The September 2019 Trip Reports Thread

They are closing Orlando airport on Monday. Blizzard Beach is closing and they are calling people with Fort Wilderness, Copper Creek Cabins,
and other resorts.
Gas stations are out of fuel all over the state.
Not all gas stations apparently. The ones on the evacuation routes will have gas including the one on the turnpike by Disney.

I'll give this thread a little attention. I think the hurricane scare had us all focusing on other things. But now that it has passed WDW and the Fort is reopening...

Our friends left the StL area in their MH yesterday after work. They only drove to southern Illinois before stopping for the night. Plan today is to get through Nashville with all the body parts on the MH and overnight in north GA. We packed most of opur belongings earlier in the week and sent it with them in the MH. Our flight out of StL is 11am Saturday. We have a layover in Charlotte. They have changed our connecting flight. Now we only have a 45 minute layover. As long as everything stays on time, that should be enough to catch the flight into MCO.

@cinderellagirl2280

Hopefully your pre-trip is going well and you will be on your way.

j

We are arriving the 11th, leaving the 21st. So excited!!!! We’ll have 2 RVs that we are renting, anxious to see what loop we will be in. This is our 2nd RV adventure, 3rd time at the Fort.

Heading over to the fort now! We had pushed a few days off, then added as we watched the storm path. Got down here yesterday and were literally in a hole in the storm all the way through FL. One of our better trips actually! We had planned on taking 75, but changed those plans that morning. They put us up at Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa but we requested to move over to the fort today, so we’re going! OKW was nice but it wasn’t the fort. The kids kept saying “It doesn’t feel like we’re at Disney”.

Heading over to the fort now! They put us up at Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa The kids kept saying “It doesn’t feel like we’re at Disney”.
YA!!!!

I hadn't heard anything from you and was a little concerned you decided to reschedule.

Hopefully they did a fun re-opening ceremony at the Fort this morning. We were also at OKW in 2017 after Irma. The 2BR villa is really nice, but I have to agree, it isn't the Fort.

If you are still going to be at the Fort this weekend, let us know what site you are on and we'll look you up.

Here is a pic from the re-opening party 2 years ago. There was a lot of angst after Irma about the Fort not opening. The celebration, with speeches and lots of fanfare, proved it was here to stay.

j

YA!!!!

I hadn't heard anything from you and was a little concerned you decided to reschedule.

Hopefully they did a fun re-opening ceremony at the Fort this morning. We were also at OKW in 2017 after Irma. The 2BR villa is really nice, but I have to agree, it isn't the Fort.

If you are still going to be at the Fort this weekend, let us know what site you are on and we'll look you up.

Here is a pic from the re-opening party 2 years ago. There was a lot of angst after Irma about the Fort not opening. The celebration, with speeches and lots of fanfare, proved it was here to stay.

View attachment 433094

j
That looks like so much fun! We had planned on being here first thing this morning but took our time instead and headed to DS for some bakery items. I’m so glad we didn’t reschedule - everything’s so quiet here. We had talked about canceling, then did cancel a few days, then added them back. It was quite the roller coaster the days leading up to leaving. But we got an awesome site and are all set up and it was worth all of the extra stress it took to get here. We’ll be here for sure this weekend - we’d love to see you! We’re 808. Stop by and say hi! We went swimming today and other than our kids there were 4 -6 other kids there the entire time. Can’t beat that!

Congrats Kim!

I love this time of year at the Fort. It is generally a bit quieter. In 2017, the first day reopening was pretty calm. Each day after it seemed to pick up. When we were allowed in, they only had about half the loops open. Some still required quite a bit of clean up. By the end of the week, most were open.

We will definitely swing by. Not sure where we will be yet. Our friends are hoping for 2100 so they can be close to their son in the cabins.

j

Finally able to get on here after a busy prep day.

Just got my trailer back from the shop on Monday only to discover today when I opened it up to pack, that they didn't fix the problem. I had the mobile repair guys come and fix it but even they couldn't figure out my problem until I pointed it out. But trailer is fixed, packed, hooked up and at my friends house ready to leave at 5am.

I'll be hitting Chatanooga tomorrow night and then the Fort Saturday afternoon. I've been in desperate need for this vacay now that my busy season is done at work.

Our flight lands at MCO ot 4:37pm. I figure 2 hours on DME, then we're home.

Post up your site and we'll come by and say hi.

j
Sounds good! My goal is to pull in around 3, then we have to set up and head out but I'm hoping to be back around 8 as I've got to go get the golf cart, get some groceries, and some dinner...plus we have to validate our tickets with our passports (we have the Canadian discount thing).

Finally able to get on here after a busy prep day.

Just got my trailer back from the shop on Monday only to discover today when I opened it up to pack, that they didn't fix the problem. I had the mobile repair guys come and fix it but even they couldn't figure out my problem until I pointed it out. But trailer is fixed, packed, hooked up and at my friends house ready to leave at 5am.

I'll be hitting Chatanooga tomorrow night and then the Fort Saturday afternoon. I've been in desperate need for this vacay now that my busy season is done at work.
Safe travels! Did they get the problem fixed? I hope the trip itself is relaxing and uneventful.

Not much going on for us today. Our loop is still so quiet. It’s odd looking out and not seeing other campers! Hitting Publix for some food and then spending the day at the pool. Taking it easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter