The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

He didn't come out until exactly at 7.
:scared1: That totally stinks! :sad2:

He was very fun and interactive! But the whole situation was frustrating and was only about to get worse!
I'm glad that it was at least a worth-while meet, but I can only imagine your frustration! I would have been, too!

All in all we ended up waiting over 90 minutes for them.
Yikes! That's frustrating on top of an already frustrating previous line.

It was tough because by the time we started to get annoyed, we were already so invested in the line that we did not want to leave.
Exactly!!! This is how I feel, too, in those situations. You've already "wasted" that much time in the line, do you give up now and have it be for nothing? :confused3

I also met a fellow DISer when taking a bathroom break- @Carathryn!
Yay!!! That's exciting! Love those chance encounters! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear this was such a frustrating start to your second party. If it's any consolation, your shirts (and your sweatshirt, too!) are so incredibly adorable, as are your pictures!!! :goodvibes

Well, I'm glad you got to have some fun with Jack Skellington, but that's just some brutal wait time for the characters. I'd be so frustrated by all of that. There's only so much time at those parties and a lot of valuable minutes were wasted while characters took breaks.

It was brutal, especially knowing how much party time we were wasting. But we made the best we could out of it!

Ugh, I relate so much to the Jack Skellington line thing. I was in line with a TON of Disneygrammers for him at my first party and we all expected him to come out at 5pm (he did at the Halloween parties this year) so the line formed at 4pm then he came out at like 6:45. I didn't meet him until past 7pm. Thank god the interaction was so awesome or I would've been so upset.

And I'm sorry to hear something similar happened with Snow & her Prince and Aurora & her prince. That line is characteristically slow moving due to the awkwardness of the location and that coupled with the nature of the M&G. But at least you made friends while in line, always a good thing to do. :thumbsup2

I really don't know why he didn't come out early like at the Halloween parties, made zero sense!

I expected that line to be a little slow, but the long breaks they took were super frustrating! Nothing seemed to come together for us on this night haha

Shoot! What a frustrating start to your party!!

That's so unfortunate! It seems like he typically comes out early. I've even heard of him coming out as early as like 4:30 in one TR! How frustrating! But your pictures are so awesome from this meet, and at least he had great interaction to help make up for it a little bit.

It just keeps getting worse!! I know exactly what you mean about waiting in a line so long that you feel invested and like you can't leave. We had to leave a line for princess fairytale hall once that was moving about 3 times slower than expected. We had a dining reservation so we had to leave, but I'd already spent so much time I was pretty upset about it.

I hope things turn around a bit for the rest of the party! And it's great that you had a little unexpected Dismeet! :)

It was a frustrating start to our party! I really expected Jack to come out early so I was pretty bummed about that. Had I known he wasn't going to come out early, I don't know if I would have had us wait. But hindsight is 20/20! We still made the best of it all!

The pictures are great, the waits not so much. Those were some long waits for you two! It is nice you were able to do a second party where you could spend more time meeting characters. I would love to see Jack Skellington as Santa Claws, how cool.

I am so glad this wasn't our only party, it would have been so disappointing! I love Nightmare Before Christmas so it was a lot of of fun meeting Jack as Sandy Claws!

This pic is so cute. It looks like something Disney would use in an ad!

Aw, I love those shirts!!

That is really frustrating, and frankly doesn't make much sense why they would do that. If they only let party people into the line to begin with, why not start earlier for such a popular character?!

Wow, REALLY frustrating night with the characters! I know just what you mean about becoming invested in the line and not wanting to leave even though it's taking way longer than you thought it would. The pictures came out nice though!

Haha Disney can totally feel free to use that photo of us! :goodvibes

Thanks, we bought the pattern off Etsy!

It was a super frustrating night! Jack not coming out early really made zero sense, especially when he had come out early in years past!

But we did get some nice photos, so I guess that's a win!

Tagging along. Only on page 12, just have to say you guys have some great pics. What camera are you using your low light photo's are great, wish mine were that good? Love the matching shoes.

Thanks for joining in! I wish I could say I use a fancy camera, but it's all just my iPhone 7! I had just gotten it before the trip and it took some awesome photos!

Caught up. Loving all of the matching shirts and ears. Again I have to echo how many great pics you guys have. Wow those are some long waits for M&G's. SO great you got to see Kelley at WDW. Did you get to watch it on TV and did you tear up? I would have.

Thank you! It awesome seeing Kelly Clarkson; I did get to watch it on TV and it was so cool knowing we were there!

Whew! I'm new around here so I just read this pretty much from start to finish and it's such a fun TR! You ladies just look so happy in all of your pics- makes me want to take a Disney trip with my BFF.

Wow, thanks for joining in and catching up! And Welcome to the DIS :) We definitely had a blast together, such a memorable trip!!

Wow, that is some long waits for characters. I tried to get in Jack's line at the beginning of a party but it was super long. I ended up going back later in the night and waited 35 minutes which was not too bad.

35 minutes isn't bad at all! Had I known he wasn't going to come out early, I probably would have rearranged my plans.

:scared1: That totally stinks! :sad2:

I'm glad that it was at least a worth-while meet, but I can only imagine your frustration! I would have been, too!

Yikes! That's frustrating on top of an already frustrating previous line.

Exactly!!! This is how I feel, too, in those situations. You've already "wasted" that much time in the line, do you give up now and have it be for nothing? :confused3

Yay!!! That's exciting! Love those chance encounters! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear this was such a frustrating start to your second party. If it's any consolation, your shirts (and your sweatshirt, too!) are so incredibly adorable, as are your pictures!!! :goodvibes

It was a frustrating start to the evening all around! Luckily the characters interactions/photos were good though.

I'm so glad we ended up doing 2 parties, it really helped us feel like we didn't miss out on anything, even if our second party didn't go as planned.

Thanks for the sweet compliments! :)

November 10th- Holiday Wishes & More Character Meets

After that we were kind of at a loss on what to do with our plan. I really wanted to see Holiday Wishes on Main Street again, but we also wanted to make sure we caught Mary & Bert's last set. We didn't know how their line was going to be and didn't want to risk going to Main Street and not making it back in time for their set. So we decided to just get in line and watch the fireworks from back there. I'll admit I was bummed! But they pipe the music in and the fireworks are VERY close from back there, so we did end up having a nice time!

Even got some nice fireworks selfies out of it!

After waiting a few minutes, Mary & Bert came out! They were a little...awkward. But we did get some cute pictures!

Here is when I have to mention how COLD it was!! We had spent the whole night so far outdoors and were absolutely shivering! We had sweatshirts but being in shorts did not help!

From here we headed on line to meet Rapunzel/Tiana. I think the posted wait was 45 minutes but it took about an hour. This line INCHED and to top it all off...they had the AC BLASTING! At this point we were pretty miserable! It seemed half our night was wasted in line and we were just uncomfortably cold. And we still had some treat spots we wanted to try and didn't know if we would have time!

Finally we were brought into the room for the meet! Liz and I had those adorable matching shirts but at this point we didn't dream of taking off our sweatshirts for any more photos!

Up next...The end of our MVMCP night!

I actually liked catching Wishes back in FL, it's not a bad spot to watch. At the last party I did, I ended up watching Christmas Wishes from the Frontierland bridge because I didn't want to get too far away from the meet and greet areas. That wasn't too bad of a view either.

I completely understand about the air conditioning in Princess Fairy tale Hall! I had the same experience as you at my last party. Thought I was going to freeze right there on the spot. But you did get some great pictures!

Bummer about spending so much of the night in line. Not a way you want to spend such an expensive night!

In that pic of you taking a selfie with Rapunzel and Flynn at first, it looks like Flynn is smelling your hair! :rotfl:

So we decided to just get in line and watch the fireworks from back there. I'll admit I was bummed! But they pipe the music in and the fireworks are VERY close from back there, so we did end up having a nice time!

Yeah, it was a tough call for sure. If it were the first time seeing the fireworks I wouldn't want to do it from Fantasyland, but once you've seen them it does give a whole different viewing experience! I used to really like FL for fireworks, but I have a feeling that with HEA now you'll miss out on a lot there by not being able to see the projections...

Even got some nice fireworks selfies out of it!

So cute! This helps salvage things for sure!

After waiting a few minutes, Mary & Bert came out! They were a little...awkward. But we did get some cute pictures!

Sorry they made for an awkward meet, but your pictures are excellent.

This line INCHED and to top it all off...they had the AC BLASTING! At this point we were pretty miserable! It seemed half our night was wasted in line and we were just uncomfortably cold. And we still had some treat spots we wanted to try and didn't know if we would have time!

So frustrating! But seeing Flynn and Naveen might have made it worth it for me. Your selife with Punzie and Flynn is really sweet, and Tiana and Naveen look so regal and fabulous!

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Wishes in front of the Castle and Bert & Mary weren't all that great. Bert's one of my FAVES to meet so I definitely suggest if you ever see him again to go say hi. He's so much fun.

