The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I visted friends here last Disney stay it's very nice. I will stay if they have discounts to listen to timeshare.
You could also check skyauction. We got a one bedroom in September 2018 for $399 for the week. There are some really good deals certain times of the year. Just keep an eye on the fine print.

We’ll be there is just a few weeks, our first visit! We rented a 2 bedroom, arriving on a Saturday. I think I read somewhere a 2 floor unit is available as an option? Is that right? We’ll be traveling with our 2 (big!) teens & think an upstairs for them would be great!
Is this true, but more importantly-are these units in a good location? Close to a good pool??

TIA

We’ll be there is just a few weeks, our first visit! We rented a 2 bedroom, arriving on a Saturday. I think I read somewhere a 2 floor unit is available as an option? Is that right? We’ll be traveling with our 2 (big!) teens & think an upstairs for them would be great!
Is this true, but more importantly-are these units in a good location? Close to a good pool??

TIA
The upper townhomes in Courts have a second floor bedroom and loft area (really a 3rd bedroom, but open to the living room below). There is full bath up there as well. Yes this is a centrally located section of the resort. close to all of Falls, Courts, and Spas pools and Zimmies eatery, very short walk to Marketplace and Cascades Pool. It is actually the original section, but was the last one to be remodeled so in some ways is the newest in the resort. The one caveat is that the 2nd bedroom upstairs has single LONG beds. These are single wide, but queen length. My 6' son fits fine, and I have tested them as well (6'3") and find they hold my length just fine.

Scan back to the beginning of the report. I have posted pictures of the Townhome a couple of times here and there is a link (that is actually the type of villa that we own).

ETA: Here a link to the post with photos: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/page-35#post-53386236

Last edited:
The upper townhomes in Courts have a second floor bedroom and loft area (really a 3rd bedroom, but open to the living room below). There is full bath up there as well. Yes this is a centrally located section of the resort. close to all of Falls, Courts, and Spas pools and Zimmies eatery, very short walk to Marketplace and Cascades Pool. It is actually the original section, but was the last one to be remodeled so in some ways is the newest in the resort. The one caveat is that the 2nd bedroom upstairs has single LONG beds. These are single wide, but queen length. My 6' son fits fine, and I have tested them as well (6'3") and find they hold my length just fine.

Scan back to the beginning of the report. I have posted pictures of the Townhome a couple of times here and there is a link (that is actually the type of villa that we own).

ETA: Here a link to the post with photos: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/page-35#post-53386236

Thank you so much! I appreciate you posting the link to your pictures because after I saw them, both boys said they couldn’t fit in those beds, lol!
Plus it didn’t look like there was a TV in the loft area and we were hoping for that also.

Can you recommend a certain area for us? I’m thinking near the Cascades or Super Pool?And is there a way I can request this area ahead of time? We rented through a getaway through Interval International & don’t remember having the option to give requests.

An email? Contact person?
I know there was a lady that people here used to contact but I think I read they didn’t have luck with her lately?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Also, I’ve been reading on other sites...Is there a deposit to use the grills? How does that work? Also, is it free WiFi? Some posts I read said just one device in the unit is eligible???
TIA

Last edited:
Hi @bobbie68

Vistana used to post the kitchen stock list on the website, but it was hard to find. With the changes over the years it has become harder to find, or been removed; I just spent several minutes poking around and could not find it. The most I could find is the kitchen description in the Villas section; this is for Courts, but all sections are very similar, however the smaller 1BR units will not have all of the amenities.
  • Fully-equipped kitchen includes granite countertops, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, blender and dinnerware
In general, there is sufficient dinnerware to match the occupancy limit of the unit (8 for most 2BR). Note that if anything is missing when you arrive, it's a quick call to housekeeping to get it rectified. We were missing a hairdryer in the main bath one year, and had a replacement in about 20 minutes. We eventually found that there were two hairdryers in the upstairs bathroom, with one tucked away in a drawer, so not missing after all.

There are enough spatulas, mixing bowls, kitchen knives, pots and pans to function. Note that a slow cooker is not included in the kitchen, but BBQ utensils are (we use the BBQ stations a LOT). Also worth noting that much of the cooking gear is very inexpensive and poor quality. Can't really blame them; if they put good quality stuff in hundreds of villas, imagine how much would "walk away". If you have the luxury of driving you might want to bring a few quality items. Our standard list includes:
  • a good non-stick fry pan
  • a couple of good quality sharp kitchen knives
  • a cutting board (Vistana provides a glass one, and I can't stand a knife on glass; gives me the heebeejeebees)
  • French press coffee pot and coffee grinder; but if you aren't a coffee snob, just bring a few extra disposable standard basket coffee filters
  • A few containers for leftovers (plastic bags and/or collapsible lidded bowls)
  • Lidded "go cups" for walking (or lying) about with hot/cold beverages
  • Laundry pods, dryer sheets, stain stick
  • Real salt and pepper (the resort provides the teeniest little disposable ones) and other mandatory seasonings (steak/chicken rubs).
That's all that comes to top of mind. I might expand the list if other things come to mind. Note, we're flying to Mexico on Friday for a timeshare stay, and I'm still packing about half the stuff listed. I'm really gonna miss my GOOD morning coffee though.

Thank you for the post. This helps a lot! I can't wait :woohoo:we are driving so will be able to take anything that we need.

Thank you so much! I appreciate you posting the link to your pictures because after I saw them, both boys said they couldn’t fit in those beds, lol!
Plus it didn’t look like there was a TV in the loft area and we were hoping for that also.

Can you recommend a certain area for us? I’m thinking near the Cascades or Super Pool?And is there a way I can request this area ahead of time? We rented through a getaway through Interval International & don’t remember having the option to give requests.

I know there was a lady that people here used to contact but I think I read they didn’t have luck with her lately?

Thanks!!

The courts townhouses are close to superpool and cascades pool - how close depends on building. However, as noted, you get twin size beds in the (very small) upstairs bedroom. The loft does not have a TV (our complaint as well!). The couches in both the loft and downstairs living room fold out into beds. If each kid wants a full-size bed, any section other than courts has 2 beds in the second bedroom - the trade off there is space - Cascades are the smallest units and the second bedroom is small, but they're still good size - a little bit over 1000 square feet, but of course much smaller than the townhouse. Cascades buildings are all walking distance to the Cascades and Super pools - how close depends on size. The next closest section to those pools is Spas. As your reservation gets closer (about 5 days or so) you can call the line for the hotel and make a request - they will stress it is a request only (we're owners there so I can't say from experience how often non-owner requests are honored, but we've never had an issue getting what we asked for, though we also usually go in off season).

Finally, you can actually view floorplans of each of the villa types on the Vistana (not Marriott hotel) page for the resort: https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/100#two-bedroom-villacascades

Thanks!!

Oh, also, I don't know if it's an issue for you - but be aware Cascades and Lakes (Lakes is in the back part. Not near Cascades or Super Pool) are the only sections with elevators. In any other section, you will be going up and down stairs to access your room, including taking your suitcases in/out via stairs. All townhome entrances are up one flight of uncovered exterior stairs. Other sections, like Fountains, the stairs are covered. You can google for photos of the exteriors of the buildings to see what I'm talking about.

The courts townhouses are close to superpool and cascades pool - how close depends on building. However, as noted, you get twin size beds in the (very small) upstairs bedroom. The loft does not have a TV (our complaint as well!). The couches in both the loft and downstairs living room fold out into beds. If each kid wants a full-size bed, any section other than courts has 2 beds in the second bedroom - the trade off there is space - Cascades are the smallest units and the second bedroom is small, but they're still good size - a little bit over 1000 square feet, but of course much smaller than the townhouse. Cascades buildings are all walking distance to the Cascades and Super pools - how close depends on size. The next closest section to those pools is Spas. As your reservation gets closer (about 5 days or so) you can call the line for the hotel and make a request - they will stress it is a request only (we're owners there so I can't say from experience how often non-owner requests are honored, but we've never had an issue getting what we asked for, though we also usually go in off season).

Finally, you can actually view floorplans of each of the villa types on the Vistana (not Marriott hotel) page for the resort: https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/100#two-bedroom-villacascades

Thanks again, appreciate your help so much

So we found out something cool. We decided to do the presentation for the gift card. At the end of the presentation they offer you the same room you were in and let you make payments. So we reserved for next year. It was cheaper than the deal they just made us. The guy told us they will offer you at the end everytime.

Thank you for the post. This helps a lot! I can't wait :woohoo:we are driving so will be able to take anything that we need.
We just came from there. You can make it work they provide everything from dish soap, laundry detergent. It's just nice to have better stuff.
We ordered walmart delivery for grocery.
The most important things we needed were Clorox wipes, foil for grilling, plastic wrap. And ziplock bags. I used there laundry detergent but you might want your own.

Oh, also, I don't know if it's an issue for you - but be aware Cascades and Lakes (Lakes is in the back part. Not near Cascades or Super Pool) are the only sections with elevators. In any other section, you will be going up and down stairs to access your room, including taking your suitcases in/out via stairs. All townhome entrances are up one flight of uncovered exterior stairs. Other sections, like Fountains, the stairs are covered. You can google for photos of the exteriors of the buildings to see what I'm talking about.
Or just go to page one of this thread and follow the link there. There is a photo essay on the first pages of this report with exterior views of all sections.

A couple of interesting changes noted above.

Laundry detergent has never been provided in the past, so this is a pleasant change. You used to have to buy or bring your own, but small boxes were available at the marketplace. Less pleasant is a $30 deposit for BBQ utensils; that has changed since last March as there has been a BBQ utensil available in the villa since they put in the gas BBQs a few years ago. Prior to that you would borrow them from the Marketplace. Yes, the BBQ stations are free, and the free wi-fi supports up to four devices. Beyond that you have to start managing who is connected (we sometimes have 6-8 or more devices in unit when travelling with kids). I'm pretty sure the premium paid wi-fi has the same restriction; you are paying for faster wi-fi, not more devices.

From everything I've heard to date, Vistana Resort gives equal treatment to all reasonable requests regardless of channel. The few times I have seen complaints it is because someone was seeking an upgrade to a higher category for free; honoring of that type of request is rare. They are also limited by what units are available, especially at peak times. I do feel things are changing a bit though under the Marriott merger, and not for the better.

My best advice for making requests is to call the resort directly no more than 2 weeks prior to arrival and ask them to note your request on your file. The reason for 2 weeks prior is that is when they get most of the reservations uploaded from the two major exchange companies; prior to that they really aren't aware of their occupancy and possibly won't have you on file.

Agree that Courts Townhome villas do not have a 4th TV in the loft but there is 3rd decent sized flat screen in the 2nd bedroom.

Good evening.
I am wanting to know what method (agency, Sheraton, ebay, etc) you used to book your stay at this resort.

We are coming to Orlando in late July. We actually already have reservations @ Pop Century. We are a family of 4, but DH is disabled and not able to do the parks like our DD's and I. I have just been thinking that we are going to need more space - especially if he is going to be staying in the room quite a bit. Last time we came down we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I rented that week off of Ebay. Thanks for any help!

Hi I personally booked right through the website directly. I had looked at some of the time share vacation rent by owner sites but I ended up with the same price for my week if I had rented from an owner. Since it was the same I felt better booking direct. I had looked at sky auction and TUG.

Good luck!

has anyone used Amazon now or another food services for delivery? wondering if the parcels still get held at the main office for holding or are sent directly to the unit, since many items are perishable.

Good evening.
I am wanting to know what method (agency, Sheraton, ebay, etc) you used to book your stay at this resort.

We are coming to Orlando in late July. We actually already have reservations @ Pop Century. We are a family of 4, but DH is disabled and not able to do the parks like our DD's and I. I have just been thinking that we are going to need more space - especially if he is going to be staying in the room quite a bit. Last time we came down we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I rented that week off of Ebay. Thanks for any help!

Go to post #2 on page one of this thread. There is a list of links to common topics there, including how/where to rent. I believe that information there is still current; last updated 2016, but not much has changed except that Sheraton properties are also available through Marriott's sites and points now.

has anyone used Amazon now or another food services for delivery? wondering if the parcels still get held at the main office for holding or are sent directly to the unit, since many items are perishable.
:welcome: to DIS @Lori_Cat

I expect that the delivery will go to the bell station at the main reception, but that's just a best guess. The resort is gated, and the guards generally only allow access to registered guests. If you are in your villa when the delivery arrives this should not be a problem as they will contact you quickly. If you are not in your unit, they will hopefully keep the order cold for you if they know it's perishable. They do have this capability, they have held groceries for us on arrival while we waited for our villa to be ready. This information is a bit stale however, as that was probably 10 years and almost as many visits ago now. There is now a fee for package handling as well. You can call the resort to confirm the procedure; if you do please post back what you find out.

Note that there are other options as well if this is not acceptable to you. You can order pre-stock of the unit directly from Vistana; it does come at a premium price however (not totally outrageous, but more than buy your own). You can also do grocery pickup at Walmart; preorder for a preset time, arrive at the designated spot and they load the groceries and you go.

Just got back from our stay! Really glad we chose this resort.
It’s close to the parks (we did Sea World, HS, & MK this trip). Disney Springs was very close.
I am glad I did my homework before I left & picked an area I wanted.
At check it (took about 30 minutes due to the long line) the rep cheerfully told me they had a nice condo ready for us in the Palms section. I told her that was too far away from the action for my crew & asked for the Fountains section. We ended up in Fountains, building 48. It really was a perfect location for us—across the close by walking bridge was 2 pools, basketball courts, shuffleboard, & a pool bar/restaurant. We requested & got the 3rd floor—we don’t like hearing people above us, & had a small lagoon view.
As I was checking in an upset man came up to the lady that was working with me and said he was in the fountain section but demanded to be moved because he took hear interstate 4. We never heard it, maybe because our villa was a row over from his.

All in all a great stay, appreciate the help from here, & hope to get back one day!!

Oh, I read there was some concerns about how many devices you could connect to their Wi-Fi. When I asked at check-in she said up to 10. We had 4 and never had a problem connecting

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!