The struggle is real.šŸ˜’Which month to book?

Lillibelle75

Earning My Ears
Iā€™m currently trying to decide which month is going to be best for our next trip to WDW. Iā€™m looking at either Sept.2021 or January 2022. Yes, I know these are both a little far out but I donā€™t want to be there until all of the chaos is good and over, hopefully. I had hoped to go earlier but I can wait......šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜¢šŸ˜­ Also Iā€™ve been telling my husband for years that I WILL be there for the 50th anniversary!! So I do want to be there for this! I know that right now we have no way of knowing when they will be celebrating or which months, so given that my biggest thing here is crowd levels. I know itā€™s hot in September weā€™ve been several times during this time. Weā€™ve been in January also and in July, August so I know all about the heat. Iā€™ve also been at Christmas time. Our biggest and most important concern is the crowds, we like minimal crowds! So Iā€™m trying to decide which might be best and if one in particular might have more events for the 50th!!!

Jan is Florida coldest month so be ready to pack for all seasons. We have been there before and the sprinklers have come on and frozen the plants. There is also the annual race in the middle of Jan as well ask MLK day. At the end of Jan is the Pro Bowl football game and the events leading up to the big game are held at Disney the last week of Jan. Sept will still be very hot.

If crowd size is your biggest driver, I'd say January between New Year and the Marathon weekend or after the Marathon weekend. January can be cold but not terrible.

Iā€™d pick January. If you go once schools are back in session then the crowds will be minimal. Weather will be better than September but could actually be on the cold side.

I like January, the weather is cool and comfortable. I don't look at September any more since all my attempted September trips had to be cancelled due to hurricane.

I've gone to Disney 2 years in a row in January. I went the first week in past January and it was very very busy. I went to the Mexican pavilion in Epcot and it was wall to wall people. I've never seen it that busy. I would suggest the 3rd or 4th week of January. The weather is cool in January. During September the weather is still very hot. :goofy::donald::ccat:

I would go mid September after the kids all return to school. Itā€™s also Food & Wine Festival at Epcot which makes Epcot a lot more interesting. It can be hot, but that doesnā€™t bother me. We did October and it was a fluke week in the mid90s.

My fave is December before christmas break, January and February. The weather is normally great. crowds are lower with the exception of MLK/day after super bowl/ presidents day weekends.
This year we moved our trip back to October so we could go to MNSSHP.. :( we love the parties.
Unfortunately now days I dont think there is such a thing is extremely low attendance.

We've been trying to decide the same thing. I have been talking about going in Sept 2021 for about a year ( although beginning, not end ) but with everything that's happened I expect crowds towards the end of the year are going to be higher. So we're considering Feb 2022.

I like February because it's cooler than September but still warmer than Chicago in February, they have Festival of the Arts at Epcot and if you want lower crowds you can get them ( although you have to pay attention to what else is going on in Feb as there are some events that go on ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!