The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hello friends, old and new!

We have been back for a couple weeks now and I guess I was in denial about being back to reality so I didn't want to really acknowledge it by starting this Trip Report!

I guess it's time I faced the truth and get this show on the road. It's maybe the one thing that makes returning from the trip even kind of okay…that I get to now re-live it through the telling of this TR!

And now some introductions are in order, I suppose.

My name is Kelly, and my DH Mike and I recently traveled to WDW for our second Food and Wine trip in as many years. Some of you may know from following on my other TRs that last year's trip was book-ended by a few days at HHN in Universal
(one and done for me…too scary!), plus the Food and Wine challenge at the end of our trip (also a one and done for me…let's just keep our vacations free from exercise, shall we??).

This year we both agreed to keep our trip free from scary monsters and/or scary alarms waking us at 3am to get up and run…I don't know which was scarier!

Trip Details:
October 16th-24th
5 nights at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Originally this was going to be 5 nights at PVB and then a 4-night cruise on the Dream to celebrate mine and Mike's big birthdays this year. Well, life happened and bills and such got the better of us, i.e.. new pool heater and broken furnace, so while we were in Hilton Head, SC this past summer, we decided that maybe we ought to be responsible adults and cancel the cruise part of our trip to save some money. Of course, by then there was no more availability at PVB so I put us on a waitlist for AKL or the BWV. AKL came through first so that's where we stayed for our last 3 nights.

We had a great time and were so, so, so happy we didn't have to run any 10k's or Half Marathons this time around. It left so much more time for relaxing and having fun, and oh…eating around the WS! We did that, too!

Here's us on our way to HH…"What do you think, Mike? Should we be responsible adults and cancel the cruise part of our trip?" "Why, yes Kelly. That seems very sensible to me."
Doesn't everyone make life decisions at the Chick-Fil-a?
enhance

And here are some of our little people that we left home for this trip:

enhance

Well, two of the three are ours…Kaleb on the left 12, Allie in the middle 14 (now 15), and her little friend Hayley-that was the only way we could convince Allie into going back to HH with her family. Teenagers are so much fun.

Here are a couple pics from HH this past summer…don't worry,
I've got LOTS of WDW pics to share, as well!

Our condo…
enhance

We rented from VRBO and LOVED this place! It was spacious, super clean, and most importantly, just steps away from the Disney Beach House. Looking from the beach, the path is just to the left of the left building. And don't think I didn't go over there for more than a few Dole Whips and Mickey Bars…
enhance

enhance

Here they are ruining our day trip to Savanna and forcing us to leave early and eat at Panera because Heaven Forbid we actually try any local food…
enhance

I'm totally kidding…I love them all. But next time we go to HH, Mike and I will leave them at the condo and we'll check-out Savanna by ourselves.

We also left this guy at home for this trip and the HH trip, though the HH trip was his choice, not ours. He could have come along but he doesn't love beach vacations and chose to stay home and work, instead. Doesn't this face just scream, "responsible to you?"
enhance

That's the last you'll be seeing of those ^^^people for this report.

If you decide to stick around, brace yourself for seeing more of THIS:
enhance

or THIS:
enhance

Just two, old goof-balls having a blast in WDW!
enhance

So, if you've stuck it out this far, :welcome:

Feel free to say hello or drop any comments you'd like to share!

Im here! :cheer2: Cant wait to hear about it!

I feel like I get into denial too about writing the reports, makes it officially over :rotfl:

Hello friends, old and new!

We have been back for a couple weeks now and I guess I was in denial about being back to reality so I didn't want to really acknowledge it by starting this Trip Report!

I guess it's time I faced the truth and get this show on the road. It's maybe the one thing that makes returning from the trip even kind of okay…that I get to now re-live it through the telling of this TR!

And now some introductions are in order, I suppose.

My name is Kelly, and my DH Mike and I recently traveled to WDW for our second Food and Wine trip in as many years. Some of you may know from following on my other TRs that last year's trip was book-ended by a few days at HHN in Universal
(one and done for me…too scary!), plus the Food and Wine challenge at the end of our trip (also a one and done for me…let's just keep our vacations free from exercise, shall we??).

This year we both agreed to keep our trip free from scary monsters and/or scary alarms waking us at 3am to get up and run…I don't know which was scarier!

Trip Details:
October 16th-24th
5 nights at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Originally this was going to be 5 nights at PVB and then a 4-night cruise on the Dream to celebrate mine and Mike's big birthdays this year. Well, life happened and bills and such got the better of us, i.e.. new pool heater and broken furnace, so while we were in Hilton Head, SC this past summer, we decided that maybe we ought to be responsible adults and cancel the cruise part of our trip to save some money. Of course, by then there was no more availability at PVB so I put us on a waitlist for AKL or the BWV. AKL came through first so that's where we stayed for our last 3 nights.

We had a great time and were so, so, so happy we didn't have to run any 10k's or Half Marathons this time around. It left so much more time for relaxing and having fun, and oh…eating around the WS! We did that, too!

