The THYROID Thread

DD said it's going to rain all week. Of course, as a CM in MK, that sometimes means less crowds. But, the ones that DO come, complain about the weather! She said she's amazed how many people act as if SHE has something to do with the weather, or crowds, or fastpasses, etc. lol She said "as if I were that powerful!" :cutie:

They are probably complaining to her hoping for her to do something "magical" for them!

But seriously, if you only go once in a lifetime or every few years and you spend thousands of dollars (and are trying to escape the Northeast!!), it can be pretty devastating to have one week of rain. It's always my biggest fear when I book a trip. And if that's my biggest fear, then I guess I'm doing pretty well!!!

Back from the trip. Rained going there in NY, rained there and more rain here lol.

The Swan was good but we didn't enjoy no friendships. We walked to Boardwalk and took it there to Epcot.

Third day of trip we heard from ds3. He was in Lima Peru and they wouldn't let him come to Costa Rica as he didn't have the yellow fever vaccine, could be be with us? Not too thrilled. His travel mate went to Fort Lauderdale. He came with only the clothes on his back. His bag came later and he was washing clothes at the Dolphin at 1 am. Good he has an ap.

he came in handy pushing the wheelchair when needed. I added him to most of the meals except the anniversary at the Yachtsman.

the Beach Club was great. Loved swimming in storm along bay and our room was good.

Food was good except Marrakesh. Went to Garden Grove breakfast, lunch at Liberty Tree. Got a golden fast pass there for our anniversary. Gave it to hubs and son to ride the mine train.The wait was 90 minutes! Changed the Plaza for Kona. Loved Chefs!

ds 1 waiting for his house closing. He is now an uber driver for extra cash. Ds 2 and almost wife still house hunting. Ds3 starts new Neuro icu job next month.

Hubs is in Newport news till wed. Then France and Germany end of month.

still need lung tests and eye dr.

check in when you can.

Hi LMP, I was wondering how your trip was. Don't you just LOVE the rain.

I spent the day in Harrisonburg, VA on Saturday getting my son's stuff out of his rental and it rained like I have never seen. Torrential downpours for 6 hours straight. This rain is depressing me.

Sounds like you had a good trip. I still want to go!

Yes.... DD has been accused of ruining a number of people's vacations this past month due to the weather..... I can't get over how crazy some people are! Blaming a cast member for the weather....:rolleyes1

This thread is quiet. Dh is off to Germany for ten days. He now has to have a separate trip to France.

ds 1 house closing is this week. Ds 2 and fdil bought a house too 30 minutes from us. The shower is sat. I was told I am sitting with her mom and 2 sisters. Oh joy.

I was also informed We will be sitting with her parents at the family wedding table. Wth. I told dh after we eat move my chair so I can sit with my friends and relatives. Sigh.

When is your son's wedding?
Are you getting excited for it, I bet you are!

the last sun in aug. I want this over and I am getting frustrated not excited. Spent about three hours shower shopping with d's3 yest.

now fdil wants the rehearsal dinner at a place with a private room. No place here will do it for our amount of people. Not enough twenty minimum. It has to be lunch and now they want it closer to her parents place. I told ds2 you said it could be near us since the wedding and shower are so far away, they must have gluten free food etc. I said what about a quick practice after our church told him the parents aren't expected to go. Just to use the place etc. or in a park and then the nice lunch.etc. The rehearsal is a week before the wedding. In our day it was the night before and at the wedding venue. This is so strange. We can't even go to the real place.They said I can arrive way before the wedding time on that day and check it out.

add in my cousins from Ohio booked a hotel by
the wedding and wanted to visit and go find some relatives grave the day after the wedding. I will be so dead exhausted. I am done before I start.

and now the endo office called and bumped my visit down two weeks so I need new scripts sent because they will be past the six month time. Had to explain that to the scheduler. Oh and did I mention it was a time I was thinking of a good food and wine disney date week lol.

enjoy your cheese because you have heard my wine everyone! Lol!

LMP,

You are right, this thread has been VERY quiet. I've looked at it a few times and didn't see any action so I just move on. I haven't had anything exciting to report so I'm a guilty as the next person for not being "social" here!

Weddings are great aren't they? Especially when you don't overly feel well and have to do all these things. I honestly don't know what gets into brides not thinking about things. In my history, rehearsal dinners are always the night before and the groom's family calls the shots there. I know it doesn't *have* to be that way but still.

I haven't been doing anything good. Unfortunately, yesterday, I had to put my 18 y/o dog down. It's always such a hard decision and I'm still not sure that I did the *right* thing but she was so old and hardly eating and drinking. Ended up with some big mass under her front left leg/armpit then got lymphadema all down the leg. I'm sure she was riddled with cancer. It's so hard today not having her sitting right beside me while I'm on the computer. She also slept in my room and I just miss her presence. I know it's the humane thing to do but I feel like I copped out. I've had to do this now with 5 different dogs so I know what I'm feeling today is normal and will go away.

Medically, in the last year or so, I've been getting petechiae on my lower legs. It started abruptly after a jog one day and I chalked it up to that. Almost like the "Disney rash" you hear about. It then happened again this past May when I went to my son's college graduation and I was on my feet all day. In between all that and now, I get smaller "dots" on my legs and other places. I went to my MD about it earlier this week because I had convinced myself I had leukemia or some other blood disorder. He did test for all those things and at least in the blood disorder area I'm good. So it may just be due to getting older and fragile scan. He said as you get older the venous return is not as good and, of course, you'll see the start or acceleration of varicose veins, spider veins and just vein issues in the legs. He thinks it just might be something like that. That my capillaries and fragile, fair skin are susceptible to small bleeds now. So I feel better about that. I have a dermatologist appointment in late August to get it evaluated from that angle in case it's something like lupus or what have you. God, the internet is scary when you look it up!!! Since having all my RAI I am always worried about leukemia risk. I've told me endo that so he does run a CBC once a year to keep tabs on it.

On the GYN side of the house, I have sort of officially been told I have something called lichen sclerosis which is kind of like an autoimmune disorder affecting the skin of our "lady parts." Fun times. I think I've had it all my life but it has gotten worse in peri menopause and now menopause. My GYN is putting me on oral estrogen to help. I'm sort of scared because I don't do well with anything but she did say that most women she prescribes it too feel WONDERFUL after they start it and never had realized how crappy they were feelings. So I'd be happy if it was a little magic pill. Well that was probably more than you all wanted to know. But I will have to watch my TSH/T4 levels with the estrogen because estrogen binds to it and I may need more thyroid medication.

Well, hope everyone has a nice rest of the week and Happy July 4th!

Just enjoyed a whirlwind week with DD visiting home. We had a wedding on Sunday - dear friends of ours middle daughter got married and of course invited DD. (two cousins had weddings in Florida right near DD and neither invited her @@) It was outdoors under a tent - very warm but it was a lovely time. They had an afterparty and had shuttle service, so we decided to stay over night so DH didn't have to drive. Lots of fun. Then Monday we went into NYC,(stayed at the Marriott Marquis, and saw The Broadway Princess Party at 54 Below. our seats were practically on the stage - the lineup was fantastic - original Belle from Broadway Susan Eagan, who also was voice of Meg in Disney's Hercules, Liz Callaway- original singing voice of Anastasia in the animated movie & Jasmine in the two Aladdin sequels, Laura Osnes - Cinderella on Broadway (among other shows!) Courtney Reed-original Jasmine in Aladdin on Broadway, and Christy Altomare- Anastasia on Broadway. Special guests were a bunch of Broadway princes! Derek Klena from Anastasia on Broadway, Adam Jacobs- the original Aladdin on Broadway, Corey Cott (from Gigi, Bandstand, & replacement in Newsies) and our all time favorite Jeremy Jordan (Jack Kelly in Newsies, Clyde in Bonnie & Clyde, and Supergirl & SMASH on tv, among other things)

We've followed Jeremy's career for years, and DD was thrilled to see him - he saw her and said "HEY SWEETIE, you're here!!!" and patted her arm. (DH & I were at a concert the week before & he was teasing that she wasn't in attendance) She was so excited he recognized her! If you get a chance, look on YOUTUBE for "Broadway Princess Party" and you can see some clips! The one with Laura Osnes and Jeremy & Corey Ten Mintues Ago/Agony mashup you can see DH & I on the right of the video. (stage left) lol)

Tuesday we went to Afternoon Tea at The Plaza with friends - then walked in Central Park & down 5th Avenue. It was gorgeous out! Perfect week with our Disney Princess - flew back to Fantasyland last night! I'll be down in three weeks to do some "mom stuff" for her.

Keep well, all!

singing mom - you have such wonderful adventures with your dd. So many experiences to treasure! Sounds like you met some wonderful celebs!

Thanks for the thoughts. Not unexpectedly, my MIL passed away yesterday afternoon while my husband was driving back from seeing her. She has had active Alzheimers for about 6 years now and finally her body gave out after 12 days of not eating. She lives in North Carolina about an hour outside of Asheville so we are headed down on Sunday for the funeral. One too many tough things this week.

Sorry to hear that news Christine.
again, sending you :hug:

No matter how old the relatives are, it still is a shock when they pass.

I have very few relatives alive and one of them had a memorial service yesterday in Michigan.
I did not go but kept thinking about her .....
No big family gathering but rather quiet with just her kids, husband and brother.
He wanted it low key since it was a suicide.

I have very few relatives alive and one of them had a memorial service yesterday in Michigan.
No big family gathering but rather quiet with just her kids, husband and brother.

Oh, wow, that's awful. I always feels so bad when I hear about suicide because of the horrible suffering for everyone involved.

Christine -so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Sending you my deepest smpathy. Thoughts and prayers for God's peace and comfort during this difficult time.

macraven - so sorry about your family loss too and also sending my deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers When you live so far away you wish you could do more. When my cousins son committed suicide last year they had their own service too. I talked on the phone and emailed him and Sent him a plant and fruit basket. I felt I wish I could have done more but I respected their privacy and how they chose to grieve.

And here is the bridal shower update. I am glad I brought the walker to use. It was a hike to our room.

her mom was in the hospital and couldn't come. it was small as I have no family and she had some relatives. 2 girls from work and her best friend and 2 sisters sat with us. Never met her nonna. Very quiet and anti social family.one sister spoke to me. 2 little girls were there, so cute and well behaved. They did take one picture with me sitting with her and the ds. My one ds said he wanted a picture with her and the 3ds. I asked to be included. Never once did she ask to have a picture with me, so I don't feel bad at all when I told dh and ds I am moving my seat after the wedding meal. Lol.

Ds said I should have asked her for a picture. Um, no. I guess it just shows her true feelings, oh well. Such is life. What is the saying about not being able to choose your relatives lol.

and we straightened out the rehearsal dinner. Practice at our church and dinner at 4:30. They only have a big lunch. Sorry take your $100 plus meal home in a doggie bag. We are just having a table because we are too small for a private room. She also had to make sure the food choices were ok for her family. They can order whatever they want.

And this is only the first ds!

Thanks for the thoughts. Not unexpectedly, my MIL passed away yesterday afternoon while my husband was driving back from seeing her. She has had active Alzheimers for about 6 years now and finally her body gave out after 12 days of not eating. She lives in North Carolina about an hour outside of Asheville so we are headed down on Sunday for the funeral. One too many tough things this week.

Our sympathies to your family at this sad time. :grouphug:

:grouphug: Thoughts with you and your family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!