The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

There was a lull in characters, so we were finally able to go up and get some food! I did not take any plate pictures :( And I honestly can't remember much of what I had, but I know I did enjoy it.

We LOVE Tusker House! Your character pics are so cute!

I didn't find the buffet to be completely up my alley but I did find things I liked.

I've never eaten there for dinner, but breakfast is AH-MAZING! I would absolutely recommend it if you haven't ever tried it!

Glad you liked TH, we have been about 3-4x for breakfast and have really enjoyed the food and characters. It is fun to close down the park!

That's a nice way to end a day at AK without missing out on lots of park time with a sit down meal! The characters look so cute in their safari gear. The different foods kind of scare me lol but I was thinking of maybe trying breakfast there to be able to get a Rivers of Light package. I've always heard it's a great character meal!

Of course more PP pics were needed and I love how they turned out!
Never can have to many FP pictures! They are all good!

We headed towards Africa when we saw some Splash Mountain characters out!

Wow! Exciting surprise!

It was so amazing riding this at night!
Everest at night is the BEST! So much fun!

I have wanted to try Tusker House for dinner but I am pretty picky. Breakfast was really good when we ate here in April though. Glad y'all had some good character interactions!

Smart planning on your part, to grab a reservation right at park close so you didn't waste any park time eating. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal even if the food wasn't your first choice. I think that says a lot about the quality of the character interaction, the variety of foods on the line, and the restaurant itself. I really hope to try Tusker House one of these days!

While he was certainly in a better mood than at Chef Mickey's, something was definitely off about him. He was breathing VERY heavy and we were slightly concerned if we was ok. He continued to meet at other tables so we figured it wasn't anything serious. Just very bizarre!
Wow! That's that's a little bit odd. I'm surprised he didn't go backstage just from the standpoint of protecting the character. It definitely could rattle you a little bit to hear that while meeting him.

33270052616_016d434807.jpg
Beautiful picture. Ironically of a buffet, but it looks like just a peaceful marketplace with that lighting and nobody in the picture.

Your Goofy pics are the actual cutest. So glad to hear it was an enjoyable time! Love Tusker House, very overlooked imo

Thank you, it was Goofy's idea to pose like that! It was a great meal and I'm glad I gave it a chance! And spoiler alert, I made an ADR for it for my upcoming trip :)

What?! Yay!!! FP day always makes the trip feel so real! :thumbsup2

More cute pictures with characters -yay!!! :cutie:

It does! I'm hoping I get everything I want!

Thank you :)

We LOVE Tusker House! Your character pics are so cute!

I've never eaten there for dinner, but breakfast is AH-MAZING! I would absolutely recommend it if you haven't ever tried it!

Thank you! I would love to give breakfast a try one day!

Glad you liked TH, we have been about 3-4x for breakfast and have really enjoyed the food and characters. It is fun to close down the park!

I would definitely give it a try for breakfast one day! This was definitely the most fun I've had closing down a park simply because of how empty it was (as you will see in the next update) :)

That's a nice way to end a day at AK without missing out on lots of park time with a sit down meal! The characters look so cute in their safari gear. The different foods kind of scare me lol but I was thinking of maybe trying breakfast there to be able to get a Rivers of Light package. I've always heard it's a great character meal!

That was exactly my reasoning! And it was way better than heading back to the hotel and eating something at the food court!

I was very skeptical about the foods here (I'm not all that adventurous) but there were definitely enough safe options! I think you all would enjoy it! I'm actually doing the ROL package there in the fall; I really wanted to try breakfast but I opted for lunch just because it works with our schedule better.

Never can have to many FP pictures! They are all good!

Wow! Exciting surprise!

Everest at night is the BEST! So much fun!

I have wanted to try Tusker House for dinner but I am pretty picky. Breakfast was really good when we ate here in April though. Glad y'all had some good character interactions!

Very true! :) Thanks!

It was so cool seeing the Splash characters out!

I loved it!! It takes on such a different feel!

I keep hearing how awesome breakfast is! I found that the dinner had enough "safe" options to make it worth it- don't let it scare you away!

Smart planning on your part, to grab a reservation right at park close so you didn't waste any park time eating. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal even if the food wasn't your first choice. I think that says a lot about the quality of the character interaction, the variety of foods on the line, and the restaurant itself. I really hope to try Tusker House one of these days!

When i saw the park close ADR, I took it as a sign to just go for it! I'm glad we did, it was really enjoyable and a nice way to wind down at the end of our park day. I hope you all get there one day, I think you'd like it!

Wow! That's that's a little bit odd. I'm surprised he didn't go backstage just from the standpoint of protecting the character. It definitely could rattle you a little bit to hear that while meeting him.

Beautiful picture. Ironically of a buffet, but it looks like just a peaceful marketplace with that lighting and nobody in the picture.

It was odd! We fully expected him to leave but he just kept greeting his tables.

Thank you! The nice part about having such a late ADR was getting to appreciate the details without anyone around!

November 11th- Goodbye AK!

As we were walking, we heard/saw fireworks going off right over Expedition Everest! We think they must've been from Hollywood Studios. But it almost seemed like they were meant to go off over Everest! We only caught the tail end of it, but it was so neat to see!

We got to the front of the park where it was deserted! It was the coolest thing to take pictures of a completely empty Tree of Life. I only wish I had a better camera!

We took some more pictures of the Christmas tree before saying goodbye to Animal Kingdom!

We knew we were some of the last to leave the park as the buses weren't even running to every resort! The CMs would ask where you were going and point you to a bus. It didn't take us long to get back to our hotel. It was a relatively early night for us, which was much needed!

Up next...An early start at Hollywood Studios!

I remember riding while the Epcot and DHS fireworks were going off, it's so cool. It really does go above Everest, not that it's intentional, but it's pretty neat.

Omg the Christmas decor is making me so nostalgic. How neat you were like the last people out of DAK! I don't think I ever was able to do that. What a great way to end your night!

As we were walking, we heard/saw fireworks going off right over Expedition Everest! We think they must've been from Hollywood Studios. But it almost seemed like they were meant to go off over Everest! We only caught the tail end of it, but it was so neat to see!
Well that's certainly interesting! I never caught any views of fireworks from inside AK.

We knew we were some of the last to leave the park as the buses weren't even running to every resort! The CMs would ask where you were going and point you to a bus. It didn't take us long to get back to our hotel. It was a relatively early night for us, which was much needed!
A short wait for a bus is always welcome at the end of the day!

While he was certainly in a better mood than at Chef Mickey's, something was definitely off about him. He was breathing VERY heavy and we were slightly concerned if we was ok. He continued to meet at other tables so we figured it wasn't anything serious. Just very bizarre!
Oh no! Poor Donald.

I'm glad I gave this place a try! Liz had been here before and really enjoyed it, and I have to say I did too! I didn't find the buffet to be completely up my alley but I did find things I liked. And the character interaction was great and didn't feel too rushed, despite being the very end of the night.
That's good to hear, I am thinking about going here on our next family trip.

\
Very cool, too bad you couldn't actually be on Everest when it was happening.

Great picture, the tree looks beautiful.

I remember riding while the Epcot and DHS fireworks were going off, it's so cool. It really does go above Everest, not that it's intentional, but it's pretty neat.

Omg the Christmas decor is making me so nostalgic. How neat you were like the last people out of DAK! I don't think I ever was able to do that. What a great way to end your night!

It must be so cool being on the ride while it happens!

AK's Christmas decor is so nice! And it was pretty cool to be some of the last people out of the park!

I love the Christmas lights in the corner of these pictures! :goodvibes

Wow, how neat is that!?!? :thumbsup2

I've been in the parks suuuuper late, but I guess never so late they weren't operating all buses :rotfl: Maybe that'll be my goal this trip! :scratchin

Thank you!

It was a cool and strange feeling to leave the park so deserted!

Well that's certainly interesting! I never caught any views of fireworks from inside AK.

A short wait for a bus is always welcome at the end of the day!

It was really cool! I guess that's what happens now that AK stays open later :)

It was nice to have a relatively early night!

What a nice way to end your AK evening! Love the pictures of the fireworks! :)

Thank you! It was a great night!

Oh no! Poor Donald.

That's good to hear, I am thinking about going here on our next family trip.

Very cool, too bad you couldn't actually be on Everest when it was happening.

Great picture, the tree looks beautiful.

Donald definitely scared us a little!

I think you and your family would enjoy Tusker House :)

I bet it is so cool to be on Everest during the fireworks- something to put on the bucket list!

Thank you!

November 12th- Hollywood Studios

And just like that we had arrived at our last park day! Today we were up super early for Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios! We were out of the room by around 6:50am and were greeted by a beautiful sunrise!

We were on a bus quickly (and the only ones on it) and arrived at the park around 7:15!

The event was supposed to begin at 7:45 but they ended up checking us in about 5 minutes late, which was a little annoying but we were patient, unlike other people in line who were getting cranky!

It was pretty amazing to walk in to a deserted Hollywood Studios! Of course, lots of photos (and selfies) were taken!

Up next...Our Early Morning Magic begins!

Yay for Early Morning Magic! I can't wait to hear about what you got to actually do. Love all the selfies and empty park photos, so so cool. :goodvibes

Wow the park was really quiet, do they still offer the early morning magic at HS? I bet you were able to get a few rides in on TSM. The resort looks so peaceful in early morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!