The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: I will say Israel.

I flew to DD29's house after leaving WDW last Thursday and just got home Sunday. I've been slammed at work after taking off 6 work days so I am SO FAR BEHIND on the boards! I am just going to jump back in here. I always have aspirations of going back and reading stuff I missed but at this point I am doing good just to get on the boards!

QOTD: With the church burning yesterday in France I was thinking about how much history was just lost and how it's something I would never see as it once was, even after the rebuild. So for todays question, what landmark would you like to have seen in it's original state. We will assume for this discussion that time travel is possible lol.

Ditto for the Library of Alexandria. (and not to open up this major can of worms, but I'd also go for the Parthenon marbles being returned...)

Osaka pre-1900 because also Osaka now for the food.

In reference to mountain objectives, too many to list, but to start-

Corbet’s couloir, snowboard
Poubelle couloir, snowboard
Mt Rainier, climb
Pico de Orizaba, climb/snowboard
Cho Oyu, climb

Also, would love to see the Door to Hell before it stops burning

ATTQOTD: I would have loved to have seen the Temple that Solomon built. And also everyone else’s answers! Lol Travel is what my DH and I love to do. He also wants to go to Everest base camp and Antarctica is on his list. I’m not so sure about the cold at either one of those places. I’m still a Florida girl at heart with thin blood!

QOTD: Welp folks looks like I am going to get overly busy for another mega construction project at work for the next ~ 3 weeks. The last go round I struggled to post anything much less read comments. Todays question is, is anyone willing to post QOTD for a few weeks or take turns posting them? I will try to keep the race list updated during this time frame but could use help with the dailies.

Why didn’t I think of that! I would have loved to see 1955 Disneyland or 1971 MK. Heck 82 Epcot would have been awesome too!

My first trip to WDW was summer of 1977, but I was 3.5 yo and don't really remember it except for family pictures I've seen. My parents did take a picture of the sign along the road that said something like "future site of EPCOT" when driving to park at MK. It was just a big field...

QOTD: Welp folks looks like I am going to get overly busy for another mega construction project at work for the next ~ 3 weeks. The last go round I struggled to post anything much less read comments. Todays question is, is anyone willing to post QOTD for a few weeks or take turns posting them? I will try to keep the race list updated during this time frame but could use help with the dailies.

Good luck on your work project. I can post tomorrow's question and then maybe we can rotate after that. I'll nominate someone tomorrow for the next day :)

Yesterday’s ATTQOTD: The Library of Alexandria.

Today’s ATTQOTD: I’d be willing to help out asking questions over the next few weeks.

@LSUlakes I see I never gave my results for my last two races.

The Philadelphia Hot Chocolate 15K form Apr 6th - 1:22:27. It was my first 15K, so a technical PR.

The Cherry Blossom 10K from Apr 13th - My goal was 59:59 (I have never broken an hour in a 10K) and my final time was 55:59. A PR!

I can help with this, or maybe we jump into volunteering people who answer one day to ask the question the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter