The Single Greatest Disney Food Experience I've Had (Chef's Table - Victoria & Albert's Slideshow)

And those are not that small :-)
We recently were blessed to be able to do the Chef's Table at V&A in the Grand Floridian. Here are the images from the meal.

We had 16 total "platings." I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can help someone enjoy it as much as we did.

1. Cauliflower Panna Cotta w/ Imperial Caviar Amuse-Bouche.
2. Sourdough rolls w/ Six Different Salts & Peppers (not on menu).
3. Lobster "BLT" Amuse-Bouche (chef's addition - not on menu).
4. Alaskan King Crab w/ Watermelon and Finger Limes.
5. Roasted Sablefish w/ Baby Bok Choy and Coconut Curry Broth.
6. New Zealand Langoustine w/ Nage Crema.
7. Herbed Brioche Bread and Butter (not on menu).
8. Truffle pasta (not on menu - chef's addition).
9. Marcho Farms Veal "En Crepe".
10. Smoked Rohan Duck w/ Fuji Apples and Celery Root.
11. Multigrain Baguette w/ Butter (not on menu).
12. Australian Kobe-Style Beef w/ Roasted Garlic Potatoes.
13. Selection of Cheeses
14. Limoncello Mango Dome w/ Blackberry Violet
15. Peruvian Chocolate Crunch
16. Assorted Tasting Chocolates (not on menu)

It's not the cost. It's the everything else LOL. DH won't eat seafood and i would sooner die of starvation than let anything containing any kind of fruit touch my lips. We'd also probably be like a couple of kids in church, laughing loudly and inapropriately the whole time. But it sure does look pretty!

It's not the cost. It's the everything else LOL. DH won't eat seafood and i would sooner die of starvation than let anything containing any kind of fruit touch my lips. We'd also probably be like a couple of kids in church, laughing loudly and inapropriately the whole time. But it sure does look pretty!

Chef's Table is separate from the rest of the dining room, so it's actually not as "stuffy" as you would think. I mean, you're literally sitting inside the kitchen. So it's not the church-like atmosphere.

But yeah, if you're not eating seafood or fruit, you might as well skip. No harm, no foul. :)

Is the chef's table something a couple could book and be alone - or do they book a whole table of people?

Is the chef's table something a couple could book and be alone - or do they book a whole table of people?

Chef's table is one *group* from 2-10 people. They do not add other parties to your group. If you are lucky enough to reserve it for 2, it's not a situation where they add another party of 2, then 4, etc. It's 2 and only 2.

My fiancé and I are (hopefully) buying a house within the next couple of weeks.. it's a pretty old house so we are praying the home inspector doesn't find anything catastrophically wrong with the roof or the floors (it looks like there has been water damage in the past). That being said, we will probably have to forgo our plans for V&A's on our wedding/honeymoon trip :sad: Hopefully we can make it work for our 1 year anniversary!

I'm disappointed because this has been on the bucket list for a while, but also excited that we might be getting a house :jumping1:

My fiancé and I are (hopefully) buying a house within the next couple of weeks.. it's a pretty old house so we are praying the home inspector doesn't find anything catastrophically wrong with the roof or the floors (it looks like there has been water damage in the past). That being said, we will probably have to forgo our plans for V&A's on our wedding/honeymoon trip :sad: Hopefully we can make it work for our 1 year anniversary!

I'm disappointed because this has been on the bucket list for a while, but also excited that we might be getting a house :jumping1:

Chef's Table has been around awhile, and will continue to be I would imagine. That house won't always be on the market. Sometimes even us Disney nerds have to be adults. If you have to pick, it's the right choice. The perils of the real world. :)

I made a reservation for a large party (7 or 9 people) at V+A during the upcoming December holidays. It was my treat so money wasn't an issue for the invitees. 2 said they felt uncomfy dressing for the ADR, 3 said the food was "too fancy" for them. I cancelled the reservation, saved some money and re-booked at Hoop De Do Review, where all will be happy. The man, DGD (she has her own food quirks and refuses to eat cheese unless it's on pizza, sighhhhh) and I will eat there another time and hopefully, all will relish the experience:).

If you ever decide to treat people again, invite me! I won't be uncomfy and the food won't be too fancy :)

If you ever decide to treat people again, invite me! I won't be uncomfy and the food won't be too fancy :)

I think Chef's Table -- to me -- is more relaxed and less fancy than the main dining room. Don't get me wrong. You're still in proper attire, but they encourage you to stand up, glace around, take pics, etc. It's far less formal, because, well you're in the kitchen after all.

My mother had her birthday yesterday and I think it's safe to say she would forgo all future presents for a Chef's Table evening.

Chef's table is one *group* from 2-10 people. They do not add other parties to your group. If you are lucky enough to reserve it for 2, it's not a situation where they add another party of 2, then 4, etc. It's 2 and only 2.
So it's priced per table, or per head? And thanks, now I'm starving!!!!

Well that's pretty amazing that they don't fill the table, then! Doubt I'll ever be able to swing it, but good info to have; thanks!

It's definitely a bucket list item. I think the video says it all. If I could afford to, I'd eat there every day. Of course I'd probably also be dead in about a month from all the butter, etc. ;)

A friend of mine just told me they got a reservation for 180ish days from now for Chef's Table. I sure hope they enjoy it as much as me. Anyone else have upcoming reservations?

We looked at this.... then I realized it was 250 EACH. One day.... One day my husband and I will splurge.

We looked at this.... then I realized it was 250 EACH. One day.... One day my husband and I will splurge.

It's definitely a bucket list item only for 99.9% of us, myself included. I would say it was 100% worth it, at least for my wife and I.

And I partially think about it, as if I was a guest to a theme park and not an Annual Pass member, etc. A Magic Kingdom peak ticket is $132 after tax. A meal at, say, Be Our Guest with appetizer, entree, and dessert is $50-60 (no alcohol). So if I wanted to eat there on a one-off visit, I'm paying close to $200. Yes, I'm getting rides, etc. But to be fair, I got a 4-hour show in the kitchen, talking to the chefs, watching, questioning them, etc...not to mention a lot more food than a normal meal. So $250? Not terrible. Now the comparison isn't perfect because most aren't going for one day only to a park at that exact price and eating at Be Our Guest or CRT, etc. But it's not that different than other Disney options if you think about it. But yeah, still primarily a bucket list item only.

It's definitely a bucket list item only for 99.9% of us, myself included. I would say it was 100% worth it, at least for my wife and I.

And I partially think about it, as if I was a guest to a theme park and not an Annual Pass member, etc. A Magic Kingdom peak ticket is $132 after tax. A meal at, say, Be Our Guest with appetizer, entree, and dessert is $50-60 (no alcohol). So if I wanted to eat there on a one-off visit, I'm paying close to $200. Yes, I'm getting rides, etc. But to be fair, I got a 4-hour show in the kitchen, talking to the chefs, watching, questioning them, etc...not to mention a lot more food than a normal meal. So $250? Not terrible. Now the comparison isn't perfect because most aren't going for one day only to a park at that exact price and eating at Be Our Guest or CRT, etc. But it's not that different than other Disney options if you think about it. But yeah, still primarily a bucket list item only.
That was exactly my thought when I saw the 250 tag! We're gonna drop 200 at least wherever we go for a full dinner for he and I. I definitely will not cross it off just for another trip.. maybe when we go back for the 50th disney anniversary:)

how did you get the ADR? You called the restaurant themselves?
Did you call the ADR number at 6am?
If you call the restaurant what time do you call at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter