The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Wow how fun at AK, random rare characters, great Safari, and really nice pictures. Your ears really look cool in the photos, like 3-D.

We then went and used our FP for Expedition Everest! I was pleasantly surprised to see my name pop up on one of the boards!

I never remember to look up at those to see if our names pop up!!

32927572350_815ace1bb3.jpg

I love everything that is happening here. The bored people in the back, the two of you being perfect princesses, and then the "woo!" crew there in the front row. This is amazing, LOL!

We then did a little shopping, and also saw kangaroos out in front of the Tree of Life!

I have never seen this before, oh my gosh!!

We headed towards Africa when we saw some Splash Mountain characters out!

Whaaaatt?? Lucky, lucky!! That's awesome. Br'er Rabbit is sooo cute!

Finally up to date! Thank you
For your trip report! We are head to Disney around the same time this year so it was great to get some insider info on seeing Mickey in his Disney sweater etc!!

Playing catch up......

I've always wanted to meet them in their holiday sweaters so I was SO happy that I finally got to do that!

So cute! I loved meeting them in their Holiday gear.

Festival of the Lion King. Liz had never seen it and my only time seeing it was back in 2013, so I'm glad we were able to find time to see it!

Oh no, I only see three tumble monkeys which means you probably didn't get the full show. One of the Monkeys got hurt this summer and since they were down one, they were only doing their part every other show. Oh well, just means you have to see it again. ::yes::

We then saw Chip & Dale out meeting so decided to go see them!

Ah Man I haven't gotten to meet them in their Christmas gear yet. I need to add them to the list to look for next time I do a Christmas trip.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my name pop up on one of the boards!

Cool, I didn't know they had those boards in the EE line.

What? Super jealous you found those guys out! Last time I saw them doing a meet and greet was on our honeymoon in 1998!

How fun!

Wow! You got some really amazing safari pics!

It was a cool surprise to see the Splash characters out!

Thank you! :)

Sunset looks like a great time to go, those pictures were great. I loved the sunset one.

Thank you, it was a great safari!

OMG YOU MET BRER RABBIT?! I'm so jealous.

I totally agree, sunset on the savannah is just STUNNING.

Can you believe that was actually my second time meeting him? The Splash characters seem to follow me haha!

I'm really glad we timed our FP for when we did, it was a great trip!

No way! That's so cool! ...But what were they doing at AK, I wonder...?

Great safari pictures! I'd really like to do a safari around sunset. I had planned it that way with a FP on a previous trip, and then the FP line got backed up about 40 minutes and we missed it.

It was really cool and unexpected! And there was no line!

Thank you! I recommend it, it's such a pretty time and the animals are all still pretty active!

Wow how fun at AK, random rare characters, great Safari, and really nice pictures. Your ears really look cool in the photos, like 3-D.

Thank you! It was a great aftermoon!

I never remember to look up at those to see if our names pop up!!

I love everything that is happening here. The bored people in the back, the two of you being perfect princesses, and then the "woo!" crew there in the front row. This is amazing, LOL!

I have never seen this before, oh my gosh!!

Whaaaatt?? Lucky, lucky!! That's awesome. Br'er Rabbit is sooo cute!

I didn't even realize it was actual guests name until I saw mine! Pretty cool!

LOL 3 very different groups of people!

I had NO idea about the kangaroos either, it was a cool surprise!

It was so random seeing the Splash characters out and with NO line!

What?!?! How cool! And, I know they're animals and all, but I wouldn't have expected to see these two in AK! :laughing: :thumbsup2

It was very unexpected! But so cool!

Finally up to date! Thank you
For your trip report! We are head to Disney around the same time this year so it was great to get some insider info on seeing Mickey in his Disney sweater etc!!

Thanks for reading along! You are going to love going at that time of year :)

Playing catch up......

So cute! I loved meeting them in their Holiday gear.

Oh no, I only see three tumble monkeys which means you probably didn't get the full show. One of the Monkeys got hurt this summer and since they were down one, they were only doing their part every other show. Oh well, just means you have to see it again. ::yes::

Ah Man I haven't gotten to meet them in their Christmas gear yet. I need to add them to the list to look for next time I do a Christmas trip.

Cool, I didn't know they had those boards in the EE line.

What? Super jealous you found those guys out! Last time I saw them doing a meet and greet was on our honeymoon in 1998!

Meeting Mickey & Minnie in their holiday sweaters was awesome!

I don't think we saw the full show as I clearly remember thinking that there was something missing from the last time I saw it. You saying that definitely confirms it then! Yes I will definitely need to see it again!

I knew Chip & Dale met over there but it didn't occur to me that they'd also be dressed up. Glad we ended up going over there!

I didn't know about those boards either!

I've actually had some crazy lucky in meeting the Splash characters! I met Brer Rabbit at MNSSHP in 2013, saw all 3 of them at Disneyland in 2015 but didn't get there in time for a picture, and met Brer Fox at a Characterpalooza last year!

November 11th- AK at night!

When we got off the safari, it was starting to get a little darker. I was really happy to get to experience this park at night!

We headed towards Asia, where everything looked so pretty.

Liz was not up for another ride on EE, but I really wanted to ride it at night so she let me go on single rider. It took less than 10 minutes for me to board!

It was so amazing riding this at night!

We then headed to the Tree to watch some of the awakenings! They were very cool and the animations were so clear! I was a little dissapointed that no PP photographers were out at night though!

Up next...Dinner!

Everest at night IS THE BEST. And the lines for the ride drop so much, it's wonderful.

I don't think Photopass generally hangs around in front of the Tree of Life at night, which is really unfortunate. I love the photos and the selfie you got tho! :teeth:

I was really happy to get to experience this park at night!
I've never seen AK at night, but I may decide to see RoL in a couple weeks, so I might get to experience this as well! Your photos are amazing, and enticing me to get there for an evening for once!

Liz was not up for another ride on EE, but I really wanted to ride it at night so she let me go on single rider. It took less than 10 minutes for me to board!
Yay!!!

We headed towards Asia, where everything looked so pretty.

Awesome photos! AK around sunset is so beautiful!

Looks like your riding partner was just as enthused as you were! Glad you got to ride at night.

We then headed to the Tree to watch some of the awakenings! They were very cool and the animations were so clear! I was a little dissapointed that no PP photographers were out at night though!

I love the awakenings! So magical. But I agree that it would be good to have some PP at AK at night. We didn't see many when we were there either, and the atmosphere is awesome for pictures.

AK really transforms at night. Everest in the dark is one of the coolest ways to ride! We still have never gotten to see the Awakening, but it looks really amazing. We were supposed to do that and an evening safari in July but we never made it back over to AK. It looks like it didn't disappoint for y'all though!

I was really happy to get to experience this park at night!

Such a pretty park at night! I'm really glad they've extended hours so you can experience it more often now.

EE, but I really wanted to ride it at night

This is definitely on my bucket list to try someday! I've only been in the park a few times at night and haven't made it on EE yet.

We then headed to the Tree to watch some of the awakenings!

I really need to give this another try. Mom and I didn't like it very much when we saw it last year but I think we were just tired at that point and ready to leave.

Everest at night is my favorite attraction to ride at Disney! I'm so glad you were able to hop on single Rider and experience it.

We were a little slow moving this morning. The long night prior, plus all the long days, were catching up to us!
It all tends to add up. Always a fine line. You don't want to waste valuable Disney time sleeping, but if you don't get enough rest, you just hit that wall.

The wait was about 20 minutes, which wasn't too bad.
I'll wait 20 minutes for EE any time!

Liz was giving me a noogie :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's a great selfie!

Cool! Doesn't seem like you see them out and about very often!

It was so amazing riding this at night!
I'm so disappointed that I didn't pull that one off. We were in AK 2 different nights and I've still yet to ride this after dark.

Everest at night IS THE BEST. And the lines for the ride drop so much, it's wonderful.

I don't think Photopass generally hangs around in front of the Tree of Life at night, which is really unfortunate. I love the photos and the selfie you got tho! :teeth:

The best!! Such a great experience!

That's a bummer, I hope that changes! Thank you :)

That stinks about the PP, glad you liked the awakening though.

Cute picture

Great shot of the sunset

I hope with the opening of Pandora, more PP are out at night!

Thanks for the compliments :)

I've never seen AK at night, but I may decide to see RoL in a couple weeks, so I might get to experience this as well! Your photos are amazing, and enticing me to get there for an evening for once!

Yay!!!

I hope you do get to experience it at night! I would have loved to spend more time during the nighttime hours!

Yay indeed! I loved my solo ride on EE!
PS - love that your countdown is 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days! :flower::flower1:

Thank you! Next week is FP day already! It's starting to feel a lot more real now :)

Awesome photos! AK around sunset is so beautiful!

Looks like your riding partner was just as enthused as you were! Glad you got to ride at night.

I love the awakenings! So magical. But I agree that it would be good to have some PP at AK at night. We didn't see many when we were there either, and the atmosphere is awesome for pictures.

Thank you! Sunset is my favorite time in the Disney parks, and AK did not disappoint!

LOL you're right! And it was a great ride!

Right? Hopefully with the the opening of Pandora/later hours they will dispatch some more PP!

AK really transforms at night. Everest in the dark is one of the coolest ways to ride! We still have never gotten to see the Awakening, but it looks really amazing. We were supposed to do that and an evening safari in July but we never made it back over to AK. It looks like it didn't disappoint for y'all though!

AK definitely takes on a different feeling at night! Everest was amazing in the dark! Ah hopefully next trip you will see the awakenings!

Such a pretty park at night! I'm really glad they've extended hours so you can experience it more often now.

This is definitely on my bucket list to try someday! I've only been in the park a few times at night and haven't made it on EE yet.

I really need to give this another try. Mom and I didn't like it very much when we saw it last year but I think we were just tired at that point and ready to leave.

It really is! So much to see and do :)

Since I know you like EE, I think you will really enjoy it at night! A much different ride!

I can see being tired affecting how you liked the show. Hopefully next time you will enjoy it more!

Everest at night is my favorite attraction to ride at Disney! I'm so glad you were able to hop on single Rider and experience it.

It was amazing!! I'm so glad I was able to sneak it in!

It all tends to add up. Always a fine line. You don't want to waste valuable Disney time sleeping, but if you don't get enough rest, you just hit that wall.

I'll wait 20 minutes for EE any time!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's a great selfie!

Cool! Doesn't seem like you see them out and about very often!

I'm so disappointed that I didn't pull that one off. We were in AK 2 different nights and I've still yet to ride this after dark.

You hit the nail on the head there! It's very hard for me to slow down at Disney- I want to do as much as possible! But sometimes you just need to relax and not wear yourself out!

Agreed- that ride is always worth the wait!

Haha glad you approve of our ride photo idea ;)

It was cool to meet the Splash characters! It was a random but fun encounter!

One day you will get on EE at night! And you will love it ::yes::

November 11th- Tusker House!

We sat around a little before heading to Tusker House for our reservation! I was on the fence about booking this, but when I saw an opening available for right at park close, I decided to jump on it. Our reservation was for 6:55pm, but they sat us early which was great!

We sat at our table and met Mickey right away!

And then Goofy came by!

There was a lull in characters, so we were finally able to go up and get some food! I did not take any plate pictures :( And I honestly can't remember much of what I had, but I know I did enjoy it. My favorite was something that I think was called Pap? It was almost like cheesy grits- so tasty!

Then Mickey came around again, so we got more pictures with him!

Followed right by Daisy!

And last but not least, Donald!

While he was certainly in a better mood than at Chef Mickey's, something was definitely off about him. He was breathing VERY heavy and we were slightly concerned if we was ok. He continued to meet at other tables so we figured it wasn't anything serious. Just very bizarre!

We finished around 8pm. I took some time to take some pictures inside the restaurant before we headed out!

I'm glad I gave this place a try! Liz had been here before and really enjoyed it, and I have to say I did too! I didn't find the buffet to be completely up my alley but I did find things I liked. And the character interaction was great and didn't feel too rushed, despite being the very end of the night.

Up next...We say goodnight to AK!

Your Goofy pics are the actual cutest. So glad to hear it was an enjoyable time! Love Tusker House, very overlooked imo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!