The THYROID Thread

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
PolyAddict - no advice. My dil has hashimoto. Wishing you all the best

Christine - the trip sounds great. Dh and I stayed there a few days one anniversary using ff miles.

Macraven - how you are feeling well

Singing mom - prayers for your dad

Well my tooth is out. Now I have a gaping hole in my gum.

SingingMom

DIS Veteran
Greetings to all - I've been MIA due to Dad's death and the dog's death, and DD's move into her new townhouse. I'm still exhausted. Miss my dad and now my sister in law's dad passed yesterday and my cousin's granddaughter had a sudden malignant brain tumor with surgery, with no hope of survival, and they will be removing her from the vent this week. 7 Years old. I just can't believe what a sad year this has been.

I have spent time in Florida on two separate long stays to organize DD and supervise her remaining punch lists. I'm so much happier in Florida - I can't wait for DH to be able to retire. He was able to come down for the long July 4th weekend and we flew home together. Now I'm trying to catch up on mail, bills, laundry, cleaning. Saw Mom today - she's hanging in there. Misses Dad terribly. They were together 58 years. When the Florida weather cools down a bit I may try to take her down to see DD's new home. She can't really manage the stairs, so DD will get us a room on property and we'll just drive over to see the house.
I also threw the idea out there today that maybe she'd like to try the cruise next season (just she & I from NYC). Guess we'll see how she feels about that much travel.

I have overdue cardiologist, eye dr, mammo, & dentist appointments, but I just don't have it in me to start that ball rolling. And, after hearing your colonoscopy stories - FORGET IT - I'm putting that one on the VERY BACK BURNER!

Christine

Would love to be able to sit on
Greetings to all - I've been MIA due to Dad's death and the dog's death, and DD's move into her new townhouse. I'm still exhausted. Miss my dad and now my sister in law's dad passed yesterday and my cousin's granddaughter had a sudden malignant brain tumor with surgery, with no hope of survival, and they will be removing her from the vent this week. 7 Years old. I just can't believe what a sad year this has been.

I have spent time in Florida on two separate long stays to organize DD and supervise her remaining punch lists. I'm so much happier in Florida - I can't wait for DH to be able to retire. He was able to come down for the long July 4th weekend and we flew home together. Now I'm trying to catch up on mail, bills, laundry, cleaning. Saw Mom today - she's hanging in there. Misses Dad terribly. They were together 58 years. When the Florida weather cools down a bit I may try to take her down to see DD's new home. She can't really manage the stairs, so DD will get us a room on property and we'll just drive over to see the house.
I also threw the idea out there today that maybe she'd like to try the cruise next season (just she & I from NYC). Guess we'll see how she feels about that much travel.

I have overdue cardiologist, eye dr, mammo, & dentist appointments, but I just don't have it in me to start that ball rolling. And, after hearing your colonoscopy stories - FORGET IT - I'm putting that one on the VERY BACK BURNER!

SingingMom, so sorry to hear about all the bad news in your life right now. Sometimes it just seems to come in droves, doesn't it. I'm sure it's awful having your dad gone and quite an adjustment for your mom. Sorry also about the dog, and hope that one was at least due to the natural course of things and not a surprise.

I hear ya on the doctor's appointments. I've been through the ringer this year and they never stop. I just finished up with my annual GYN and mammogram appointment. I have a one month break before I go to the endocrinologist. I am glad to get the colonoscopy out of the way. It's definitely best to do that one when you're life is calm!

Kennywood

Kennywood
When I was a teenager, I had a thyroidectomy. Only a portion of my thyroid had to be removed, and I'm fortunate enough not to have to take any medication.

A while after my surgery, the scar on my neck was pretty noticeable. I was out shopping one day and a little boy did what little kids do; he pointed at my neck and asked, "What's wrong with your neck??". Having answered that question many, many times before, I thought I'd try a different answer. I looked at the boy and said, "When I was about your age, I talked back to my mother, and......" (Insert finger slash across the throat.) The boy's eyes got VERY big and he said, "WOW!" and ran off! I had every intention of telling him I was kidding and to truthfully answer his question, but he was gone in a flash!

So, somewhere in the world, there is a now a man who probably still believes that, once upon a time, a "maniacal" woman slashed her son's throat for talking back to her. Lol

SingingMom

DIS Veteran
When I was a teenager, I had a thyroidectomy. Only a portion of my thyroid had to be removed, and I'm fortunate enough not to have to take any medication.

A while after my surgery, the scar on my neck was pretty noticeable. I was out shopping one day and a little boy did what little kids do; he pointed at my neck and asked, "What's wrong with your neck??". Having answered that question many, many times before, I thought I'd try a different answer. I looked at the boy and said, "When I was about your age, I talked back to my mother, and......" (Insert finger slash across the throat.) The boy's eyes got VERY big and he said, "WOW!" and ran off! I had every intention of telling him I was kidding and to truthfully answer his question, but he was gone in a flash!

So, somewhere in the world, there is a now a man who probably still believes that, once upon a time, a "maniacal" woman slashed her son's throat for talking back to her. Lol
Reminds me of a guy at a party who kept an entire group of women mesmerized with his neck scar story of stopping a would be mugger from harming someone by jumping him and getting knifed..... Ended up he fell down the stairs Christmas morning holding the cymbals Santa had given him …..

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News