Ugh, PFH has THE WORST AC. Especially under that little entryway to the main gallery, awful. I can understand why you were miserable and that line during MVMCP is very slow (especially on the Punz/Tia side). It really is just the nature of the couples M&G actually. Hope your interactions were fun enough it made up for it! :thumbsup2 I love your sweatshirt tho! I have the same one, except it's a t-shirt lol

I really don't know why he didn't come out early like at the Halloween parties, made zero sense!

I had a friend who worked Photopass with Jack during one of the Christmas parties and the lines were not nearly as bad as they were for MNSSHP so that might be why (he became a walk-up at some points). I'm guessing it was because of Nick & Judy being also a hot ticket meet that it dispersed the crowds whereas during MNSSHP it's just Jack & Sally and the Dwarfs.

When it is cold at Disney it really chills to the bone, not sure why, especially when I live in a really cold spot, oh well.

I feel your pain when it is really cold. Your selfies with all the characters come out really good!

I hope you got some hot chocolate and cookies.

Ugh, what a bummer about the cold!!! And on top of that, the continued waiting in long lines. :sad2:

Your fireworks pictures are incredible, though! :goodvibes

I remember you saying this second party was not as good as the first, and I can see why. I know the characters are popular during the parties, but there's got a be a better way to expedite the lines. I feel really bad for the guests who only had the one night to experience everything and waited in an almost 3 hour line for Jack Skeleton.

Just a rough party night, but I'm glad you and Liz seemed to be able to keep a positive attitude for the most part and make the best of it. It's pretty amazing how quickly it can cool down on those fall nights once the sun goes down!

I can't help but wonder why they put Mary Poppins directly under a light though. I had to look at the pictures a couple of times because I thought her hat was lit up or something the way it appeared to be glowing in those pictures. :rotfl:

I actually liked catching Wishes back in FL, it's not a bad spot to watch. At the last party I did, I ended up watching Christmas Wishes from the Frontierland bridge because I didn't want to get too far away from the meet and greet areas. That wasn't too bad of a view either.

I completely understand about the air conditioning in Princess Fairy tale Hall! I had the same experience as you at my last party. Thought I was going to freeze right there on the spot. But you did get some great pictures!

I do like Wishes from Fantasyland as well, I just had my heart set on seeing them again from Main Street. But it was ok, at least we still got to see them and hear the music!

Ugh that AC is way too strong! I'm sure it's lovely when it's hot, but it was not necessary on this night!

Bummer about spending so much of the night in line. Not a way you want to spend such an expensive night!

In that pic of you taking a selfie with Rapunzel and Flynn at first, it looks like Flynn is smelling your hair! :rotfl:

It was frustrating, but I guess it's the risk you take when you itinerary is character focused. I've been pretty spoiled with past parties and having good luck with lines I guess!

Haha oh my gosh you're right! :rotfl2: It was hard getting them both in that selfie!

Yeah, it was a tough call for sure. If it were the first time seeing the fireworks I wouldn't want to do it from Fantasyland, but once you've seen them it does give a whole different viewing experience! I used to really like FL for fireworks, but I have a feeling that with HEA now you'll miss out on a lot there by not being able to see the projections...

So cute! This helps salvage things for sure!

Sorry they made for an awkward meet, but your pictures are excellent.

So frustrating! But seeing Flynn and Naveen might have made it worth it for me. Your selife with Punzie and Flynn is really sweet, and Tiana and Naveen look so regal and fabulous!

I completely agree. If you have seen the fireworks before, Fantasyland is a great alternative!

Thank you!

Our experience in PFH was great, and such a nice treat getting to meet some princes!

Thanks for the info! I love finding unique Disney shirts!

No problem! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Wishes in front of the Castle and Bert & Mary weren't all that great. Bert's one of my FAVES to meet so I definitely suggest if you ever see him again to go say hi. He's so much fun.

Ugh, PFH has THE WORST AC. Especially under that little entryway to the main gallery, awful. I can understand why you were miserable and that line during MVMCP is very slow (especially on the Punz/Tia side). It really is just the nature of the couples M&G actually. Hope your interactions were fun enough it made up for it! :thumbsup2 I love your sweatshirt tho! I have the same one, except it's a t-shirt lol

I had a friend who worked Photopass with Jack during one of the Christmas parties and the lines were not nearly as bad as they were for MNSSHP so that might be why (he became a walk-up at some points). I'm guessing it was because of Nick & Judy being also a hot ticket meet that it dispersed the crowds whereas during MNSSHP it's just Jack & Sally and the Dwarfs.

I've met Bert a couple of times before and he's always been great! I guess him and Mary were just having an off night :confused3

OMG it was brutally cold! But it was a fun experience once we got inside! How funny that we have the same shirt/sweatshirt!

That does make sense! Oh well you live and learn!

That is a really good Prince Naveen!!

He was great! :goodvibes

When it is cold at Disney it really chills to the bone, not sure why, especially when I live in a really cold spot, oh well.

I feel your pain when it is really cold. Your selfies with all the characters come out really good!

I hope you got some hot chocolate and cookies.

I too am used to cold weather! I guess it's because your body expects Disney to be warm, so when it gets even slightly cool it feels unbearable!

Thanks!

We actually didn't have any time for hot chocolate, which I'm sure would have helped a little!

All I can say is burr. I hate being cold it's so miserable.

I'm with you! Give me heat any day!

Ugh, what a bummer about the cold!!! And on top of that, the continued waiting in long lines. :sad2:

Your fireworks pictures are incredible, though! :goodvibes

It ended up being quite a long night for us!

Thank you!

I remember you saying this second party was not as good as the first, and I can see why. I know the characters are popular during the parties, but there's got a be a better way to expedite the lines. I feel really bad for the guests who only had the one night to experience everything and waited in an almost 3 hour line for Jack Skeleton.

Oh gosh I know! I was really glad that we did two parties to get to experience everything we wanted.

Just a rough party night, but I'm glad you and Liz seemed to be able to keep a positive attitude for the most part and make the best of it. It's pretty amazing how quickly it can cool down on those fall nights once the sun goes down!

I can't help but wonder why they put Mary Poppins directly under a light though. I had to look at the pictures a couple of times because I thought her hat was lit up or something the way it appeared to be glowing in those pictures. :rotfl:

It was rough but we made the best of it, what else could we do! It really is crazy how the temperature can drop!

It was a weird spot for Mary & Bert. Also doesn't help that there is no PP, so you're stuck with your own camera!

That sounds very frustrating with the waits for the characters at the party. Always tough when at some points they do have the characters come out early so people line up early in case that happens again - but then when it doesn't people get frustrated. They really should try to be consistent to set proper expectations.

I don't know what the best solution for the long lines for the characters at the parties is - but it just seems to take up too much time for something you are paying just to get in for. I don't know if they can have tickets or return times or something (or like FP for them?) so you can at least pick a couple that you want to see and get to see them without a crazy wait - I can imagine it just being very frustrating

All-in-all it seems like it worked out ok and the fireworks from behind the Castle can be cool and then you did get to meet Mary and Bert (sorry it was awkward though).

I guess compared to some of the other waits, an hour to meet two princesses with their princes isn't too bad. Sorry the temperatures were putting a damper on things as well though

Joining along from my TR! I'm a little late to the party but I am here now. I only made it to page 12 tonight and will finish up soon!

This trip took place from November 5th-13th and was my second trip with my cousin, Liz. Our first trip was in May 2015, where we crammed in a ton in just 3.5 days! This time we had 8 whole days to enjoy ourselves! As well as 8 whole days to take MANY selfies as you will quickly learn ;)
This makes me so excited to read about someone else's cousin trip!! I am sure y'all had a blast!!

And then Mickey, who was awesome and the star of this meal! He was very happy to see us and even danced around with Liz. The best part though was when we asked to use our polaroid camera for some pics. We each took one with him and then he asked if a third could be taken so he could keep it! Afterwards we saw him go over to the attendant to show her and had her hold on to it. It was really cute and unexpected!
Cute pictures at CM! Glad Mickey was awesome!!

We were heading out of Fantastyland when we saw Fairy Godmother out meeting! I thought she no longer met and we both love her a lot so we immediately got in line! She was SO wonderful and really treated us like princesses :)
I loved our Fairy Godmother meeting! She truly is one of the best characters in all of Disney!

When we finished eating, we spent some time looking at all the decorations.
I loved BOG dressed up for Christmas!

And we couldn't resist snapping a parade selfie with the Big Cheese
Awesome picture! Looks like y'all had a great spot for the parade!!

And it totally exceeded my expectations! We walked in and Joy was bouncing all over the place, very excited to see us. I of course went right over to Sadness and she gave me a big hug and then proceeded to dance with me. It was the cutest thing :love: and I love how she holds your hands in the photos!
Joy and Sadness are the best! There line has been a little long for us both times but it was worth the wait!

One of my favorites parts about F&W is checking out the chocolate sculptures!
I didn't know this existed!

We stopped for some PP pictures with one of the best photographers ever! If you ever see Marina on Main Street, make sure you stop for her- she is awesome! She made sure to do tons of photos with us :) (And we even stopped to see her again later in the week).
Y'all's shirts are super cute! I will have to look for the special Christmas photo ops in December! We only found a couple last year!

and Scrooge! The line didn't seem too long but in reality we ended up waiting about 70 minutes for them. Liz was really happy though, I know this was a meet she was very much looking forward to!
We missed them because there line was sooooo long at our party but I hope to make them a priority this year!

We stopped at a second treat spot and tried the snow cone, which was also pretty good!
Yum!! I enjoyed this one!

We stopped for yet another PP picture. They were so many cute spots setup!
Love it!

Hopefully I will be able to catch up completely over the weekend! Can't wait to read more!

That sounds very frustrating with the waits for the characters at the party. Always tough when at some points they do have the characters come out early so people line up early in case that happens again - but then when it doesn't people get frustrated. They really should try to be consistent to set proper expectations.

I don't know what the best solution for the long lines for the characters at the parties is - but it just seems to take up too much time for something you are paying just to get in for. I don't know if they can have tickets or return times or something (or like FP for them?) so you can at least pick a couple that you want to see and get to see them without a crazy wait - I can imagine it just being very frustrating

All-in-all it seems like it worked out ok and the fireworks from behind the Castle can be cool and then you did get to meet Mary and Bert (sorry it was awkward though).

I guess compared to some of the other waits, an hour to meet two princesses with their princes isn't too bad. Sorry the temperatures were putting a damper on things as well though

It was frustrating but I guess it's the risk you take! A return ticket would be such a smart idea!

I'm not going to complain because it was our second party and we still managed to do mostly everything we wanted!

The temperature definitely cooled down just a little too much for us! haha

Joining along from my TR! I'm a little late to the party but I am here now. I only made it to page 12 tonight and will finish up soon!

This makes me so excited to read about someone else's cousin trip!! I am sure y'all had a blast!!

Cute pictures at CM! Glad Mickey was awesome!!

I loved our Fairy Godmother meeting! She truly is one of the best characters in all of Disney!

I loved BOG dressed up for Christmas!

Awesome picture! Looks like y'all had a great spot for the parade!!

Joy and Sadness are the best! There line has been a little long for us both times but it was worth the wait!

I didn't know this existed!

Y'all's shirts are super cute! I will have to look for the special Christmas photo ops in December! We only found a couple last year!

We missed them because there line was sooooo long at our party but I hope to make them a priority this year!

Yum!! I enjoyed this one!

Love it!

Hopefully I will be able to catch up completely over the weekend! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much for joining in!

Cousin trips are just the best :)

I love meeting the Fairy Godmother, one of my favorites as well!!

I was really glad Joy & Sadness were worth the long wait, they were awesome!

If you ever go back for Food & Wine, check out the Ghiradelli store in the festival center to see the sculptures (and for a free piece of chocolate ;))!

I love Disney parties, and we had so much fun at the Christmas one! The special photo ops were really neat!

November 10th- Goodbye MVMCP & Magic Kingdom!

When we finished it was about 11:50pm. We had 10 minutes to hit up our final 2 treat spots. One in Tomorrowland...the other in Adventureland. Yep oppposite sides of the park. I asked Liz if she wanted to split up but she said she'd rather stay together. Our feet were killing us and we did our best to hustle! First to Tomorrowland for Peppermint Bark Cookies!

The station here was a little crowded but the lines move fast. So we get up to the CM and ask for cookies and ask if we can have some extra. The CM then proceeeded to give us a slightly hard time. He first asked if we even had tried the cookies yet and if we knew we liked them (in hindsight we should have lied but we had had a long night!), so we said no. He then made us TRY the cookie before giving us each ONE extra cookie. We then decided to just get in another line to get some more. We asked the CM there if we could have 3 cookies (for the record, they usually give you two). She seemed to acknowledge what we were asking for, but then we looked and she only gave us 2. This was a stark difference from our experience the first night when the CM was shoving as many as she could in our hands!

ANYWAY! We then had about TWO minutes to get to Adventureland. We tried as hard as we could and when we got there the CMs were already cleaning up :( We must've looked pretty wounded as a CM took pity on us and gave us some cookies anyway! They seemed to have a lot left and it made me wonder what they do with leftover cookies. Do they save them for the next party? Do they throw them out? I just find it weird that they wouldn't be more willing to give extra, especially at the end of the night.

We then made our way back to the hub. We took some final pictures, soaking in our last moments in Magic Kingdom :(

This ended up being one my favorite photos I took:

I am not going to complain as we still got to do most of the things we wanted. We didn't get to see the parade again and the only meet on our list we didn't get to do was Mickey, so overall our parties were successful! It was just a little discouraging to have things not go according to plan. It seemed like we couldn't time anything right on this night!

We were beyond exhausted when we got back to the hotel and passed out pretty quickly!

Up next...Animal Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!