The Single Greatest Disney Food Experience I've Had (Chef's Table - Victoria & Albert's Slideshow)

They actually call about 5 days in advance to ask about allergies, dislikes, celebrations, etc. If there's something you know for a fact you just won't like, then I would not hesitate to tell them. They truly do cater to you.

I will say this though, if it's something you just don't have a taste for, as opposed to an allergy or pathological fear of (and believe me, when I post my next video you will see a fear of mine and a chef being accommodating), then give it a shot. They prepare things in a way you may not have experienced that can completely change your mind. Again, don't force yourself to eat something you absolutely can't, but if it's just one of those so-so items, give it a shot (that advice isn't directly specifically to you ATM4, but everyone).

I've actually never been able to get myself to eat seafood (I have tried shrimp a couple of times, but that's it) I think it's a combination of the smell and texture that gets to me. I'm not against trying it at an experience like this, but I would hate for half of the courses to be seafood and I end up not liking any of them. Maybe I'll give it a try though.

Another question.. do you have to book the Chef's Table at exactly 180 days or does the 180+10 days apply? Also, I assume there is only one seating per night.. what time is it? I thought I saw 5:30 somewhere, but I wasn't sure.

I've actually never been able to get myself to eat seafood (I have tried shrimp a couple of times, but that's it) I think it's a combination of the smell and texture that gets to me. I'm not against trying it at an experience like this, but I would hate for half of the courses to be seafood and I end up not liking any of them. Maybe I'll give it a try though.

I'm with you--not a fan of seafood, can't get myself to eat it, both the smell and the texture get to me. But I'm still gonna do V&A's (not Chef's table!) on my next trip. My husband will have all the seafood, and I'll have other stuff :)

Absolutely tell them that. Tell them what you don't like.

And yes, 180+10 applies, but you must call. The reservation cannot be made online, even though it may look like it can be.

looks sooooooo amazing! Can't wait to eat there for the first time at my next trip. :)

You'll love it. I'm far from one of those people who says you can't be satisfied for under $10 bucks. I can call Papa John's and my wife and I can have a good night. But certainly the skill associated with this meal is worth doing at least once if at all possible, even at the stated price tag.

I don't post often but I had to jump in on this.
V&A is our favorite WDW restaurant and we try to eat there every trip(Been almost 6 years since our last trip)
I had the pleasure of dining at the Chef's Table a few years ago for my mom's birthday and it was absolutely fabulous and worth every dollar.

Thanks for sharing FarmBoy78

I've already made the "excuse" to my wife that we'll have to do it again because I have to take my mother there. She would love it. It's definitely not *cough cough* just because I want to go back. *cough cough* ;-)

Wow. Every plate is so beautiful. Thank you for posting your video. Not something my family of 4 could afford but I think I'd like to add it to my bucket list of things to try after retirement!

The plates are almost too beautifully presented to eat.
I always live vicariously through others when they post their experiences eating there. Part of me would love to go for the experience. It looks so special.
I know we'll never go. For several reasons. Monetary is a significant one but even if it wasn't, say we hit a windfall, my DH would be so uncomfortable he'd never enjoy it. He'd try for me if I asked but it wouldn't be fun for him.
And neither of us are adventurous enough to do something like this. I will try a lot of things but the list of things I don't care to try is just too great.
So in the meantime, I love to look at the photos and read the reports.
It looks so special.

Overtime we go to Victoria and Alberts we are just amazed... One of the best !!!!

The plates are almost too beautifully presented to eat.
I always live vicariously through others when they post their experiences eating there. Part of me would love to go for the experience. It looks so special.
I know we'll never go. For several reasons. Monetary is a significant one but even if it wasn't, say we hit a windfall, my DH would be so uncomfortable he'd never enjoy it. He'd try for me if I asked but it wouldn't be fun for him.
And neither of us are adventurous enough to do something like this. I will try a lot of things but the list of things I don't care to try is just too great.
So in the meantime, I love to look at the photos and read the reports.
It looks so special.

Glad you enjoyed. We're by no means rich, but we definitely splurged for this one. But if you know you wouldn't enjoy it (my dad would hate it for example...just give him a beer at Raglan Road instead), then it's not worth forcing yourself for sure.

And yes, they were stunning visually. It truly is an art.

I made a reservation for a large party (7 or 9 people) at V+A during the upcoming December holidays. It was my treat so money wasn't an issue for the invitees. 2 said they felt uncomfy dressing for the ADR, 3 said the food was "too fancy" for them. I cancelled the reservation, saved some money and re-booked at Hoop De Do Review, where all will be happy. The man, DGD (she has her own food quirks and refuses to eat cheese unless it's on pizza, sighhhhh) and I will eat there another time and hopefully, all will relish the experience:).

I made a reservation for a large party (7 or 9 people) at V+A during the upcoming December holidays. It was my treat so money wasn't an issue for the invitees. 2 said they felt uncomfy dressing for the ADR, 3 said the food was "too fancy" for them. I cancelled the reservation, saved some money and re-booked at Hoop De Do Review, where all will be happy. The man, DGD (she has her own food quirks and refuses to eat cheese unless it's on pizza, sighhhhh) and I will eat there another time and hopefully, all will relish the experience:).

We love HDR, and I can definitely understand some people not wanting to go the route of V&A. I'm an equal opportunity foodist/entertainment guy though. ;)

We love HDR, and I can definitely understand some people not wanting to go the route of V&A. I'm an equal opportunity foodist/entertainment guy though. ;)
I choose HDR as the next choice since I already had eaten there and enjoyed both the food and entertainment. Haven't heard a "bo peep" from the invitees about the potential unworthiness of it, LOL.
My feeling about V+A is theoretically mo mo reservation possibilities for me;).

I choose HDR as the next choice since I already had eaten there and enjoyed both the food and entertainment. Haven't heard a "bo peep" from the invitees about the potential unworthiness of it, LOL.
My feeling about V+A is theoretically mo mo reservation possibilities for me;).

Sounds like an eventually win-win then. ;)

I would love to do this on our honeymoon in April, but I don't eat seafood... can I tell them ahead of time that I don't eat seafood or would that be considered rude?

We haven't done the Chef's table but have done the QVR twice and the main dining room 6-7 times. I'm allergic to seafood and a couple of other things so they make up a specialized menu for me. I don't think they will be offended if you just really really don't like something.

I will say this though, if it's something you just don't have a taste for, as opposed to an allergy or pathological fear of (and believe me, when I post my next video you will see a fear of mine and a chef being accommodating), then give it a shot.

I can totally agree with this. Our first time there, I didn't know that you could tell them ahead of time that you were allergic to something (I don't think they called at that time or maybe I booked it last minute - it was 17 years ago so my memory of that part is vague). One of the courses had two selections - one was seafood and one was a mushroom pasta. I hate mushrooms. The taste and especially the texture. But I couldn't eat the seafood so I ordered the pasta. It may be 17 years ago, but I still remember the taste of that dish. Earthy, creamy but not too rich, pasta cooked brilliantly and thoroughly coated in the sauce but not pooling in the bowl, nice texture on the mushrooms. It was delicious and I polished off the bowl and was trying to scrape the last of the sauce off the sides at the end. I still don't eat mushrooms, unless it's at V&A where I will try just about anything as long as I'm not allergic. There's a huge difference in food cooked by a really top notch chef and the usual fare at a restaurant, even a nice one.

We haven't done the Chef's table but have done the QVR twice and the main dining room 6-7 times. I'm allergic to seafood and a couple of other things so they make up a specialized menu for me. I don't think they will be offended if you just really really don't like something.

Disney really truly is amazing when it comes to food allergies, dislikes, etc. If they can, they will...sometimes even if it's nearly impossible for them to do.

How dressy is it?

Here's their official dress code:

Men must wear dinner jackets with dress pants or slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Women may wear a cocktail dress, nice dress, dressy pant suit or a skirt with a blouse.

Jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes are not permitted.

For most people, "Sunday best" is about the minimum. V&A does turn people away that don't fit their dress code. If a man comes without a dinner jacket, they might provide one, if they have one of appropriate size.

How dressy is it?

As was just said, it's dressy. Men in jackets (tie optional though). I took my jacket off during the meal itself though, without issue (though that was primarily because my wife was cold and wanted to wear it...and I am part polar bear that can withstand cold, but I digress :)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter