The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Hope you continue to feel better!

Glad that Amelia has improved and hope that O'Malley gets better.

Fingers crossed that the unit rents soon.

Nice score on the tickets!

Enjoy your upcoming trip; looking forward to pics!

That whole tooth thing was not fun, and it's not completely over.

That does not sound good at all. I am glad that you are feeling better and I hope this is soon completely resolved.

Amelia continues to improve, and O’Malley went back to the vet, he's having xrays as I write this. He was the first of the kittens to develop an upper respiratory condition, but his wasn't as severe as Amelia’s. His cough has really lingered.

I am glad that Amelia is better and I keep my fingers crossed for O'Malley.

As far as our August trip, airfare has been booked, and it was free!

That is what I call a result.

Corinna

So I know I owe replies to, well, everyone, but at least I think I'm mostly caught up on everyone's threads.

Good for you! I'm actually impressed that you did even that much, considering.

That whole tooth thing was not fun, and it's not completely over. They still have to replace the crown on the tooth, but at least the pain meds are over.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that part. It's a two stage process. Hopefully once that's done, it won't bother you for very long.

I don't mind the feeling after a few glasses of wine, but those pain meds are, well, different.

:laughing: Ya think?

He also gave me a local so i didn't feel much. I was totally groggy once I got home and fell asleep in my chair quite a few times.

:cat:

It took two more days for the pain to go away enough to go back to ibuprofen. It's been about a week now since I've been feeling better and playing catch up is tough. Laundry, dishes, and all those other household things that got neglected have been consuming most of my time, but I've been able to squeeze in reading TRs while waiting at the vet or other places, from my phone, of course.

I hate playing catch up. It looks like you're never going to get it all done. Intimidating. But you plug away at it and the next thing you know... all caught up.

Amelia continues to improve,

Good!

O’Malley went back to the vet, he's having xrays as I write this. He was the first of the kittens to develop an upper respiratory condition, but his wasn't as severe as Amelia’s. His cough has really lingered.

That's too bad. Hope he gets what he needs... without the same hit on the pocketbook, too.

The apartment is still vacant. It seems that no included parking is the problem, but until we get the front unit ready, we're kinda stuck. So still crossing fingers.

Good luck with that.

Would you give a break to a Canadian looking to relocate away from the snow?

As far as our August trip, airfare has been booked, and it was free! Southwest gave us 60,000 miles for using their credit card and since we did spend on their card, we had enough miles for a trip less than a year after opening it!

Nice!!

a week from today, Fran and I check into the Grand for the opening weekend of DCA F&W festival, and celebrating Jenny’s 21st birthday! :laughing:

Woot!

Poor kitty! So glad she's finally home!

Fingers crossed that this new rental will go quickly!

One down, one to go!

Isn't the new ride amazing? And the the entire land is just so beautiful!

Great safari pics!

It is really neat, amd yes the ride is amazing! They did a great job with that one. I was amazed that the animals were so photogenic late in the day .

I hope your kitty is still on the mend. It is so distressing when our pets get that ill. Thank God you had the resources to cover her medical.

Well we really don't have the resources, other than our savings account (which is rapidly shrinking). We have about 20 days to find money and we have just about everything that is not nailed down on eBay.

And sorry to hear about your dental pain. I've been wondering why the updates have been so sparse, but didn't want to ask because I thought maybe something difficult was going on. Sounds like you are able to keep your wits about you in spite of all the real life stress. Keep up the good work!

Nothing anymore difficult than the usual! :laughing: Besides the tooth that is. It just seems like there is more of it right now.

Glad the kitten is on the mend. I can’t imagine the vet bills.

I can't imagine what we would have done if we didn't have money in savings. I just hope we don't have any more incidents, cause stuff isn't selling quick enough on eBay.

I spent my morning at the vet with 2 foster puppies. I’m being optimist that I’m getting them back Monday, but last time I had to leave a puppy their it wasn’t good. And I heard 3 different reasons of what was wrong. Once when I called to check on him, one from rescue director and a new reason today.

Oh no! I hope everything got all sorted out.

I am glad that Amelia is feeling better.

I hope that your painful tooth gets sorted soon.

Well it's as good as it's going to be for the next couple weeks. We thought Amelia was cleared but the vet just called today and wants us to continue the medicine and bring her back in a month.

That was really nice of the cast member. I am glad that shipping the battery home did not break the bank.

Me too!

I loved all the safari photos. You really were spoiled that afternoon.

I know we definitely were!

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be able to ride Flight of Passage. From what I have read about it, the restraints seem to be the same or at least very similar to Tron Lightcycle Run and I was in absolute agony when they engaged the restraints. I am not going to try that again in a hurry.

From what I have seen in TRs on Shanghai, it sounds like the vehicle is very similar, except in this ride you are stationary, but as I understand it Tron is a full on rollercoaster.

From what I have seen in TRs on Shanghai, it sounds like the vehicle is very similar, except in this ride you are stationary, but as I understand it Tron is a full on rollercoaster.

Tron is a rollercoaster in the same way as the likes of Space Mountain, Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain are. It is a lot quicker and smoother than any of those, but like the ones mentioned, it has no inversions. It is an absolutely amazing ride. Fortunately there was a plan B. As soon as the restraints were engaged, I could have screamed. It felt like somebody was trying to chop off my right knee with a blunt axe. The cast member disengaged the restraints, asked me to change position and tried again. The result was the same. I do not even want to think what would have happened if I actually had made it onto the track.

Corinna

YAY for airfare! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I hope O’Malley is ok. Poor babies. So glad Amelia is on the mend.

Gracious about your tooth experience. Glad things are getting back to normal.

Sounds like a super fun weekend!

Tron is a rollercoaster in the same way as the likes of Space Mountain, Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain are. It is a lot quicker and smoother than any of those, but like the ones mentioned, it has no inversions. It is an absolutely amazing ride. Fortunately there was a plan B. As soon as the restraints were engaged, I could have screamed. It felt like somebody was trying to chop off my right knee with a blunt axe. The cast member disengaged the restraints, asked me to change position and tried again. The result was the same. I do not even want to think what would have happened if I actually had made it onto the track.

Corinna

That sounds awful! I’m sorry you didn’t get to ride. FoP is completely stationary, the screen in front moves. The ride vehicle is not anything as constraining as the Tron one.

Ouch.... sorry to hear that. Both the cost and that she was ill. (And yes, I know I already knew all that... but still... )

Yeah, not one of the best times, but i can't imagine if we couldn't treat her.

Double ouch.... You're bleeding cash!

Hemorrhaging.

Yay! Another cruise! You must've been so happy!!!

No?

:rolleyes1

Coping mechanism. Sarcasm.

I still haven't even paid for the upcoming one yet. :sad2:

Awww.... poor thing... :sad1:

She was miserable.

Whoa! That doesn't even look like the same cat! She certainly looks much happier!

Shes even better now.

"Fran had been less than impressed with my substituting pickles with jalapenos and had slugged me."

Fat chance. Neither of us do jalapenos.

Yay!
Why are we celebrating?

Sarcasm. Like i said, gets me through difficult times.

How do you know it is coherent?? Hmmmm????

True...but you understood it. No?

Oh... crap. Hopefully, given the location, it'll go quickly.

I just did the inspection yesterday and she treated it very gently. It won't take much to get it ready to rent again.

So that's what a bluff is! Heard the term for ages, but never really knew.

I guess there arent many bluffs in the prairie...

Wow! That's really nice of you.... and sounds like it'll be a lot of fun! :)

I'm excited to stay in such a nice and spacious room. I've stayed for one night at OKW before. I always said that if we came back, it should be with a group where we plan to hang out because the rooms are so large, kitchen is very spacious and the balconys are also huge. A grand villa should be really cool!

:headache: But... at least you'll have a reliable scooter.

