The Sylvia In Memoriam thread

It is hard to believe that almost two years have passed. Sylvia definitely lives on in the hearts of so many, she really touched so many lives.

Just how much she is still thought of, and loved, years later. It is a special community that can do that, and this is one. Imagine 100's of people fondly recalling someone in your neighborhood, let alone city, two years after passing away... quite rare I would think, but not at all rare to think about on the DIS.

I carry with me at work, three documents in my daytimer, to remind me of life's precious nature ... one is from a meeting planner whom I liked, who passed away, the second is a report by one of my employees who had to tell a family with young children that their father died while swimming in the Chicago triathalon, and the third is a very loving, wonderful note that I recieved from Sylvia on April 11, 2001.

Peace be with you, my wonderful friend.

she will always be a person that we all hold dear to our heart ......she was a great person

Thank you Simon and Dan..........

I remember my own vigil when Sylvia was sinking, and the sense of common loss when she passed on. Every time I see an Eeyore, I think of her.

Rest well Sylvia......... and Stephanie......:(

Dear Sylvia,
Happy 2nd Anniversary in Heaven , Sweetie.
You fought such a long and courageous battle.
May you be at peace now.
I think of you and Nick often,
I hope he's doing well.

My heart still feels the pain and unfairness of what you had to endure.
You were such an Inspiration to so many.
I remember vividly the day Dan e-mailed me with the very sad news of your passing.
I really thought you would beat it and go on many more trips to WDW with Nick other than the one I helped you with.
Tho, we never met, I knew you were a special Lady from your first post, and our e-mails.

I'm smiling thru tears thinking of you, and knowing you are
surely a special Angel now.

Sending up Hugs,
Marilyn
Thank you Simon for starting this thread.
I knew the day was coming , as My sweet MIL passed on June 7th also 5yrs . ago.

A day spent at an air show here in the UK, paying tribute to the air force heroes of WWII...and now a tribute to a heroine of the DIS, too............................Sylvia - gone but not forgotten......

I've been reading this and wish I had gotten to know Sylvia(I joined last November).The memories and pure love on this thread is a amazing thing

Thank you posting this Simon. I remember when Dan first posted about Sylvia's death, it was such a sad day.

What a brave soul she was and a fiercely determined fighter. She loved that little boy so much.

I still miss her :(

Stephanie had such a magical spirit, always finding the positives in life despite being so ill. I miss Stephanie too :(

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter