christmas / Hapoy Holidays to everyone. Things here were happily uneventful.

Still doing well with the gastric sleeve surgery from September 7th. Down over 50 pounds even with the holidays (and I did go a little “off plan,” but not too far). First official round of post-op bloodwork had thyroid levels in their usual ranges (still keeping TSH low-low), and my A1C was in the normal range for the first time in over 5 years! Cholesterol numbers improved too, just gotta get that LDL down 15-20 more points to hit the normal range there.

Still trying to convince hubs we need to plan a Disney trip (maybe to DisneyLAND this time?) as a reward if I hit the doctor’s Goal for me of 135. Only 16 lbs away. Lol.

Happy New Year all!

Christine - hope you had a great birthday. How is the snow there? I joined the reading challenge too. I also do some with other online groups too but some are certain genres or covers etc.

Macraven - words so true!

Squeege - Sounds like things are going well and your numbers are good. Disneyland sounds fun.

Singing mom - hope your dad was be able to be with you and is feeling well.

Cold here but at least no snow. Took ds1 gf out for lunch for her birthday. Next Sunday for ds2. Trying to coordinate a day and time is hard. Ds2 and dil couldn't be at the
lunch.

My new challenge next week will be dealing with the insurance company. They have changed our prescription plan rules. Now we can only do mail order (never!) or CVS but it's the supply part that is confusing. Should be interesting lol!

Check in when you can everyone!!

Hey LMP!

So I'm sitting here with about 7 inches of snow. They plows have done a good job so we can get around okay. In fact, I'm getting my hair cut in a few hours.

My insurance also is mail order only or CVS. If I am going to take a medicine just ONE time, such as an antibiotic for an illness, I can get that anywhere. But recurring meds have to be through CVS or mail order. I actually really like it because, prior to that, my 90 day supply meds (Synthroid) could ONLY be mail ordered which I didn't like. Now I can get all my 90-day meds at CVS and it's so much more convenient.

Same here for mail order or CVS only. But anything long term MUST be mail order. I personally hate it! Oh well.

Mom & Dad did not come for Christmas day - just too much for him. I had my sister & brother with their families and it was sad not to have my parents, but still had a nice time. First Christmas ever that I used paper products. What an easy clean up! lol

Enjoyed our Broadway shows the next day, with stops at Sardi's and Tavern on the Green. DD was thrilled to say hello to Jeremy Jordan after the show. Loved My Fair Lady, except it was the understudy's understudy. Laura Benanti was too sick. I actually cried. front row seats - $600 - no Laura. :sad:

DD was in charge of a crowd control team for New Year's Eve in Fantasyland! God love her!

I'm heading down for the Festival of the Arts - then DH & I are going back two weeks later to meet up with DD and drive to Jax for nephew's wedding. Still have a California trip to finalize for DH's 60th birthday, which was this past week!

I had to cancel my Christmas trip because I was newly diagnosed and my palpitations were just too uncontrollable. I have 2 trips booked for March, one with my husband for a Herbie the Love Bug 50th anniversary and then a solo trip, which I am kind of nervous about. I have done several solo trips before, but not since my hypothyroidism diagnosis.

I got diagnosed in Oct by my primary doctor and have been on levothyroxine since 10/22. I am feeling much better, but I still have occasional palpitations and face flushing. I saw an endo right before Christmas and she tested me for a bunch of stuff I have never heard of and then dismissed me back to my primary doctor. My gynecologist got a referral to another endo that I see in a couple of weeks. I hope that he will test me thoroughly and give some instruction about what I truly need to be doing to have somewhat of a normal life again.

I had to cancel my Christmas trip because I was newly diagnosed and my palpitations were just too uncontrollable. I have 2 trips booked for March, one with my husband for a Herbie the Love Bug 50th anniversary and then a solo trip, which I am kind of nervous about. I have done several solo trips before, but not since my hypothyroidism diagnosis.

I got diagnosed in Oct by my primary doctor and have been on levothyroxine since 10/22. I am feeling much better, but I still have occasional palpitations and face flushing. I saw an endo right before Christmas and she tested me for a bunch of stuff I have never heard of and then dismissed me back to my primary doctor. My gynecologist got a referral to another endo that I see in a couple of weeks. I hope that he will test me thoroughly and give some instruction about what I truly need to be doing to have somewhat of a normal life again.

Have you had your new thyroid numbers redone. One of my "signs" that I'm taking too much thyroid medication is facial flushing. Ears, cheeks. It's bad. I remember when that first happened to me. And it would take forever to go away once it started.

Hi everyone!!! This thread is quiet so popping in to see how everyone is doing.

I am loving our barely snow winter so far!!

Medically I only have the mammo next week and then next month it's blood work and thy sono. Need to work around dh travels to Houston and France.

Starting to think of a May Disney trip.

Celebrated dh bday last week. Only ds1 gf couldn't make it. Didn't like it, so cold and ds2 was obnoxious. I yelled at him in the parking lot lol. We celebrated ds2 bday last month and that place was better.

Biggest news is that ds3 has been tentatively accepted into the family nurse practitioner program. It was so competitive - 500-600 applicant and they only choose 60 students. It's a 3 year program so I don 't know if he can handle working full time. This was the 3rd time he applied. He said they even gave him a surprise test when he walked in for the interview.

Check in when you can.

I have had symptoms for years just discounting them as menopause until my daughter and I were driving home from WDW in September and my heart rate was skyrocketing. After 2 days in the hospital in Ocala, seeing a cardiologist for 2 months, my gynecologist, my primary doctor & 2 endocrinologists, I finally found and endocrinologist who ran enough tests to start getting my Hypothyroidism under control. I have an AP and usually take 4-5 trips to Disney every year. I had to cancel my Christmas trip because my palpitations were still unpredictable. I currently have 5 trips to WDW planned this year, 2 in March. I'm praying that I will up to going and have no issues while I'm there. The first trip is actually for a Herbie the Love Bug anniversery and I won't be going to the parks. Then I return for solo trip 2 weeks later. I hope I can make it. I sure have missed Disney!

It's been years since I've been here. I had my thyroid taken out back in 2013. Since then, it has been a rocky road. Just before the surgery, it seemed we found the magical dose of thyroid medicine. All the weight gain was coming off from the period where I was undiagnosed and I had energy again. It was a fantastic few months. Then the surgery and the ticking scale and mood swings started again. I think we finally got a handle on it over the summer because weight is slowly starting to slide off again. It always comes on fast but takes forever to go.

I see my Endo this week. She is going to fuss at me but that's okay. I'm going to be in the market for a new one this summer due to a move. I dread that because I finally found one I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!