The Tenth Trip is the Best Trip and Eleven is Nice Too- July and December 2019 PTR *UPDATED 12/5*

I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. That stinks.

I think most people's excitement about planning tends to rise and fall at times. There's so much to plan that it's easy to get overwhelmed and it's easier to walk away for awhile! I'm thrilled that you managed to get Fastpasses that you are happy with for your December trip. Also, I hope your Dad can manage to get the time off so he can come along!

Hooray for your friend loving her Disney trip! It's always great when we have people in our lives that get as excited about Disney as we do. (Why do you think we all hang out here so much?! :laughing:)

Hugs! I'm so sorry about your SIL. I've lost 3 babies, and it's so heartbreaking.
I hope that the rest of your planning goes smoothly- with no more changes!

I totally understand where you're coming from on the planning end... sometimes having all the balls in the air makes it stressful and you just want to wait for them to fall in place before you move forward. I usually lose "interest" in planning sometime after we book and decide on our ADRs just because its so long until the trip is going to happen and just not much to do.

On top of that, you're dealing with some stressful situations too. Definitely feel for your SiL and family. That's always difficult. We've been through that as well.

Congrats on getting your BFF bitten by the bug... I'm assuming there was a really good travel agent hooking them up and making sure the trip went smoothly... :rolleyes1

So sorry to hear about your SIL.
Thank you

I hear you on the Disney planning. I feel like I go through phases where I want to do nothing but change my plans and make new ones and then others where I don't even want to think about it lol.
That's where I am, I just need it to be here already

I agree- a friend bitten by the Disney bug is fun! One of my best friends got bitten by it two years ago and we're working on a trip when we can all go together when her kids are older!
So exciting, not many people share my Disney love, so it's nice to bring another over to our side.

I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. That stinks.
Thank you

I think most people's excitement about planning tends to rise and fall at times. There's so much to plan that it's easy to get overwhelmed and it's easier to walk away for awhile! I'm thrilled that you managed to get Fastpasses that you are happy with for your December trip. Also, I hope your Dad can manage to get the time off so he can come along!
Me too, we are all bummed about him possibly not coming, so we'll cross our fingers and see

Hooray for your friend loving her Disney trip! It's always great when we have people in our lives that get as excited about Disney as we do. (Why do you think we all hang out here so much?! :laughing:)
Lol exactly, it would be nice to have some IRL friends who love Disney as well

So sorry about your SIL :(
Thank you

Glad you got all the FPs you wanted!
Me too, huge weight off my shoulders

Hugs! I'm so sorry about your SIL. I've lost 3 babies, and it's so heartbreaking.
Oh no I am so sorry for you. I have never been through that pain, but I hated seeing them go through it.

I hope that the rest of your planning goes smoothly- with no more changes!
When does that ever happen :rotfl2:

I totally understand where you're coming from on the planning end... sometimes having all the balls in the air makes it stressful and you just want to wait for them to fall in place before you move forward. I usually lose "interest" in planning sometime after we book and decide on our ADRs just because its so long until the trip is going to happen and just not much to do.
Exactly, Disney always has things up in the air that frustrates me, like RotR opens two days before we go but DHS still only has hours until 9 each night. But usually my end, we are set, and that it not the case this time, adding to the frustration.

On top of that, you're dealing with some stressful situations too. Definitely feel for your SiL and family. That's always difficult. We've been through that as well.
It was heartbreaking see them go through it, but they seem to be doing much better now.

Congrats on getting your BFF bitten by the bug... I'm assuming there was a really good travel agent hooking them up and making sure the trip went smoothly... :rolleyes1
Lol thanks, their TA may or may not be a rock star I can't confirm 8-)

Disney Christmas

It may only be October, but let’s talk about Christmas. Joe and I have done some Disney Christmas, activities, but for everyone else it’s brand new. The main reason we planned this trip when we did was to experience all the Disney at Christmas has to offer. Here are our priorities as far as the Christmas stuff goes.

Monorail Resort Hop

I don’t know when we will have time for this, probably on arrival or departure day depending, but it’s definitely a must do.

1.Gingerbread House at GF

2. Gingerbread castle at CR

3. Does Poly do anything, just a tree???

MVMCP

While, we didn’t have the best time at MNSSHP last year due to crowds, I am going in prepared this time. We will pretty much spend most of the evening in the hub, so we have a good view to see the castle lighting, stage show, fireworks, and parade. Rides and even the treat stops are not a priority, so we’ll just play the rest of the night by ear.

Candlelight Processional

I have wanted to do this one for quite some time. Our narrator will be Chita Rivera, don't know who that is, but I'm sure it will still be wonderful. We have the dining package for Biergarten to make sure we have seats.

Festival of the Holidays

I think we might dedicate one night to trying some food at the Holiday kitchens, the menus look good and pretty much everything is a snack credit. The challenge will be to find things the boys will eat. I also am pretty excited about the storytellers. I think the boys, especially the older two will be able to appreciate other cultures.

Disney Springs

We have dedicated one morning/afternoon to Disney Springs this year. I definitely want the boys to meet Santa Claus and then we will do the Christmas tree trail as well.

Hollywood Studios

I feel like DHS actually does the most for Christmas. We already booked Hollywood & Vine so we could see the characters dressed up for Christmas. I also plan to do Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the Sunset greetings.

So much Christmas and so little time. We have to do most of the holiday things towards the end, because I know my mom really wants to do it all, but it is going to be so much fun.

Your plans for Christmas at Disney sound great - there's so much to do! Since your family has gone to Disney several times (and will continue to go!), concentrating on the special holiday events is the way to go.

I'd love to do the Candlelight Processional one day and I'd love to see the Mickey gang in their holiday attire at H&V. I can't wait to see all of your experiences in your trip report!

3. Does Poly do anything, just a tree???
I've visited during the Christmas season before. We were stopping in all the monorail resorts, and Poly had pretty much nothing worth checking out. However, I don't believe we've been there since they renovated the lobby, so I could see it being more likely that they might do something now that there's a bit of space to work with.
I have wanted to do this one for quite some time. Our narrator will be Chita Rivera, don't know who that is, but I'm sure it will still be wonderful. We have the dining package for Biergarten to make sure we have seats
That will be fun, even if you don't know who the narrator is. I don't either. I definitely like using the dining package for it!
I think we might dedicate one night to trying some food at the Holiday kitchens, the menus look good and pretty much everything is a snack credit. The challenge will be to find things the boys will eat. I also am pretty excited about the storytellers. I think the boys, especially the older two will be able to appreciate other cultures.
I'm sure they'll love it! I enjoyed hearing the stories at the different countries!

Your plans for Christmas at Disney sound great - there's so much to do! Since your family has gone to Disney several times (and will continue to go!), concentrating on the special holiday events is the way to go.
Yeah, its so hard though because they're still going to want to do all their faves too. There is never enough time at Disney.

I'd love to do the Candlelight Processional one day and I'd love to see the Mickey gang in their holiday attire at H&V. I can't wait to see all of your experiences in your trip report!
The candlelight processional is the thing I am looking forward to the most. I can't wait to share all the Christmas things.

I've visited during the Christmas season before. We were stopping in all the monorail resorts, and Poly had pretty much nothing worth checking out. However, I don't believe we've been there since they renovated the lobby, so I could see it being more likely that they might do something now that there's a bit of space to work with.
That's so strange, the Boardwalk resorts get there own gingerbread displays. I don't understand why they do so little at the Poly.

I'm sure they'll love it! I enjoyed hearing the stories at the different countries!
I am really lookign forward to it.

Sounds great! We have some of the same plans, so I can't wait to hear about how it goes!
I hope the plans work out for both of us.

The countdown is on!

It was an exciting week in trip planning last week. I hope y’all had a fun Halloween. We had minimal Disney this year, but we made sure to represent.

My brother’s family went all out.

It’s now November, so I can officially say I go to Disney World NEXT MONTH!

We got our Magic Bands last week. I have been checking a couple of times a week, for some good inventory. Finally, one morning there were a lot of choices, so I had the boys pick. Everyone got what they wanted except J. Poor thing, he typically has the worst luck ever, and he chose three options, all of which were out of stock. I ended up just getting him a plain band and then buying a special band on the Disney Store.

In other news, my dad finally got approval for his vacation. It is official, we’re ALL going to Disney!

I was also able to finally secure an Ohana reservation for arrival day. This was literally the last piece of the puzzle for the trip and now it’s taken care of. Now that details for the trip have been settled, I am just so excited. December cannot come soon enough.

One thing that I am a little worried about is some interruptions on arrival day. It was just announced that the President is going to be at Fundraiser at the Grand Floridian on December 7. I am not sure how or if it will impact that first day, but we’ll just have to cross our fingers that it won’t.

Sunday, we had a one month til Disney day. It’s actually a little over month, but shh don’t tell. We started out the day with Mickey waffles, and POG juice.

For lunch, we had Mickey bars, because that is something we would totally do on vacation.

We also worked on our tie dye Mickey shirts, to wear on the trip.

Sadly, they turned out terribly, so it was a fail. For dinner, I made some Ohana food thanks to recipes from All Ears. Joe grilled up some chicken, while I made pot stickers, stir fry noodles, and peanut dipping sauce.

Or course, no Ohana meal is complete without some bread pudding.

At the end of the day, I gave the boys a countdown chain for our trip.

Inside each ring is a different Disney Christmas fact. The countdown is officially on, and I can’t wait for it to be December 7th.

Last edited:
One Month from Today

Okay so for the next several days, I am going to be sharing my plans for what we will be doing one month from today. Let’s just hope I can keep up.

12/7

It arrival day!! The day we’ve been looking to for 15 months. Our flight leaves at 8 and gets us to MCO around 11. I don’t have much of a plan for the afternoon. I am just hoping it is warm enough to go swimming at some point. We have FPs booked at Epcot from 3-5. Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. Since we’re just a short walk over, I don’t plan on going to the park until closer to the end of the first window. We’ll do the three rides, maybe something else if there’s time. We have a dining reservation at Ohana at 5:50.

After dinner I want to head over to Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house. After that, the plan is to hang out at the Boardwalk, possibly see some of the performances they have there and then watch Epcot Forever from there as well. The day will be packed, but we’ll take it at a leisurely pace.

My fiancé and I went in the beginning of September and we were lucky enough to eat at Ohana for a breakfast and a dinner!!!! Absolutely amazing!!! Enjoy!

Hooray for your dad being able to go AND getting an 'Ohana reservation! That will get the trip off to a great start!

I love seeing people's "one month from today" or similar posts - but I agree it's a lot of work to keep up with them! I think your plans for the first day sound great, especially with your early arrival at Disney. That's a ton of fun packed into the first day!

Sounds like a good first day!!
Thanks

My fiancé and I went in the beginning of September and we were lucky enough to eat at Ohana for a breakfast and a dinner!!!! Absolutely amazing!!! Enjoy!
We've never done breakfast, but dinner is a must do.

Hooray for your dad being able to go AND getting an 'Ohana reservation! That will get the trip off to a great start!
I know it all fell into place for us.

I love seeing people's "one month from today" or similar posts - but I agree it's a lot of work to keep up with them! I think your plans for the first day sound great, especially with your early arrival at Disney. That's a ton of fun packed into the first day!
I know I am afraid too much fun packed into the first day :rotfl2:

What a perfect first day!
I hope it will be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!