She's been looking for an affordable one on Craigslist, but no luck so far.

Not bad. Any idea what it would've cost otherwise?

I'm guessing Fed Ex Express Saver would have been at least $75 and any other services would have been more. Overnight could have been several hundred dollars.

Had to re-read that... then realized that you'd be riding twice.

One of the benefits that Fran doesn't ride.

And doesn't that speak volumes for the ride?

Yeah cause i didn't even ride Forbidden Journey a second time.

Really! This place has never been close to being on my radar.

I've eaten there a couple times. It's mostly a basic burger place, and i hadn't had one all week, you know, fancy F&W meals. The last time i went there, they had a mac n cheese hot dog i wanted to try. Fran made a salad with thousand island (ketchup, mayo, relish) out of the toppings bar. :laughing:

Is that why you decided on Restaurantasaurus? Location?

That and i was craving a burger.

Holy crap! All that and clam chowder????

This place is going way up on my list!!

The menu changes fairly often. I remember they had a veggie sandwich with zucchini, onions, and cheese on a hoagie roll a few years ago, it was very popular. But like i said, that time i was there for the mac n cheese hot dog. Now the veggie option is a blck bean burger.

That's what I've found, but...

... really! Well, I'm certainly glad you had such a great experience!

I was surprised the animals were so active!

Aww! Best photo of the bunch!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Poor Amelia. I'm glad she is feeling better even though she was expensive!

We've had expensive kitties before, but i think she takes the cake.

Fingers crossed that the root canal goes well!

Well you know how that one came out.

I can't believe you shipped that heavy battery for only$41!!! that's amazing.

It was nice that it didnt break the bank.

You got some great pics of the safari!

Thanks! :)

Ugh. That's crazy how much this has cost you! I'm glad Amelia has taken a turn for the better. At least there's a happy ending.

I added up what adopting the pregnant cat has cost us and well, there went our new Ford Escape!

:faint: I'm so sorry. That must be awful!

It was tremendouly painful. And trying to find interesting soups to eat was a challenge.

Not too shabby for sending it cross-country.

I'm glad she gave me the more affordable option.

Neat photo! That looks pretty cool.

Thanks! :)

Can't wait to try it! I just hope Fastpasses are available when it's my time to book.

Best bet is to book it late in your trip, especially if your trip is longer than just a few days.

Wow, go figure. I didn't think the animals would be that active in the hottest part of the day.

Me neither!

:eek: Wow, that's definitely more than sleeping!

::yes::

Good luck on the dental work! Hope it goes smoothly and you're eating what you enjoy soon.

I think I'm finally back to being able to eat normally. I'm not quite brave enough to try ribs just yet, but i did make a killer burger for dinner last week.

Yeah, not one of the best times, but i can't imagine if we couldn't treat her.

Always the issue with pet owners. Where do you draw that line? Never easy.

Hemorrhaging.

Triple-ouch.

Coping mechanism. Sarcasm.

I still haven't even paid for the upcoming one yet. :sad2:

Oy. Good luck renting the last place!

Shes even better now.

Great!

Fat chance. Neither of us do jalapenos.

Funny. I tried a new recipe last night (Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas.... sooooo good.) that called for one jalapeno. I used half of one. And even then I was wondering how it'd go over. (No one noticed. Not even me.)

Sarcasm. Like i said, gets me through difficult times.

Are you sure? It's not very noticeable.

True...but you understood it. No?

Well sure. But did I understand what you intended me to understand? Hmmmmm??? ;)

I just did the inspection yesterday and she treated it very gently. It won't take much to get it ready to rent again.

That's good.

I guess there arent many bluffs in the prairie...

Just at the poker tables.

I'm excited to stay in such a nice and spacious room. I've stayed for one night at OKW before. I always said that if we came back, it should be with a group where we plan to hang out because the rooms are so large, kitchen is very spacious and the balconys are also huge. A grand villa should be really cool!

Next time you want to adopt a stray Canadian, let me know.
He's mostly house broken.

She's been looking for an affordable one on Craigslist, but no luck so far.

Oh? I thought you just needed a new battery. Wait... and a new tire.

I'm guessing Fed Ex Express Saver would have been at least $75 and any other services would have been more. Overnight could have been several hundred dollars.

Nice savings then.

One of the benefits that Fran doesn't ride.

Benefit? Or one of life's realities?

I've eaten there a couple times. It's mostly a basic burger place, and i hadn't had one all week, you know, fancy F&W meals. The last time i went there, they had a mac n cheese hot dog i wanted to try.

I can see how if you're full.... a burger may not be high on your priority list.

Fran made a salad with thousand island (ketchup, mayo, relish) out of the toppings bar. :laughing:

:laughing: Brilliant!

That and i was craving a burger.

This I understand.

The menu changes fairly often. I remember they had a veggie sandwich with zucchini, onions, and cheese on a hoagie roll a few years ago, it was very popular. But like i said, that time i was there for the mac n cheese hot dog. Now the veggie option is a blck bean burger.

If I go and the clam chowder and burger are gone, there's gonna be trouble.

I’m sorry you didn’t get to ride.

Fortunately there was a plan B and I did get to ride.

I saw a video showing the restraints on Flight of Passage and they look near identical to the ones on Tron. It is the restraint that comes up behind your legs that caused the issues.

Corinna

Fortunately there was a plan B and I did get to ride.

I saw a video showing the restraints on Flight of Passage and they look near identical to the ones on Tron. It is the restraint that comes up behind your legs that caused the issues.

Corinna

The restraints are very similar, but I felt like the whole seat was slightly larger on FoP than on Tron. You also sit more upright on FoP, more like a chair than a motorcycle, so the thighs and knees are in a different place. I found FoP seats far more comfortable than Tron.

Also, there is a seat outside the tide to try out the restraints. So, you can figure out how they are before getting in line.

The restraints are very similar, but I felt like the whole seat was slightly larger on FoP than on Tron. You also sit more upright on FoP, more like a chair than a motorcycle, so the thighs and knees are in a different place. I found FoP seats far more comfortable than Tron.

That is good to know.

Also, there is a seat outside the tide to try out the restraints. So, you can figure out how they are before getting in line.

I wish I had made use of this on Tron although if I had, I may never have got as far as the ride.

Corinna

Yay for coming home! :)

Shes even happier now that she's not quarantined in Olga's room.

But how do you know? ;)

Well did you understand it?

That sounds like a really fun time! Love this!

And what will make it even more fun is that not only do we have people from all over America bringing dishes to the table, but a couple folks are from Austria, so we'll have an international potluck!

The WORST kind of paper work. I'd rather get jury duty.

I don't know that I'd say I'd go that far! :lmao:

OH it so totally is!!! My new fave hands down!

I still would take RnRC over that one, but it is a great ride.

Gorgeous shot! Love this

Thanks! :goodvibes

So, they took the (former) amazing toppings bar from Pecos and simply moved it here. If I'm ever in the want of a burger this is now my go-to place!

I think Cosmic Rays also has a toppings bar.

I wonder if it was one of these that had to have the emergency amputation the other day? I'd have LOVED to have been at Conservation Station when that went down.

Not me! :crazy2:

Perfect shot, Alison!!!!

Thanks!

What a pain having to go to court. Great news the judge rules in your favor.

Yeah, and I learned a totally valuable lesson.

The kitties are soooo precious!!! :love:

They're also a pain in the a$$.

I don’t think I’ve seen the inside of Tusker House, its really pretty. Food looked yummy too. Great character photos. I had no idea they were in cute safari outfits.

I enjoyed the food there. I wouldn't rush back though, there are so many other places I want to try.

Awesome about the front row seats at RoL. Sounds like you had the same feelings as mom and I about the show.

Yeah, it was pretty and nice, but not really exciting.

Gracious about waiting an hour for a bus

I know. That pretty much sucked.

All caught up. Poor little Amelia. So glad she’s home and on the mend. That must have been beyond stressful :(

I kept thinking that she had to pull through. There just wasn't another option.

No good about your tooth, I’m so sorry. A root canal is something I never want to repeat, ever.

The procedure itself was not so bad, he gave me really good drugs, but the days before and after were the worst.

Yay for getting FoP and being able to do it twice! :cool1:

It was a fun ride! Have you been on it yet?

That CM was quite nice about letting you use your own Fedex account.

It was a very nice touch.

Such a fabulous safari, wow! When I see the rhinos I’m happy but you got everybody out and posing :)

Pretty much, I thought it was a nice one.

I hope you are feeling better. I have had some issues with my teeth and have had a few surgeries so I know how painful it can be.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm pretty much OK now. I hope you don't have to go through more issues either!

I kept thinking that she had to pull through. There just wasn't another option.

It was a fun ride! Have you been on it yet?

Only twice, first time with Jo, we went at park opening and still waited 90 minutes but so worth it, and the inside queue is very well done. Second time I somehow snagged a FP for mom and I earlier this month. Someone must have just canceled one, I had been checking constantly. My favorite ride is still Guardians. Did you hear they’re making a Guardians ride in Epcot, where Ellen was? No idea what its going to be but I’m excited! Also the Ratatouille ride, both in 2021 I think.

I have sooo been there with a dying root and needing a root canal and crown- the pain is seriously comparable to to labour contractions!

Happy to hear your little kittie is on the mend...animals, we love em' but they are pricey sometimes.

Wow you had a good ride on the safari as far as animal viewing! So many good photos!

Fingers crossed for the apartment!

Shes even happier now that she's not quarantined in Olga's room.

I can imagine! Poor kitty.

Well did you understand it?

That I did, my friend. YOu're doing well.

And what will make it even more fun is that not only do we have people from all over America bringing dishes to the table, but a couple folks are from Austria, so we'll have an international potluck!

Niiiice!!!! Schnitzel for everyone!

I don't know that I'd say I'd go that far! :lmao:

OH who doesn't love a long, boring day with no pay? LOL!

I still would take RnRC over that one, but it is a great ride.

yeah, sadly, that's not one I overly love. I'll go on it, but can only do it onc

I think Cosmic Rays also has a toppings bar.

Even with the fake cheese sauce? How did I not know this?!

Hope you continue to feel better!

I seem to be pretty much back to normal. Occasionally I'm "aware" of my tooth, but most of the pain is gone.

Glad that Amelia has improved and hope that O'Malley gets better.

The day after I typed the last update, the super vet called and put her back on medications for two more weeks and then wanted a follow up a month later.

Fingers crossed that the unit rents soon.

Me too! Today we attended a seminar on marketing your property.

Nice score on the tickets!

Well i wasn't completely truthful when i said they were free. We had to pay the $10 per seat airport fee.

Enjoy your upcoming trip; looking forward to pics!

Thanks! Its still six months away, but tomorrow is ADR day!

That does not sound good at all. I am glad that you are feeling better and I hope this is soon completely resolved.

About two weeks until i get the crown.

I am glad that Amelia is better and I keep my fingers crossed for O'Malley.

Amelia is back on meds, and O'Malley is making progress with his meds, except that now he is throwing up. Never a dull moment!

That is what I call a result.

:thumbsup2

Good for you! I'm actually impressed that you did even that much, considering.

Well i didnt do much multi quoting and while i think my IRL update was coherent, I'm not so sure my replies were!

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that part. It's a two stage process. Hopefully once that's done, it won't bother you for very long.

Two more weeks...

I hate playing catch up. It looks like you're never going to get it all done. Intimidating. But you plug away at it and the next thing you know... all caught up.

Except kitties keep puking on the bedsheets so when i think I'm good, then i have to do another load of laundry. We're back at the vet with O'Malley now cause his meds are making hin sick.

That's too bad. Hope he gets what he needs... without the same hit on the pocketbook, too.

Well his visit last week was only 10% of Amelia's first visit.

Good luck with that.

Would you give a break to a Canadian looking to relocate away from the snow?

We already cut the rent by $50. Just think you'd be about 4 blocks from the bluff!

Well i didnt do much multi quoting and while i think my IRL update was coherent, I'm not so sure my replies were!

:laughing:

Except kitties keep puking on the bedsheets so when i think I'm good, then i have to do another load of laundry. We're back at the vet with O'Malley now cause his meds are making hin sick.

:( That's not good. Hope he starts feeling better soon.

Well his visit last week was only 10% of Amelia's first visit.

10% is better than 110%.

We already cut the rent by $50. Just think you'd be about 4 blocks from the bluff!

You have no idea how tempting that is. :)

Tron is a rollercoaster in the same way as the likes of Space Mountain, Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain are. It is a lot quicker and smoother than any of those, but like the ones mentioned, it has no inversions. It is an absolutely amazing ride

I had pretty much gathered this from previous TRs that i had read from Shanghai.

Fortunately there was a plan B.

Did you ride in the disabled vehicle? I was pleased to hear about this as Fran can try it if we ever make it there.

As soon as the restraints were engaged, I could have screamed. It felt like somebody was trying to chop off my right knee with a blunt axe. The cast member disengaged the restraints, asked me to change position and tried again. The result was the same. I do not even want to think what would have happened if I actually had made it onto the track.

Huh. I wonder why it was the right knee.

YAY for airfare! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Now it seems real! Well except for the paying for the cruise part.

I hope O’Malley is ok. Poor babies. So glad Amelia is on the mend.

Amelia is improving, she still has another follow up. We're at the vet now with O'Malley as his meds were making him throw up.

Gracious about your tooth experience. Glad things are getting back to normal.

Slowly but surely.

Sounds like a super fun weekend!

It will be! I can't wait! Less than 48 hours now!

I'm just so behind in your report. :( In real life, I'm up to date!

:lmao: That's OK! We'll make more TR memories in just 50 hours for you!

Always the issue with pet owners. Where do you draw that line? Never easy.

Luckily we've never really had to. We follow the advice of the vets and they're usually honest about what they think they can cure and what they can't.

Oy. Good luck renting the last place!

Well i have another appt. tomorrow afternoon. We went to a seminar tjis mirning which gave me some good ideas.

Funny. I tried a new recipe last night (Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas.... sooooo good.) that called for one jalapeno. I used half of one. And even then I was wondering how it'd go over. (No one noticed. Not even me.)

This reminds me. I owe you my chicken Tikka Masala recipe. I may never make it again though. I found Sukki's version of it at Costco which was super good and so easy (cut open the bag and heat). My time is of the most importance lately.

Are you sure? It's not very noticeable.

I have two answers for you

1. Well sometimes inflections don't come through well when written online.

But more likely....

2. :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Well sure. But did I understand what you intended me to understand? Hmmmmm??? ;)

:scratchin

Just at the poker tables.

Bu-dum-chuck

Next time you want to adopt a stray Canadian, let me know.
He's mostly house broken.

Come join us over Labor Day. I belive there is a bathroom off the living room area. You can sleep on the couch. I know you can cook!

Oh? I thought you just needed a new battery. Wait... and a new tire.

And everything else that goes on a scooter.

Nice savings then.

I try to ship everything ground. Cheaper and I'm never in that big of a hurry.

Benefit? Or one of life's realities?

Benefit. Sometimes she does ride, but rarely.

I can see how if you're full.... a burger may not be high on your priority

Burgers are not often high priorities unless 1. I made it, 2. Or it comes from Dale's Diner or another killer burger joint. So often we have to eat drice through burgers and they're filling but nothing to write home about.

:laughing: Brilliant!

She has her moments!

If I go and the clam chowder and burger are gone, there's gonna be trouble.

You better go soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter