The THYROID Thread

Halmla and Macraven - thanks for the good wishes.

Tomm. I get the stitches out. There is still a little blood when the bandage is changed so I dont think the wound has completely healed. The next day dh leaves for 10 days to the west coast then the rehearsal dinner is the 19th and the wedding is the 26th.

Christine - sounds like your trip went well. I would like to try Homecomin one day too. I know some people have no patience waiting for the ecv loads. I get the stares too when I ask for the ramp for the wheelchair. I was thinking of trying Spice Road someday but now I think I will wait. I like english breakfast tea too!

Yeah, definitely skip Spice Road Table. Definitely a disappointment.

As far as the ECV, we did have some REALLY good bus drivers who were out of the bus and putting down the ramp so we never had to say a word. They were also VERY good at keeping the people in line back and away from the bus so my father could be loaded. I think one day the bus from the Contemporary had been late anyway, it was hot, and the line was super long and of course my dad and the rest of us were loaded up first. We definitely felt the daggers shooting in our back!! Oh well.

Good luck with the removal of the stitches. Hopefully it's healed up and it's just bleeding because the stitches are irritating the top layer of the skin.

Well I got the stitches out. My regular Dr was so rushy. She squats in a dress to take them out. Omg. I said don't you want to sit in a chair?

the bottom is healed but not the top. I still may have to go to the plastic surgeon she said. Sigh.
she gave me a new mammo script and couldn't find my pulmonary function test results sigh. Then when I start walking it hurts and dh realized she didn't put steri strips back on. After waiting we go back again. She is too rushy and not neat sigh

now my leg hurts more. She told me not to walk or dance alot. It will take a while to heal. The leg is still swollen from internal trauma she said.

Wow, you really did a number on that corner edge you hit! Sorry for the pain and trauma you are still having with the wound. Here's hoping it heals up soon!

Greetings from the rainforest, well it feels like one here. I think they said the last 11 week ends had rain

ds3 changed the bandage . He took a picture and I saw it.
i am going to the plastic surgeon 2 days before the wedding. Another dr. Who looks young and inexperienced. They said she is the one who agreed to take your case, sigh.

this sun. Is the rehearsal dinner. Not holding my breath that her mom will be there. So sad.

ds2 is packing up. The closing is next week, so only one bird left in the nest lol.

i am also dealing with a stomach bug. Also my one cousin is not doing well. He has bladder and prostate cancer. I feel bad he is suffering alot. Glad I Sent an email to him. No one in the family communicates. I always have to do it and try to keep the peace. Now I need to tell another cousin.

check in when you can

Happy Friday everyone. Just got back from the dermatologist. He was a new one that I waited about 10 weeks to see. LMP, he was young, but he was really good and nice! I had a suspicious mole biopsied (hope it's okay) and he removed so small facial and neck bumps (not skin tags) that are age and sun related. I do have Schamberg's disease which is a capillary problem in the lower legs. No reason for why and it won't kill me. I asked if it was age related because it just started last year, but he said any age can get it.

Also had my endo appointment last week. That guy is always a pleasure for sure. I hope he never retires!! All is good there.

Having a huge saga with my brand new car so that's sent me over the edge a bit. It's always something!

Hope all are well!! It's been a whirlwind around here. DD bought a townhouse and I've been back to Florida again to help her pick her finishes - it's new construction! so exciting. It's only 3.5 miles further than where she is now so it's a still a super quick commute. It should be finished in February. While I was in Florida, my dad was hospitalized with renal failure. Luckily he is doing better and was discharged today. NEVER a dull moment.

Hope all are well!! It's been a whirlwind around here. DD bought a townhouse and I've been back to Florida again to help her pick her finishes - it's new construction! so exciting. It's only 3.5 miles further than where she is now so it's a still a super quick commute. It should be finished in February. While I was in Florida, my dad was hospitalized with renal failure. Luckily he is doing better and was discharged today. NEVER a dull moment.

Sounds fun on the new townhouse! It's fun picking stuff out like that especially on a new build. Hope you dad continues to do well!

Singing mom - wishing your dad all the best. Sounds like a wonderful place for your dd. Hope she enjoys all the planning.

Christine - Glad the endo visit went well. Hope the car issues get resolved.

We survived the rehearsal and dinner yest. Sadly again future dil"s parents were a no show. My heart breaks for her. We decided if the mom even shows up at the wedding that her and I will just be seated ahead of time. Me due to my mobility issues and her due to her anxiety, so it seens, issues. 11 at the dinner. Fun and expensive!

ds2 and fdil close on the house today. Dh is supposed to help him move in tomm.

Just checking in. Last Friday I went to a new dermatologist and had some biopsies done. One of them came back as severe dysplasia so I have to go back and have it removed fully. It's in a bad place on my back so it's going to be tough keeping my movements small for at least the first of two weeks. It's always something, isn't it?

Hi peeps!
Christine - sorry you are dealing with this issue now. Wishing you all the best

happy d ay happy day
Ds2 changed the bandage, showed the pic to his friend the wound care nurse. She said it looks great and should close in 2 weeks so I cancelled the surgeon tomm.

loved looking at my tuxedoed penguins lol! They look awesome

Just popping in finally

Christine -saw your other post and sorry about the dermatology issues

where to start? My cousin just called me from Disney. He wanted to know about Christmas and booking the free dining bounceback. In the meantime I had e mailed him that our other cousin died from bladder and prostate cancer. Those two were best friends but had a falling out. He just said, oh yeah I read it, gotta go to the grand Floridian pool bar for lunch now. I am just :sad2:.

The wedding was nice. Beautiful weather. Good food. Loved seeing my relatives and friends. Finally met the mom. She def. has issues. I tried to talk to her but the music was too loud and I think she was sadly overmedicated or having some mental health issues.

LMP, good to hear the wedding turned out well! That's awful about your cousin. That must have been some falling out!

I had my excision surgery this past Wednesday. I've been teleworking Thursday and Friday in an effort to keep my movements low. I can't even change the bandage myself and can't sleep well due to where it is. Every position is uncomfortable. I've got 6 stitches with 3 internal stitches. I would hope in the next day or two it will start to feel more normal as it heals.

This too shall pass!

LMP, good to hear the wedding turned out well! That's awful about your cousin. That must have been some falling out!

I had my excision surgery this past Wednesday. I've been teleworking Thursday and Friday in an effort to keep my movements low. I can't even change the bandage myself and can't sleep well due to where it is. Every position is uncomfortable. I've got 6 stitches with 3 internal stitches. I would hope in the next day or two it will start to feel more normal as it heals.

This too shall pass!

Ouch !

Hope the pain leaves quickly and start to feel more normal

Hate typing on the kindle. The next afternoon we took my cousins from Ohio around. I stayed in the car a lot. It was so hot. Then the next day if you saw the community board you saw about how that little girl died in the hot car. It was in our district. So sad.

the afternoon before the wedding we got test ended after taking ds1 cut up fence back to him after he dumped it in our backyard. I honestly don't know what goes through his entitled head. No car damage but my back waa sore, Dh yelled at car 1 who hit car 2 who then hit us sigh.

i danced very little once with dh and did a little with ds2. We were both crying.

now Dh is in Massachusetts till tomm, Houston the end of The month and France in Dec.i

ds2 is having fun in his 3 week Hawaiian honeymoon. Ds1 has a new girlfriend and ds3 will be missing the beach lol. He did a great wedding toast.

oh and the thyroid stuff . Blood tests and sonogram on my to do list soon.

feel better Christine.

Last edited:
Prayers for those in the hurricane path
My sonogram is tues. Yup cancer goes to the front of my mind again.
Our washer is broke, called the repair guy
Ds1 got a call back interview for next week. More money but an hour commute!
cooking Tom m for our church picnic

Christine - how is your back and the new car? Read your neighbor flower thread omg!!

Prayers for those in the hurricane path
My sonogram is tues. Yup cancer goes to the front of my mind again.
Our washer is broke, called the repair guy
Ds1 got a call back interview for next week. More money but an hour commute!
cooking Tom m for our church picnic

Christine - how is your back and the new car? Read your neighbor flower thread omg!!

The back is doing much better. I get the stitches out on Wednesday and I can't wait. Looks to be healing up nicely but still having a little difficulty sleeping due to the location. Yes, the flowers were an interesting event last weekend!

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better! We are still on a day by day decision if Mom & Dad will be cruising with us. Dad seems to have good days and bad days. Since we don't have to fly to get to the ship, I think 5 days in the sea air isn't too much even if he does feel a bit ill. I think it will do them good.

Last night DH and I went to a benefit for the new Flamingo Exhibit at the area zoo with our next door neighbors, complete with Pink outfits and feathers in our hair! It was a lot of fun. They had a silent auction and we threw caution to the wind and bid on the best prize and won! Of course, it's pricey, but we got it under the "value of package" and it's for a good cause. We have 18 months to take the trip - Oceanfront Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica with a Wine Safari tour at Saddlerock Ranch! Sounds really neat. DH will be 60 in January, so we will make it his birthday gift!

I'm heading back to see DD next Saturday for a week. Very proud of her - she won the Quarterly Award for Fantasyland this week! So happy her leaders recognize her hard work and commitment! :tinker:

Good to see you all here

I go to Orlando on the 26th

Is it too late to start my diet....lol

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better! We are still on a day by day decision if Mom & Dad will be cruising with us. Dad seems to have good days and bad days. Since we don't have to fly to get to the ship, I think 5 days in the sea air isn't too much even if he does feel a bit ill. I think it will do them good.

Last night DH and I went to a benefit for the new Flamingo Exhibit at the area zoo with our next door neighbors, complete with Pink outfits and feathers in our hair! It was a lot of fun. They had a silent auction and we threw caution to the wind and bid on the best prize and won! Of course, it's pricey, but we got it under the "value of package" and it's for a good cause. We have 18 months to take the trip - Oceanfront Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica with a Wine Safari tour at Saddlerock Ranch! Sounds really neat. DH will be 60 in January, so we will make it his birthday gift!

I'm heading back to see DD next Saturday for a week. Very proud of her - she won the Quarterly Award for Fantasyland this week! So happy her leaders recognize her hard work and commitment! :tinker:

Sounds fun and sounds like a great trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Congrats to your daughter!! Is she actually working in the parks or more behind the scenes?

Sounds fun and sounds like a great trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Congrats to your daughter!! Is she actually working in the parks or more behind the scenes?
DD works directly in Fantasyland in Attractions. She monitors the efficiencies and safety of the attractions in Fantasyland West, is a Facilitator for new cast member Orientations, and is a Trainer for new cast members at Pooh and Tea Cups. :tigger:pooh::earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!