Here's us on our way to HH…"What do you think, Mike? Should we be responsible adults and cancel the cruise part of our trip?" "Why, yes Kelly. That seems very sensible to me."
Doesn't everyone make life decisions at the Chick-Fil-a?
enhance

And here are some of our little people that we left home for this trip:

enhance

Well, two of the three are ours…Kaleb on the left 12, Allie in the middle 14 (now 15), and her little friend Hayley-that was the only way we could convince Allie into going back to HH with her family. Teenagers are so much fun.

Here are a couple pics from HH this past summer…don't worry,
I've got LOTS of WDW pics to share, as well!

Our condo…
enhance

We rented from VRBO and LOVED this place! It was spacious, super clean, and most importantly, just steps away from the Disney Beach House. Looking from the beach, the path is just to the left of the left building. And don't think I didn't go over there for more than a few Dole Whips and Mickey Bars…
enhance

enhance

Here they are ruining our day trip to Savanna and forcing us to leave early and eat at Panera because Heaven Forbid we actually try any local food…
enhance

I'm totally kidding…I love them all. But next time we go to HH, Mike and I will leave them at the condo and we'll check-out Savanna by ourselves.

We also left this guy at home for this trip and the HH trip, though the HH trip was his choice, not ours. He could have come along but he doesn't love beach vacations and chose to stay home and work, instead. Doesn't this face just scream, "responsible to you?"
enhance

That's the last you'll be seeing of those ^^^people for this report.

If you decide to stick around, brace yourself for seeing more of THIS:
enhance

or THIS:
enhance

Just two, old goof-balls having a blast in WDW!
enhance

So, if you've stuck it out this far, :welcome:

Feel free to say hello or drop any comments you'd like to share!

Following! I have only dreamt at staying at the poly!

You had me at "snarkiest". :sunny:

Ha! It was definitely appropriate in this case, but I'll save that for another day :D

:welcome:

Im here! :cheer2: Cant wait to hear about it!

I feel like I get into denial too about writing the reports, makes it officially over :rotfl:

:wave2: Hi there!

I'm always sad to be on the other side of vacation :sad1: Good thing I have a couple to look forward to!

Following! I have only dreamt at staying at the poly!

Thanks for joining! The Poly is so amazing :love: and I'll have lots of pictures to prove it :P

following along. can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading!

Following! Loved taking our boys when they were young but now really enjoy the adult trips. Waiting for the daughter-in-law to OK a trip with the grandsons!

mickey-mouse-waving-4.gif

HI Kelly Glad to be following along. enjoyed the pics you posted on FB, now can't wait to read all about it.

LOL that does sound scary, I prefer your new plan.

popcorn::

I love some snark. Sounds like this is going to be a fun report!

let's just keep our vacations free from exercise, shall we??

lol - I always plan on exercising on vacation and it doesn't happen. I took a solo trip this past summer (without dh - geared around running and more exercise activities) - I think the he's a bad influence on my good intentions. lol

we decided that maybe we ought to be responsible adults and cancel the cruise part of our trip to save some money

Adulting stinks.

that was the only way we could convince Allie into going back to HH with her family. Teenagers are so much fun.

I always pushed to have a friend join us whenever I could. I won and lost some of those battles.

Doesn't this face just scream, "responsible to you?"

:laughing:

Following! Loved taking our boys when they were young but now really enjoy the adult trips. Waiting for the daughter-in-law to OK a trip with the grandsons!

It does make for a different kind of trip altogether and all the trips are fun in their own way. I love that when I go with my teens they will go on all the coasters and have gotten me to ride with them, as well. You'll see, but Mike doesn't love the rides, but it works out because we find other things to do that I wouldn't necessarily do with my kids.

We are planning to go in 2020 with the whole bunch of us, including my great-niece, who will be almost 5 at that time. I can't wait to go back and enjoy seeing it through a little one's eyes again. How old are your grandsons?

mickey-mouse-waving-4.gif

HI Kelly Glad to be following along. enjoyed the pics you posted on FB, now can't wait to read all about it.

LOL that does sound scary, I prefer your new plan.

popcorn::

Hi there, Glenda! :welcome: and thanks for joining! :-)

Hey Kelly! Here or another one :goodvibes

Hello, there!:wave2:

We didn't get any Pixie Mountains, but we still had fun!

Yay a new report! Excited to hear all about your fun, relaxing, and fiscally responsible holiday, haha!

Hey, Caroline :wave2:

Thanks for following!

I always plan on exercising on vacation and it doesn't happen. I took a solo trip this past summer (without dh - geared around running and more exercise activities) - I think the he's a bad influence on my good intentions. lol

I love your user name, I feel like I should curtsey here :P

I've learned that (for me) there is a time and place for exercise…and vacation is not one of them!!

Adulting stinks.

Doesn't it, though :sad:

I always pushed to have a friend join us whenever I could. I won and lost some of those battles.

I agree…whatever gets her to come along…and frankly, stop her from complaining about being bored. But it has to be the "right" friend, not someone who is going to annoy us all week. We love little Hayley and plan on bringing her along again to HH next summer too :-)

Thanks for reading!

Our grandson is going to be 2 in a week and the new baby due in Jan. So, the daughter-in-law thinks we should wait until they will remember it. Not sure I can wait that long! You're right both types of trips are wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing the World through young eyes. It's been many years! One thing I love about WDW is that even if you don't love the rides, there's so many other things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!