Average Pace: 8:50
Average HR: 129

2019 Running Totals
Mileage: 2,366.81
Total Time: 357:47:09
Average Pace: 9:06
Average HR: 132

2019 was a GREAT running year for me.
  • Began at the WDW marathon pacing my wife through her first marathon... this will always be the highlight. Experiencing this with her was fantastic.
  • Met a lot of great local runners as I branched out and ran with others more.
  • Ran the year mostly injury free.
  • Had PBs in 4k, 5k, 10k, 10mile, half, and full.
  • Ran my 10th marathon
  • Got a BQ time in Nov, just need to wait & see if I get in for 2021

December Totals:
Mileage: 91.5 miles. A little light for me due to my half taper/recovery,

2019 Totals:
Mileage: 1547 miles. Less than previous years, but not bad.
I'm happy with 2019: 3 PRs (2 new distances: 8K, 10M), one real PR: HM.
Injury free.
Got to meet (and run with) some DISers. You know who you are, so I won't tag you.
Got to meet Mallory! (Last on the list, but really #1!)

I'm trying to figure out what 2020 is going to be. I'm at a running low point right now due to multiple factors: 'A' race is over, holiday distractions, cold weather, lack of sunlight, general slothfulness, etc. Am I done with the PR quest? And if I am, will I be happy with that?

I better figure it out fast, because I'm doing the same 8K this weekend.

Just 32 miles for December and 559 miles for the year. But I'm ok as I'm being conservative in December as I ramp back up with running to make sure the tendinitis doesn't come back.

Highlights for the year were finishing my first full marathon in January and making my time goal for my June 10k. Low point was getting tendinitis in my foot in September and canceling my plans for a Fall half and taking it easy after that.

@sky13 - what is the May marathon you mentioned? I have a friend who's interested in maybe trying for her first full, wants a marathon with a long cut off, but isn't sure she wants to do Disney (which is what I recommended).

December miles = 144.

Pretty consistent running year. I am happy I was able to stay healthy all year.

November = 160
October = 134
September = 126
August = 150
July = 154
June = 138
May = 150
April = 115
March = 140
February = 122
January = 123

1,656 total miles total in 2019.

Anyone have a good T+D calculator they use? Do you calculate based on the data at the beginning of your workout or at the end? I think this is something I have to start tracking given that I'm outside more now.

I use the T+D calculator from this site: http://maximumperformancerunning.blogspot.com/2013/07/temperature-dew-point.html

In my opinion, to really incorporate T+D into your training, you need to be adjusting the target pace during your run to ensure that the workout is being done at the correct effort level. That requires using the T+D at the beginning of your workout. Looking at T+D after the fact can give you an idea of whether your effort level was on target, too low or too high, but that’s more informational than helpful.

This month started with a whimper on the 1st as my hamstring tightened up 3 miles into a PR attempt at the Space Coast Marathon, forcing me into “survival” pacing to get through the race. That had a knock on effect through the rest of the month, as it became more about figuring out how to run without aggravating the hamstring, limiting the mileage significantly. Here’s the December summary:

December Running Totals
Mileage: 86.0
Total Time: 15:52:24
Average Pace: 11:19/mile
Average HR: 149

Overall, 2019 was largely successful despite the sour end at Space Coast. I was able to successfully run my 1st two 50 milers in February and March before dedicating May through November to rebuilding my speed for the marathon PR attempt. Training was very good up until the hamstring debacle derailed the end of it. The total mileage for the year is a new annual PR, even if I was hoping to make 1,400. Here’s the summary:

2019 Running Totals
Mileage: 1,341.2
Total Time: 245:16:23
Average Pace: 10:55/mile
Average HR: 150

Looking forward to seeing what 2020 brings!

Anyone have a good T+D calculator they use? Do you calculate based on the data at the beginning of your workout or at the end? I think this is something I have to start tracking given that I'm outside more now.
I use the T+D calculator from this site: http://maximumperformancerunning.blogspot.com/2013/07/temperature-dew-point.html

In my opinion, to really incorporate T+D into your training, you need to be adjusting the target pace during your run to ensure that the workout is being done at the correct effort level. That requires using the T+D at the beginning of your workout. Looking at T+D after the fact can give you an idea of whether your effort level was on target, too low or too high, but that’s more informational than helpful.

I use the same calculator as @camaker. Although, I prefer using the adjusted T+D from the predicted end of the workout. I'd rather work slightly under where I'm suppose to be rather than slightly over. In many cases, these values will be virtually indistinguishable. But on super long runs is when you can start to see a larger gap between beginning and ending workout T+D.

Got a BQ time in Nov, just need to wait & see if I get in for 2021

The waiting is horrible. It was really bad for me when it was opened to the fast people. I was a squeaker, those last two weeks were agony. I screamed, jumped up and down, and cried when I got my email.

Got to meet (and run with) some DISers. You know who you are, so I won't tag you.
Got to meet Mallory! (Last on the list, but really #1!)

I am hoping to run PTRR and the 10 miler with you again. It was a great time.

Mallory enjoyed meeting you as well. She loves people. She is struggling at the moment. She has an infection, and with that is a different antibiotic for her. I am not sure if one or both of those has really gotten to her. Plus she was traveling last week and does not do so great out of her routine. She is home now but not doing well. We are making some chicken stock for her see if i can get more fluids in her. Right now we are all going to disney and spending 3 nights in the cabins. Decided to make it a short trip so that we can keep her home more.

Just felt like leaving a pic of her. This was taken at the end of May 2019.

Mallory GF face.jpg

December Totals
145.29 miles
7:41/mile

2019 Totals
1,752.83 miles
7:43/mile

Real good year for me, most miles in a year. I go with any year I stay injury free and still enjoy running as a success though. Set new PRs in one mile, 5k (during a 10k), 10k, 10 mile, half and full races.

Looking forward to 2020.

@camaker and @DopeyBadger, thanks for the link and insights. The humidity here is not what I was expecting, and I am having lots of 40* mornings with 85% humidity. From what DH has said the humidity is only going to become worse this summer.

My December and Year End Totals:

December:
Run/walk: 123 miles
Bike: 216 miles

Year totals:
Run/walk: 974 miles
Bike: 1201 miles

This has not been the year I wanted. Feels like I have been dealing with injury issues all year. First it was dealing with my ankle surgery and that recovery and then this fall it became my hip. Yes they are related, yes I followed/am following my PT’s guidance, no I do not like it. This year I had to cancel three races due to the injuries and am headed to Dopey overweight and undertrained - should be fun... But I sense after Dopey and my intended rest and recovery period I will have a better year in 2020. And I can at least rest on the fact that 2019 was a little better than 2018 and that day I slipped in the snow and started this whole mess. I am trending up! :)

Happy New Year All

December miles: 133 miles

2019 miles: 909 miles

I wanted to keep the streak of over 1000 miles for the year for four years in a row but that had to take a backseat when I hurt my foot back in the spring/summer. In a way, I'm grateful I was forced to take some time off because it really made me have a desire to run again. This summer and into the fall was the first time I actually embraced cross training and I'm confident that is what helped me bounce back fast post injury. Looking forward to backing off the running miles and spending more time cross training after Dopey.

@sky13 - what is the May marathon you mentioned? I have a friend who's interested in maybe trying for her first full, wants a marathon with a long cut off, but isn't sure she wants to do Disney (which is what I recommended).

I'm in Singapore, so unfortunately don't think my local races would work for your friend!

Our local races tend to have fairly long cut off times (the other major marathon here has a 7.5 hour cut off, and half marathons have around a 4-4.5 hour cut off). I'm pretty grateful for this as the year round heat and humidity here (think Florida in summer) can make it really hard to run so it's always nice having the time buffer...

December totals:
81 miles
11:45 average pace

2019 totals:
401.25 miles
89:50 hours/minutes

I'm really proud of my work this year. I buckled down and actually trained seriously for my first full marathon (less than 2 weeks!). My third time out, I finally redeemed myself at Rock n Roll Vegas with a 40-minute PR and a HUGE boost of confidence. I'm actually excited and nervous about the WDW marathon and have every intention to keep this level of fitness and build on it in 2020. Should all go well, I hope to be doing Dopey in 2021, two weeks after my 50th birthday! ::gulp::

I use the same calculator as @camaker. Although, I prefer using the adjusted T+D from the predicted end of the workout. I'd rather work slightly under where I'm suppose to be rather than slightly over. In many cases, these values will be virtually indistinguishable. But on super long runs is when you can start to see a larger gap between beginning and ending workout T+D.

Wouldn't this depend on whether you were running in the morning or evening? Presumably for a morning run, the T+D would increase over the course of the run, but in the evening the opposite would occur. I mention this because I usually run in late afternoon/evening in the summer, which I realize is not what most folks do, but perhaps the OP may.

The T+D adjustment has been such a relief for me in hot and humid summers - such a difference in how much I enjoy my summer runs since I have been taking it into account.

I am hoping to run PTRR and the 10 miler with you again. It was a great time.

Mallory enjoyed meeting you as well. She loves people. She is struggling at the moment. She has an infection, and with that is a different antibiotic for her. I am not sure if one or both of those has really gotten to her. Plus she was traveling last week and does not do so great out of her routine. She is home now but not doing well. We are making some chicken stock for her see if i can get more fluids in her. Right now we are all going to disney and spending 3 nights in the cabins. Decided to make it a short trip so that we can keep her home more.

Just felt like leaving a pic of her. This was taken at the end of May 2019.

View attachment 461545

Also still hoping to do PTRR and 10 miler next year. Sorry I missed Mallory at Thanksgiving, but maybe we can see her at Disney World! So sorry she's been sick, and hoping the antibiotic will work and make her feel better quickly. The picture is awesome!

December 2019 Totals
Running: 103.3 mi
ave pace: 11:54
total time: 20.48 h

This was a good amount of running for December, considering I had a marathon Dec. 1 and then recovery. My average pace is down quite a bit, but that's also because of the recovery.

Tennis: 10 h

This is down by half compared to November, but our leagues wrap up in early December and it's hard to get to play during the holidays.

2019 Totals
Running: 1243.5 miles. This is the most miles I've done in a year ever, with 1210.3 miles in 2018. I'm pretty happy with this. I only did five races: Shamrock Marathon (Mar. 17), Cherry Blossom 10-Miler (Apr. 7), Mercer Freedom 5K (May 27), Pocahontas HM (July 14), Space Cost Marathon (Dec. 1). I got a new PR in the Shamrock Marathon, but did not improve upon that at Space Coast. The Pocahontas HM and Space Coast Marathon were big fails due to hot and humid weather.

Tennis: 195.5 h, which is down from 214.5 h in 2018. I also had only 54 matches this year, compared to 58 in 2018. This is probably because there was one summer league that I couldn't join this year due to a lot of travel.

137 miles for the month, which was the most since March. And hit 1022 for the year, which is pretty good since I basically had 40 miles total for Apr-Jun. I don't really get too hung up on mileage totals because it is obviously driven by training for specific races.

Will have to figure out some kind of goals for 2020, but I guess I can wait til after next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!