The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

Some of you heard about our experience at a Super 8 Hotel the night before we arrived in Hershey.
We had stayed at a Super 8 before on our way down to DAP in December, in Hagersville MD, and it was very nice. Not the Hilton, but nice nonetheless.
This time it was not pretty.
Well.......yes it was.....pretty disgusting. :scared1:
I think my feedback to Super 8 Head Offices, copied below, will explain the rest.

"DISGUSTING!!!! We arrived about 1:30am Friday morning, very tired from our long drive and basicly went right to bed. Upon waking up in the morning, the horror of room 209 hit home. The disgustingly stained chair, the mold in the windowsills, the scum/dirt in the corners of the bathroom and behind the toilet, the dirt actually streaming down the inside of the bathroom door, scum/dirt on the outside of the bathroom door down at the baseboards, stained (I would say unwashed) towels and facecloth, stained rug, box springs in poor condition (fabric underneath hanging to the floor on both), at least a dozen cigarette burns on the bedspread (smoking room) and the icing on top of the cake, the bloody fingerprint on the wall lamp between the beds. We (My wife and I) actually used our clothing from the day before to dry off after our showers. We did not let our children bathe there, her and I had to. This location is nothing more than a flop house WITH YOUR NAME ON IT!!! I have documented everything I have relayed here with pictures to prove it, which I would be more than pleased to send to you. I am not asking for reimbursement of our rate ($73), I just want someone to make a surprise inspection on this place, especially room 209, as the bloody fingerprint is probably still there. I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to clean anything else I have mentioned. The manager and cleaning staff should be fired on the spot and replaced by a group of Howler monkeys, as they would probably care more about the cleanliness of this hotel. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter, and being forwarded an email address where I can send the pictures of this shameful representation of your franchise."

I hope I conveyed my displeasure to them clearly enough.

Now the pictures....

These totally grossed me out! :eek:
Note to selves - never ever stay at a Super 8

Cedar Point announced their new attraction for 2011.

"Windseeker" Cedar Points official brief on the new ride.

Think swings that go up 30 stories, at least that is my impression. This is one that I will have to sit out, or take lots of valium first.

_cpws__2011_cap5.jpg

_cpws__2011_cap4.jpg

John, sorry you stayed at such a nasty Super 8 hotel. I have stayed a many Super 8's and they have all been nice and well cared for. Places like that give a hotel chain a bad image. Hopefully the company will pull their franchise.

"Windseeker" Cedar Points official brief on the new ride.

Think swings that go up 30 stories, at least that is my impression. This is one that I will have to sit out, or take lots of valium first.

I love the traditional swing ride, have since I was a kid. But this is just a little too much for me! :eek: Todd, I'll stay on the ground with you and we'll wave to everyone! :wave:

I was disappointed in the annoucement, I know they can't build a huge coaster every year, but a big swing? They already have a swing and this one is just higher in the air. Oh well, I'll wait in line for the maverick, millenium and dragster.

I love the traditional swing ride, have since I was a kid. But this is just a little too much for me! :eek: Todd, I'll stay on the ground with you and we'll wave to everyone! :wave:

Since I don't deal well at all with spinning I'll be one the ground with you:wave2: and even though Louise loves it she will look up and also say NO WAY.

I wonder how far chucks will fly from 300 ft.... remind me not to get to close to this ride either.:rotfl2:

:scared1: Thx a mint for the update Todd - hope this will draw queues away from the other rides! :rotfl:

Since I don't deal well at all with spinning I'll be one the ground with you:wave2: and even though Louise loves it she will look up and also say NO WAY.

I wonder how far chucks will fly from 300 ft.... remind me not to get to close to this ride either.:rotfl2:

Mark, too bad you beat me to this thread...I was going to offer to keep Todd company on the bench while we took pics of YOU! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

:scared1: Thx a mint for the update Todd - hope this will draw queues away from the other rides! :rotfl:

Mark, too bad you beat me to this thread...I was going to offer to keep Todd company on the bench while we took pics of YOU! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

If I'm up there you better be wearing a hat, poncho and have your camera covered... it won't be pretty:eek:

You could just use your drink umbrella for protection. :goodvibes

If I'm up there you better be wearing a hat, poncho and have your camera covered... it won't be pretty:eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

Seriously.... I wonder about the "normal" swings like at Hershey and the impact of someone who doesn't handle spinning very well. I can just imagine with the extra height what kind of extra distance you might get.

Has anyone used their free chevy tix? if so did it include the free preview and/or did you use them on a different day then what it said in the letter?

Look at the ticket - does it have a P inside a square on the face of the ticket? If it does, that means that you can use it for the preview which starts at 7:30 p.m. The front gate people will just draw a line thru the P and give it back to you to use another day.

John - :eek: :scared1: :scared1:

seriously :faint:

Glad you guys made it out of there alive! :grouphug:

cheers,

And without needing a tetnus shot.

These totally grossed me out! :eek:
Note to selves - never ever stay at a Super 8

At least not in Waterbury CT.
We stayed in the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD last year and it was very clean.
Mind you it was fairly new.

John, sorry you stayed at such a nasty Super 8 hotel. I have stayed a many Super 8's and they have all been nice and well cared for. Places like that give a hotel chain a bad image. Hopefully the company will pull their franchise.

This place should be sterilized and THEN bulldozed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!