The THYROID Thread

Lmp
Wow that was an awful experience on that stinky day!!!!

Hope no more of those for you

Keeping you on my prayer list
And all the others here are also

No one has to ask as I just pray for all of you

I am not doing well
Had total knee replacement last Thursday
Sunday in my own bed

But hurt so bad

Started the next day with pt
That was Monday repeat Tuesday
On Wednesday pt gal hit two spots on me that made me scream and cry
Session stopped

Long story short
Ended up directly back where I left and saw doc and then had ultrasound testing
Dvt
On meds and Coumadin testing Monday as med level was increased
Was at 3 which is higher than they want so
Retesting Monday for levels and ultrasound again
If it does not show clot dissolved
Will be admitted to hospital again

So restricted to my bed and only walk to bathroom

Staying at home was allowed as long as I stay in bed
Prayers please

macraven, wow, sorry to hear about the DVT with the surgery. Everyone's having a rough time of it right now...I'm here hoping that everyone feels good soon.:flower1:

macraven - so sorry to hear about your problems, too. It's so frustrating to be unwell. Prayers for all of you going through difficult times right now. :hug:

macraven - I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with the dvt on top of the knee replacement. Its like being double hit on the head for sure.

I am sorry you are in so much pain. Do you have to wear a compression stocking. They made me wear one up to the knee.

I am sure its frustrating also to try and get the coumadin levels titered out., I was blessed that my ins. paid for the xarelto, but that is not without its own side effects like peeing out blood etc.

Praying your pain will ease, your numbers get titered out to a good level and you dont have to go back in the hospital. I am sure you are weary and worn from all of this. Praying for strength and healing for you.

Thank you lmp!

The compression hose go up to my undies
I wear them 23 hours a day and then back on
Will be like this for 6 weeks

If my levels are off I go back to the hospital as impatient on Monday

50/50 about that

On Tuesday I have another ultrasound
If clots have not dissolved them I am hospitalized and have surgery for their removal

In 15 surgeries. I have never gotten a blood clot until the total knee replacement one

Was put on total bed rest with leg elevated 23 hours day due to blood clot diagnosed Thursday

Because Coumadin level adjusted Thur, have to me on correct level for 3 days before cardiovascular doc says it is an accurate reading

Did not want to be in hospital all these days just to wait for level testing
Waste of money and aggravation for me when I can stay at home and in bed

Christine and singing mom thank you both also

I'm having the blahs now and did not realize I didn't thank you both properly
Knowing people I have never met are praying for me is lifting to me

I buried both my parents at bushnell last fall and now only have one relative left
Since I do not family to lean on, I joined this family

Christine and singing mom thank you both also

I'm having the blahs now and did not realize I didn't thank you both properly
Knowing people I have never met are praying for me is lifting to me

I buried both my parents at bushnell last fall and now only have one relative left
Since I do not family to lean on, I joined this family
:flower3::grouphug:

macreven - keeping you in prayer today and hoping that your numbers are good and that you did not have to have the surgery. Were they going to put a screen in you?
Whatever your treatment plan is I pray that it is not too uncomfortable for you and that your pain lessens also. Keep the faith! Hang in there!

Well back from the always ever enlightening endo visit. Do you ever think you have a plan all mapped out and then God says heah, wait I got something else for you. Hmm, am I even allowed to type that. Well if I get banned you know why lol. Do they make cancer exceptions lol!!

Any ways - I had in my mind the surgeon who I looked up and everyone said he was so good etc. Well that went out the window, more to come on that.

Told the endo my horrible rad. onc. experience with the dept. I said I pray no one gets treated the way I was there. Just giving you a heads up. She said well actually we dont send that many people there because really most dont need radiation, great.

he said one good thing that the rad,. onc. didnt say to me. She said that the pet scan showed not a lot of activity, ie I didnt light up alot and that is a very good sign that shows the tumor is not really actively raging full force like it was before like first surgery. I questioned what the new tracking will be for me. She said most likely pet/ct scan. She wants to do at least a ct scan 6 months post op. I will talk to the surgeon and also ask his views on this eventually.

She said each of the endos there have a least two problem/interesting cases. She didnt use those exact words but that is what she meant. She said her other patient is the opposite of me, just her cancerous tumor is the flip of mine. lol. She shows bad tg blood test and they cant find it on the pet scan. gheesh. I am of course good blood and lighting on the pet scan. So there you go.

Next we talked surgeons. She said the guy I want is out because yes he is nice and all but he is not skilled enough for this. She said she worked there. I think her residency maybe. She said there is another dr. there and I would absolutely hate his personality and she woudlnt do that to me.

So here is the godwink as the Breast Cancer sistas say. I say - do you know surgeon Dr. P. He operated on dh friend here. She said, oh do I know Dr. P. Well he just happened to work here at the univ. and we lost him to the city. Hmm, I think he left right before my surgery. She said he is the best fantastic personality, she would take all her family to him she trusts him that much and she went to med school there and knows him. When I looked him up it said that lol he went to medical school in Nj, dont know if it as in Newark or where we used to live, so its like old town day maybe, lol,. And also he did a fellowship at Sloan Kettering, so he is up on the top. He takes our ins. and so I am calling him tomm. I cant get any more overwhelmed with all of this today.

Then I said I read they want all reports, test discs etc. She printed out the reports. and this is where it gets scary. She found surgeon who saved my life operative report but she could not find or access somehow if it was even there Dr. Who almost killed me's surgical reports on me. I said and guess what you are probably never going to find it. Its in the sea of forgetfullness scrubbed nice and clean aka goodbye law suit. She said this is very disturbing and strange. I aid no it is not. Its expected. Hmm why do I feel like this is the makings of a mystery movie or book lol.

So tomm. starts another step in the journey, This dr. is at NYU Langone. Its also right around the corner from dh bff moms condo and the best possible location for dh to safely drive to.

sorry this is turning into a novel. Forgot to say the endo said - remember the first time and no one was giving you any hope at all (true the rad. onc. that time just said its aggressive and we will treat it aggressively, surgeon just said its one of the biggest tumors I have had etc). She said I was the only one who was giving you hope and I am telling you again that you are going to be ok. That is really comforting and an answer to prayer for sure.

LMP--thanks for the update. It's all VERY interesting. I hope this Dr. P is the answer. Can't wait to see how the phone call goes. I agree with your doctor. I think you have lots of hope here. I would MUCH rather have your case (no Tg but identifiable tumor), versus raging Tg and they can't find it. Your case is not that uncommon. So hopefully it will be plucked out and that will be the end of it.

Hope everyone is doing well otherwise. Macraven, I hope your next report here is a good one!

Not much exciting going on here. DS is home from college and trying hard to get internships. He and my DH are leaving tomorrow to head down to Asheville to visit my MIL for the weekend. She has been put in an Alzheimer's facility. Fortunately that is going well for her. My FIL delayed doing that for a long time but it's been a really good thing. I get a weekend alone with me and the dog and the guinea pig. Maybe my loving daughter will stop by but who knows!! Her boyfriend is back from a month long visit to the Congo so she will probably hang out with him. Fortunately, I'm an introvert and don't mind being by myself. I'll probably make some plans with my own mother to do something.

Keep posting those updates!

Hi peeps, yes its me again Chatty Cathy, oh wait I think that was a doll my sister had lol

macraven - hope you are resting and healing and recovering. Prayers fro you continue

Christine - I hope you have a great mothers day whatever you decide. Hear you about the kids. Last year ds2 was with his gf eating dinner at Ohanas on mothers day and I got them that adr too. Interesting about the Congo. A man from our church was from the Congo, Hutu tribe. His dad was the tribal leader and he let a missionary come into a tribe and years later he went to college in France and came to the US. I hope your ds finds a good internship. I know oldest ds actually had to pay to get one, it was part of a college class no less for credit and then the other one he took after he graduated for nothing just to get experience on the resume and that he got a job for 4 years out of sothey are great experience for sure.

Anywho I called Dr. P's office. Gave the lady a little brief rundown. Told her I have stuff except the first two or reports and I asked about test cds. She said no necessary as long as I have written reports and they scheduled me for next thurs. wowsa and said they will e mail me papers. I didnt get them yet and will call tomm. She has my and dh cells too.

I also e mail dh bff whos mom lives near the hosp. and didnt really ask but kind of hinted around when I said what good hotels are in the area because I dont want dh driving back home etc. So we shall see. I felt weird coming out and asking if dh could stay at his moms just yet because her divorced daughter and teen grandaughter are also there so dh would need an air matress or something in the living room but it is so close in case something happens to me like a few blocks away.

Why do I have a feeling that the surgery will be before July. I dont know but I read something once that you should never have elective surgery in July because of all the new medical students etc. I am def. going to ask him if he stays in the or for the whole surgery. They just did a report on this for the tri state ny news channel about drs. leaving the room.

Also more interesting and scary reading. One question from what she gave me. One of the new fna biopsy afirma reports said inconclusive and said something like hurthle cells present, wth??? I have always had columnar. I will ask about this and then sickening but I read it the or report when I was dying. Words like the airway could not be obtained I had to directly cut into the neck etc. Makes me thank God so much for saving my life. Had to take a break from that one.

Happy Mothers Day to all however you celebrate

I'm in pain and still awake

It is one full week today I have been on complete bed rest
Only up for the bathroom or when I see the doc or have labs

That's 4 days of the week

Yesterday's ultrasound sound showed both clots still in same place no movement yet
Or any sign of dissolving

Starting again on another round of Coumadin now

If nothing changes one doc says surgery the other something else

Feel like I am no better off than I was when this all began

Total uncontrolled pain

Can't do surgery now as back on that med as of today
Would bled out if done now

I spend time in prayer as all of you do when at this point

The parathyroid gland surgery on hold and no idea when that talk will resume
Same for the ent for my hasimoto

Truly appreciate yours prayers

I pray for all of you as you do for me

Also more interesting and scary reading. One question from what she gave me. One of the new fna biopsy afirma reports said inconclusive and said something like hurthle cells present, wth??? I have always had columnar. I will ask about this and then sickening but I read it the or report when I was dying. Words like the airway could not be obtained I had to directly cut into the neck etc. Makes me thank God so much for saving my life. Had to take a break from that one.

Happy Mothers Day to all however you celebrate

LMP, it's been awhile but I believe the Hurthle cells are a normal finding. Just like follicular cells are normal. Just as long as it doesn't say "carcinoma" or "neoplastic" next to it, then I believe it's a normal finding.

macraven,

Hang in there. I know you've got to be absolutely miserable. Praying that you get some resolution of something in the next few days.

:thanks:

So nice to read your comments and all others to me

The only family I have
Is husband and grown kids

Kids have a busy life and don't hear from them much

I read others have suffered through that also

I was like that at times to my parental units
Busy with my own life and cheated my time with with them

Then i grew up and changed my ways to make up from it

macraven - you were on the top of my prayer list today!! I am sure you must be going stir crazy, Do you have netflix? My ds are watching the OJ stuff for some strange reason. Do you like to read. I love it so that helps me. I hope you are not in too much pain. I hope the coumadin is helping the clot dissolve. They told me it could take up to 6 mos. for mine to resolve but it was really huge they said. I am sure yours will be much faster. I am sure your dh is a big help to you now too.

I know what you mean about the kids. Mine live here and are barely here and when they are they dont even ask how I am , can I do anything to help etc. Ds1 is suppose to move out by the end of the year. Time to put the big boy pants on, lol.

I called the surgeon office again today because I never got the forms they said they were e mailing me. Well I am trying to print them out and running into problems. I will wait for ds3 to get home and help me. Its his day off from the hosp. but he decided to go play school nurse. He hates to sit still. Its over 20 pages of forms. They will charge you if you cancel the surgery within 4 days. I think I have printed about 10 pages of billing and privacy stuff so far, sigh.

Thanks MLP
Reading is my favorite thing in life
My reading list starts with Christian books and literature and continues down to walking dead

Hahahahaha

No Netflix and would need a son to take care of that for me
Always enjoy watching movies

Still on bed rest but this week I have been able to keep up on my prayer list and not fall asleep before I have included everyone

Had doc appt today and was shown the X-ray they took this morning

Think some of the intense pain in thigh is the bone splintered during surgery

Was told they do nothing for the splint

Clots still in leg but have Coumadin level tested frequently
They removed the 34 staples
One was snagged as tissue was growing over it

They got it out but the way I was bleeding from one small staple, they realized I was faithfully takimg the blood thinners
Lol

macraven,

Well you do sound a little bit in better spirits. Sounds like your appointment went well enough and at least you may have a reason for the pain. It really sounds so awful.

We've got another rainy weekend here, although things might be better for Sunday.

As to the whole kids thing--my kids are still sort of dependent on me so I do see them enough, but I know that time is running out...my son is home for the summer but when he is at school or when things are going well for him, I don't hear from him. I try to take that as a good thing, but it's still odd that you can go through all that intense parenting and then, poof, they are gone. My daughter lives in the city but we work in the same field now so I do get to see her for lunch occasionally. I saw her a LOT when the boyfriend was out of town but he's back now. I think the both of them are coming today to do the "obligational" mother's day visit of which I'm fine if they don't.

Now, my own mother (and father) live a few minutes from me but I can go WEEKS without seeing them. Sometimes I feel bad about that, but on the other hand, both my parents are very active (my mother still works part time at 73) and they do stuff. She also knows what it's like to work full time so she doesn't ever place a lot of demands on me for time. But, yeah, I think I could do better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!