The Sofia Hotel in SD? Or other similar options?

cag0621

Earning My Ears
We (me, DH, DD 8 and DS 6) are in the middle of planning a couple of days in San Diego before going on to DL the first weekend in November (11/4-11/6/17). Based on location and price range, I had my eye on the Hampton Inn right outside of Little Italy and a block from the waterfront. But, they currently aren't booking out that far. So, for now, I have booked a suite at the Sofia Hotel with a deal on hotels.com. Anyone have any experience with this hotel and the location? TIA!! http://www.thesofiahotel.com/

We have not stayed at that hotel, but have been to San Diego a bunch.
The Embassy Suites would be a good solution for your family, and would be my choice.
It may be a little more money, but it is not expensive.
It has big two room suites, and a good free breakfast.
You may even get an ocean view.
The Renaissance and Westin have good rooms, but will likely be more expensive.
Hampton Inn is predictable, but I would choose the others first.
The USS Midway tour is great, and you could walk there.
Enjoy, there are a lot of fun things to do in the area.

Sofia is a tiny boutique hotel located on a main thoroughfare through Downtown San Diego - Broadway St. The rooms are nice but a bit small. I use this hotel for out of town business guests and artists as it is close to my office. There's a great place to eat at the base of the building, Tender Greens. You should be aware that core San Diego, where this hotel is, has a large homeless population. While many are harmless and often get my leftovers or I have a nice conversation with coming back from lunch, you might not feel totally safe walking around at night (and it will be dark at 5 PM on the days you are traveling). And I imagine the proximity to attractions is one of the reasons that sold you on this hotel. I would also second The Embassy Suites in Downtown San Diego. Your original pick of the Hampton Inn is also very nice. With two kids, 6 and 8, I would also look at Courtyard Suites and/or Homewood Suites at Liberty Station. Very close to the airport, near the water, and Liberty Station has tons of places to eat and great wide open spaces + playgrounds. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter