The Single Greatest Disney Food Experience I've Had (Chef's Table - Victoria & Albert's Slideshow)

FarmBoy78

Mouseketeer
We recently were blessed to be able to do the Chef's Table at V&A in the Grand Floridian. Here are the images from the meal.

We had 16 total "platings." I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can help someone enjoy it as much as we did.

1. Cauliflower Panna Cotta w/ Imperial Caviar Amuse-Bouche.
2. Sourdough rolls w/ Six Different Salts & Peppers (not on menu).
3. Lobster "BLT" Amuse-Bouche (chef's addition - not on menu).
4. Alaskan King Crab w/ Watermelon and Finger Limes.
5. Roasted Sablefish w/ Baby Bok Choy and Coconut Curry Broth.
6. New Zealand Langoustine w/ Nage Crema.
7. Herbed Brioche Bread and Butter (not on menu).
8. Truffle pasta (not on menu - chef's addition).
9. Marcho Farms Veal "En Crepe".
10. Smoked Rohan Duck w/ Fuji Apples and Celery Root.
11. Multigrain Baguette w/ Butter (not on menu).
12. Australian Kobe-Style Beef w/ Roasted Garlic Potatoes.
13. Selection of Cheeses
14. Limoncello Mango Dome w/ Blackberry Violet
15. Peruvian Chocolate Crunch
16. Assorted Tasting Chocolates (not on menu)

Artistry in food!
I would love to try the chefs' table.
Then again all I would hear from DH is "why is everything miniature?"

No question, this was a splurge. Would I do it every trip or even often? No. But the entire experience was phenomenal, and there were easily half a dozen "never had anything better than this" plates.

As to the small size. Ha. The photos don't do justice. You're not cutting into a 22 oz. steak, no. But the portions were larger than expected. I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't post often but I had to jump in on this.
V&A is our favorite WDW restaurant and we try to eat there every trip(Been almost 6 years since our last trip)
I had the pleasure of dining at the Chef's Table a few years ago for my mom's birthday and it was absolutely fabulous and worth every dollar.

Thanks for sharing FarmBoy78

Beautiful video. Very artistic.

Thanks. I've got many more to share over time. I don't want to post them all at once though, because I'm not here to spam the board (I've been here for 3 years, but just now having the time to truly post and be a good member). I just want to share my experiences, and hopefully be able to help others in their future decisions and answer any questions they may have -- or get others involved in helping. Glad you liked.

Last edited:
My son and I did the regular 7 course meal with wine pairings last month and walked away so full we had to just eat a bite of the cheese course. We loved it but to the tune of $750 (after taxes and gratuity) it's not something we would do every trip. We will do it again but probably not for 5 years or so. We always do one high ticket experience each trip.

I would love to do this on our honeymoon in April, but I don't eat seafood... can I tell them ahead of time that I don't eat seafood or would that be considered rude?

I would love to do this on our honeymoon in April, but I don't eat seafood... can I tell them ahead of time that I don't eat seafood or would that be considered rude?

They actually call about 5 days in advance to ask about allergies, dislikes, celebrations, etc. If there's something you know for a fact you just won't like, then I would not hesitate to tell them. They truly do cater to you.

I will say this though, if it's something you just don't have a taste for, as opposed to an allergy or pathological fear of (and believe me, when I post my next video you will see a fear of mine and a chef being accommodating), then give it a shot. They prepare things in a way you may not have experienced that can completely change your mind. Again, don't force yourself to eat something you absolutely can't, but if it's just one of those so-so items, give it a shot (that advice isn't directly specifically to you ATM4, but everyone).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter